The NHL Thread

wanna be drummer

^^^

Yes, Torts is gone.

Mark Messier and Wayne Gretzky both expressing interest in the Rangers coaching job. :blink:

I'd feel better about the Kings chances if Jarret Stoll was playing. He's still out from that concussion he suffered against San Jose.

Kings are the only team left I actually like. I just think Chicago has the firepower. But we will see. Torts, I did not hear the announcement. I knew it was coming and he really fucked up a good team. Lindy Ruff is hands down better than Gretsky and Messier for coaching. No not as a player. But great players do not usually make even good coaches

Kings are the only team left I actually like. I just think Chicago has the firepower. But we will see. Torts, I did not hear the announcement. I knew it was coming and he really fucked up a good team. Lindy Ruff is hands down better than Gretsky and Messier for coaching. No not as a player. But great players do not usually make even good coaches

At least Gretzky was coach for Phoenix for a few years. Messier has never been a coach.

30 minutes to game time!!!! On pins and needles.

Edited by Strider

At least Gretzky was coach for Phoenix for a few years. Messier has never been a coach.

30 minutes to game time!!!! On pins and needles.

Now on a bed of nails. Gretsky did not really have a ton of talent in his defense. But he had ample time to get some wins on emotion and he failed. Lindy Ruff is a coach. These guys are hall of fame players. There is a fine line. I hope they give Messier the job. So we can see a record number of bench penalties, and in house fighting from jump street.

The Kings are looking a little tired .

And they are looking stupid also. They just made a stupid terrible move. Signed Robyn Regehr to a 2 year contract extention. Get ready for lots of turnovers and lazy play in front of the bet Kings fans. The guy is a worthless washed up bum

He fucked us so bad I cannot begin to tell you. When the puck was behind Miller, there he was looking around dumbfounded. Him and Leopold, who is at least good on offense, are lazy sons of bitches in front of the net

Edited by LedZeppfan77

And they are looking stupid also. They just made a stupid terrible move. Signed Robyn Regehr to a 2 year contract extention. Get ready for lots of turnovers and lazy play in front of the bet Kings fans. The guy is a worthless washed up bum

He fucked us so bad I cannot begin to tell you. When the puck was behind Miller, there he was looking around dumbfounded. Him and Leopold, who is at least good on offense, are lazy sons of bitches in front of the net

The Hawks have a lot more speed than either the Blues or Sharks and at the moment, the Kings are allowing the Hawks to hit the blueline on the fly. For the Kings to get back in this series, they are going to have to do what the Bruins are doing to the Pens ... plug up the neutral zone and force the Hawks to dump the puck in. I also think that the Kings are far more banged up than they'll ever admit to. The games against the Blues and Sharks were very physical and a lot more physical than anything the Hawks have had to face so far. I'm also a little puzzled as to why the Kings aren't putting Dustin Penner at the front of the Hawks net. Seems to me that his size would create all kinds of problems for Crawford and draw a few penalty's.

The Hawks have a lot more speed than either the Blues or Sharks and at the moment, the Kings are allowing the Hawks to hit the blueline on the fly. For the Kings to get back in this series, they are going to have to do what the Bruins are doing to the Pens ... plug up the neutral zone and force the Hawks to dump the puck in. I also think that the Kings are far more banged up than they'll ever admit to. The games against the Blues and Sharks were very physical and a lot more physical than anything the Hawks have had to face so far. I'm also a little puzzled as to why the Kings aren't putting Dustin Penner at the front of the Hawks net. Seems to me that his size would create all kinds of problems for Crawford and draw a few penalty's.

I just think Chicago has too many natural goal scorers. Kane and Sharp and Teowes vs Carter is what it boils down to. LA you had to assume had the better goalie but I always thought Quick was simply a hot goalie and not a great goalie like lundquist, Miller or Luongo. The trade that the Flyers made with them may have been the worst of all time. Richards and Carter. just imagine if they still had them with Giriex? I am happy they do not. If the kings bounce back all the power to them. I do not see it. I am pretty shocked at Pittsburgh being beaten so badly but not that they are being beaten. They were always overated and now they are being exposed. I still like Chicago to take the Cup

It's pretty simple...the Kings MUST win tonight or it's over. They're not coming back from an 0-3 hole, which would require them to win two in Chicago.

It's put up or shut up time.

More bad news for the Kings...another man down. Richards is out for game 3.

It's pretty simple...the Kings MUST win tonight or it's over. They're not coming back from an 0-3 hole, which would require them to win two in Chicago.

It's put up or shut up time.

More bad news for the Kings...another man down. Richards is out for game 3.

And that is a killer. Richards, like Carter, is a main player for them to succeed. But hell, you won it last year. So you have to still be happy.

And that is a killer. Richards, like Carter, is a main player for them to succeed. But hell, you won it last year. So you have to still be happy.

Yes, the euphoria from last year still resides within me. Better one than none and if the Kings never win another one in my lifetime, I'll still be thankful for the one I was able to witness. Considering I was beginning to think the Kings would never win the Cup, 2012 will forever live on in my memory.

But 2013 is looking pretty bleak.

Yes, the euphoria from last year still resides within me. Better one than none and if the Kings never win another one in my lifetime, I'll still be thankful for the one I was able to witness. Considering I was beginning to think the Kings would never win the Cup, 2012 will forever live on in my memory.

But 2013 is looking pretty bleak.

I am very happy the Kings won. I always liked them, going back to the days of Marcel Dionne. I want to see St Louis, Vancouver and of course, my Sabres win one before I leave this Earth also. I believe they all will win one in the near future.

^^^

Yes it was...a helluva game. Jagr to Marchand to Bergeron for the game-winner in Double OT!!! Game ended 9:14pm PST, which is 12:14am EST. I wonder how many East-Coasters stayed up for the finish? I know at least one Bruin fan who didn't.

Boston up a surprising 3 games to none for Pittsburgh.

Boston up a surprising 3 games to none for Pittsburgh.

I'm a little surprised that the Bruins have taken a 3 games to none lead in the series but not the least bit surprised that Pittsburgh is behind the 8 ball. This series had Philly/Pittsburgh...last year...written all over it.

I'm a little surprised that the Bruins have taken a 3 games to none lead in the series but not the least bit surprised that Pittsburgh is behind the 8 ball. This series had Philly/Pittsburgh...last year...written all over it.

How soon they forget,..... :nhl_checking::wave:

How soon they forget,..... :nhl_checking::wave:

:wave: The B's need to finish the Pens off quickly KB. Don't want them gaining any kind of momentum. I'm thinking that the Hawks will beat the Kings tonight and then finish the series off at home setting up a Bruins / Hawks final :yesnod:

I am with you. I took the Hawks to score over 2 1/2 goals. I do not think they want LA to tie this thing. I must admit I am pretty shocked that Boston is up 3-0. Not that I think Pittsburgh is that good, but I do not think Boston is that good either. I expect the west to pummel the eastern team

The Bruins are playing kickass hockey at the right time and they are that good as advertised. I watched every second of the double OT game and the Pens did put up one hell of a fight but the Bruins just wore them down..a Bruins/Hawks would be an awesome series . Cindy Crosby hasn't done shit in the series so far. ^^^^Dont be so shocked...

tumblr_mnr11uh1eu1r41emlo1_500.gif060513bruinsms37.jpg?c=9afd48b2af9a0b369

Edited by ZEPFAN17

The Bruins are playing kickass hockey at the right time and they are that good as advertised. I watched every second of the double OT game and the Pens did put up one hell of a fight but the Bruins just wore them down..a Bruins/Hawks would be an awesome series . Cindy Crosby hasn't done shit in the series so far. ^^^^Dont be so shocked...

tumblr_mnr11uh1eu1r41emlo1_500.gif060513bruinsms37.jpg?c=9afd48b2af9a0b369

Has Malkin done anything? I have not seen any of it so I do not know? Maybe they count on Crosby too much. But the penguins are overated. I stand by my statement there are 5 teams in the West that can beat any team in the East and that includes Boston

Has Malkin done anything? I have not seen any of it so I do not know? Maybe they count on Crosby too much. But the penguins are overated. I stand by my statement there are 5 teams in the West that can beat any team in the East and that includes Boston

strongly disagree...we shall see.