The NHL Thread

wanna be drummer

Hi! Hope you don't mind a total noob to hockey hanging around here. I used to love the movie The Mighty Ducks when I was a kid (which is where I learned how the game worked), but for some reason I never really started watching the NHL until last year, and that was only off and on. Now I'm kind of obsessed, but unfortunately I don't know a darn thing about it yet. So, uh, go Red Wings! And Kings, I suppose, but I dunno, I'm just not that enthusiastic about them. Hope to see more of you guys in the near future. :)

I lived in Quebec until I was about 7. I started skating when I was about 6 months old. LOL!! Anyway, during the 70's I used to play a lot of hockey at the South Mountain Arena in NJ. We'd play at midnight when the rent was cheapest and play 1 1/2 hours and bust some heads open. After playing we'd hit the bars. LOL!!

So...Yukon:

Since you had such a bad day I guess you don't want to hear me complain about the 3 straight losses by the Leafs?

That's o.k....I'm dealing with the 3 game losses in my own way.... :witch:

I hope the rest of 08 goes better for ya..

Juliet :wave:

.........TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS..... :buttsmack:

Too many late goals scored against my team. I took some Prilosec. Caps in town tomorrow and Leafs on New Years day. Ill be watching the outdoor game and then the Sabres/Leafs. GO SABRES!!!!

Gonna be a cold one in Chicago. :freezing:

Whos your daddy? We will beat the living daylights out of you pricks. Just wait. Silly ass Clarke sitting in the press box after being fired. I wonder how many real teeth the dip shit has? Whos your daddy?

Its just a game. :blink: Get a life! :wacko::rant: Buffalo doesn't have a chance. :buttsmack::tomato:

I guess you need glasses or you're just blind to what talent skates on the ice every night in Philly! :slapshot:

Cant be much worse than Buffalo last year. Ill cheer for the young Hawks. I see Vancouver had a shutout last night and it wasnt Luongo in the nets. I cant believe Ottawa only had 17 shots. Boy have they gone in the tank. I cant believe heads havent rolled there yet?

The Sens have made a few decisions over the last few years that have been dubious at best. Keeping Redden and letting Chara go is just one example. Especially when they let Redden go this year anyway's. From what I heard from people who saw the game in Vancouver the other night, the Sens were just going through the motions. Can you say Brian Murray

Lindy Ruff has told his team that "if you don't show up, expect a seat in the press box". I expect a good showing in Boston tomorrow afternoon. GO SABRES!!

That should be a hell of a game Yukon. It's times like these that I wish I had more options to watch games. <_<

That Winter Classic game yesterday was an amazing game. Just fabulous, obviously made better by the fact my Wings won. I've been to Wrigley Field more times than I can count, and it's an amazing place to watch a baseball game, I wish I could have been there to see a hockey game.

That Winter Classic game yesterday was an amazing game. Just fabulous, obviously made better by the fact my Wings won. I've been to Wrigley Field more times than I can count, and it's an amazing place to watch a baseball game, I wish I could have been there to see a hockey game.

It was a good game and the setting was perfect. Good ice for the two teams and the old jersey's made for a great afternoon of old time hockey. I gotta say that the three games that have been played in this format have been good for the NHL. It's just too bad that Bettman and co. are getting credit for it's success when the fans and players are the ones who deserve it. Rumor has it that next year it will be at the new Yankee Stadium. Rangers / Bruins

It was sad to see the Hawks lose. :(

I once met The Golden Jet at O'Hare in 1969 and got his autograph. I was 9 and in awe of him. Not as much anymore...but I still love the old guy. ;)

In his day, he was as popular as anyone I've ever seen in the game. Great player who'd be on my starting 6 in an all time team

You had the "SuperNova" back then. Hull, Howe, Orr. All three wore the #9 (where the Nova part comes in).

Well yeah but Orr wore No 4 :D No matter Electro, I know what you meant. I wish they'd been on the Team Canada roster in 72 against the Russians as I think that series would have been even greater than it turned out to be. I gotta say that that Russian team was something special to watch. All of us arrogant Canadians got taught a lesson in that series but those three guy's not being there was a huge disappointment

Well yeah but Orr wore No 4 :D No matter Electro, I know what you meant. I wish they'd been on the Team Canada roster in 72 against the Russians as I think that series would have been even greater than it turned out to be. I gotta say that that Russian team was something special to watch. All of us arrogant Canadians got taught a lesson in that series but those three guy's not being there was a huge disappointment

Damn it. I could have sworn he wore #9. Why did I think he wore #9, my dad has a Bobby Orr jersey.

Damn it. I could have sworn he wore #9. Why did I think he wore #9, my dad has a Bobby Orr jersey.

Ahh, you probably just got it mixed up. I do that all the time :D Hull and Howe did for sure but now, you've got me wondering who wore #9 for the Bruins ! This would make a good trivia question. I'm guessing Johnny Bucyk or Johnny MacKenzie

Ahh, you probably just got it mixed up. I do that all the time :D Hull and Howe did for sure but now, you've got me wondering who wore #9 for the Bruins ! This would make a good trivia question. I'm guessing Johnny Bucyk or Johnny MacKenzie

Johnny Bucyk was #9 for the Bruins.I was a huge Bobby Orr fan in the early 70's. ;)

Johnny Bucyk was #9 for the Bruins.I was a huge Bobby Orr fan in the early 70's. ;)

I thought so :D To me, Orr's the greatest player I have ever seen. No disrespect to Gretzky and Lemieux but winning the scoring title as a defenceman is unheard of in any era. What a player he was

I thought so :D To me, Orr's the greatest player I have ever seen. No disrespect to Gretzky and Lemieux but winning the scoring title as a defenceman is unheard of in any era. What a player he was

He was fun to watch,that's for sure.I wish that I had kept all the stuff that I got from his fan club.

As for the best player, I would normally agree B) ,but my wife is from Edmonton and I don't need to start the New Year off with a bigger bang. :P

Archived