The NHL Thread

wanna be drummer

It gets on my nerves as well. I must say, I was very confident Boston would win tonight. I mean, from an emotional desperation standpoint its always tough to match the intensity of a team with their backs against the wall. Washington came back from 3-1 and Boston could too. I believe Washington can and will against Pittsburgh. But I lost some respect for Carolina tonight. They looked like the Flyers at tiimes. But when you have Brindamoor, who to me will always be a Flyer, what do you expect. That stick Jokinen whacked Chara with was dirty and the sucker punch at the end of the game. I will now cheer for Boston to wiin. I dont like dirty teams.

What the fuck are you talking about Yuk? Haven't you watched the whole series?

Boston is nothing but a bunch of fucking goons trying to intimidate their way into the finals,just like they've done all season.Chara is the biggest goon of them all.We've outplayed them 3 out of the 5 games we've played them.They respond with hard hitting.We hit back and we're "dirty"? Fuck that Yuk.They got what was coming.The refs have turned their heads when they hit.Fuck them.I hope we fuck them up tomorrow and you can root for Sid the Kid or Alex from here on out.Then again you can go west if you can't hang.

Ally, are you chewin on the sofa yet? :o

Oh man. I was going to say I hate to see Vancouver lose on a garbage goal and then Kane scores. Less than 4 minutes as I type. Its going to take some doing. It was a great season Ally if they dont come back.

My condolences Ally. Seems not right to see Dale Tallon a part of the other side? Just like watching Shoenfeild behind the Rangers bench for me. Great season for Vancouver. But I know its a tough moment for you and all there. I know the feeling all too well.

Didn't get to watch the game Yukon but have to say that Chicago deserved to win the series. They managed to get us off our game and took advantage of it. Didn't think Luongo had that great a series either. I will say this though, Chicago seems to be able to get away with plenty. Whoever play's them next will have to factor that in and not allow themselves to get undisciplined like us and Calgary did.

The people who post on this thread should be running the league Pat. I think between us, we could do a far better job than the present league brass. There are plenty of hockey hotbeds in both Canada and the USA that could sustain viable NHL franchises. To me, the league has done damage to the pro game by trying to stuff it down peoples throats in cities where there is no real interest.

You can't sell this game, it sells itself when played properly and the league needs to concentrate more on the product itself . Me thinks they've put the cart before the horse when it comes to expansion

Yeah I mean it doesn't take a genius to figure out that hockey in the dessert has a snowball's chance in hell...even Tampa Bay, with St. Louis, Lecavalier, and Stamkos - three players that could each be cornerstones in other franchises, and with a Stanley Cup at hand, are pretty much giving away tickets. It's not the weather, obviously, it's the market, but the market is in part dictated by the culture in the location. Would any of us want to be stuck inside in beautiful weather? That's, in part, why baseball and football are so popular. They are also sports that have deeper roots in the US, like hockey has in Canada and in the northeastern US. The hockey brain trust is really going against the grain trying to spread the game in markets that do not inherently have interest in it. Sometimes, opposites do not attract.

And oooh Ally, so sorry that your season is over. Gotta hand it to the Chicago kids, though, they battled hard. A talented, relentless team. Luongo was just human, a very very good level, but he needed to be superhuman, and that's too much weight for any one player to shoulder. What a shootout! It'll be interesting to see what changes they make for next year. Poor Luongo, he was so crushed after the game in interviews.

Penguins had it and took their foot off the gas. Defensive lapses on goals 3 and 4 against. I hate Ovechkin, his stupid celebrations after goals (until Cherry set him straight), his no back checking and hanging out at the offense blue line, and taking like three shifts in a row -- hello it's a TEAM GAME!

It's been a great playoffs so far this year!

Having Campbell helped and it burns my ass to see him and Kane, a Buffalo native, playing there. You guys should dump Bernier. Dead wood. The Sabres learned the hard way. He wont ever be a scorer. I see no loyalty in sports anymore. The almighty buck is all that matters to them. Tallon was a Canuck. Bowman still lives in Buffalo and is now basically running the Blackhawks. I think Luongo was great early on but later in the game he was not his usual self. Never should allow 7 but I guess you have to blame the defense too. Its hard to put a finger on why you guys lost. Perhaps you are one big name scorer/player away? But all in all, the year went far better than planned Id say. Vancouver wasnt expected to be very good and exceeded the expectations of many. So Id say it was a successfull year and you just have to try and make the team better. A few moves here and there and another kick at the can next year. I dont know if Chicago can beat the REd Wings? Possible, but not probable. Osgood is human though, and I thnk Chicago has a very slight edge in goaltending . But as for the physical end of it they are no match for Detroit. Yet they have guys like Kane that can burn them if thye arent carefull. Who would you rather have if you could have Kane or Ovetchkin?

I think it would be unfair to the Blackhawks to put this down to us not playing well. Their speed and skill exposed our defence and they are going to be a threat to anyone they play . It has been a successful year for us and it will be interesting to see what happens with the Sedin's in the off season. That decision will determine the direction the club will take. I agree, this series proved that we could do with a little more punch in the offensive zone and also proved that we really did need an offensive D man who can carry the puck out of our zone. I wish the Hawks the best of luck the rest of the way

Kane / Ovetchkyn ? Good question. Very similar in so many way's. Who would cost less :D ?

Ally:

Sorry to hear that your team will not be moving on..

I've been following the stories on CTV about The Canucks. I really liked the one about the fundraiser. I believe it had to do with scoring goals and buying a goat for a third world country in need. The reporter was holding a baby goat that made the cutest noise...the goat... I mean...

The Canucks did well...they have a wonderful group of fans...I want to try one of those green drinks,eh?

Juliet :console:

Yeah I mean it doesn't take a genius to figure out that hockey in the dessert has a snowball's chance in hell...even Tampa Bay, with St. Louis, Lecavalier, and Stamkos - three players that could each be cornerstones in other franchises, and with a Stanley Cup at hand, are pretty much giving away tickets. It's not the weather, obviously, it's the market, but the market is in part dictated by the culture in the location. Would any of us want to be stuck inside in beautiful weather? That's, in part, why baseball and football are so popular. They are also sports that have deeper roots in the US, like hockey has in Canada and in the northeastern US. The hockey brain trust is really going against the grain trying to spread the game in markets that do not inherently have interest in it. Sometimes, opposites do not attract.

And oooh Ally, so sorry that your season is over. Gotta hand it to the Chicago kids, though, they battled hard. A talented, relentless team. Luongo was just human, a very very good level, but he needed to be superhuman, and that's too much weight for any one player to shoulder. What a shootout! It'll be interesting to see what changes they make for next year. Poor Luongo, he was so crushed after the game in interviews.

Penguins had it and took their foot off the gas. Defensive lapses on goals 3 and 4 against. I hate Ovechkin, his stupid celebrations after goals (until Cherry set him straight), his no back checking and hanging out at the offense blue line, and taking like three shifts in a row -- hello it's a TEAM GAME!

It's been a great playoffs so far this year!

Thanks Pat. Life goes on and at the end of the day, it's just sport :beer:

Luongo was very upset but, the team in front of him couldn't protect the lead to save their lives. Through out the series we kept letting the Hawks off the hook. We also took too many dumb penalty's which just played into the Hawks game plan. You have to be smart as well as good to win a series and we weren't. Talk today is that Vigneault may not be back. I hope that is not true. I'd hate to see him take the blame for this. As Yukon said, this team wasn't expected to do much this year and with a little tweaking, I think we could be good for a number of years. IMHO, getting rid of our coach, is not the correct response

Ally:

Sorry to hear that your team will not be moving on..

I've been following the stories on CTV about The Canucks. I really liked the one about the fundraiser. I believe it had to do with scoring goals and buying a goat for a third world country in need. The reporter was holding a baby goat that made the cutest noise...the goat... I mean...

The Canucks did well...they have a wonderful group of fans...I want to try one of those green drinks,eh?

Juliet :console:

Thanks Juliet :wave: .

It's time to move on now though. I'm looking forward to the conference finals :boohoo::lol:

Yes, we all saw the score and the game. why dont you try posting something of substance rather than the redundant same ole same ole?

Got ot give Boston credit for not quiting Rorer. I know you are probably out pounding a few beers somewhere in disgust. Join the party pal! Things dont always go the way you want.

Not one of his posts has ever had substance. At least he's not still chanting "MCCAIN WINS!" like the fucking idiot he is

FINAL

Detroit 1

Anaheim 2

Series Tied 3-3

WARNING:

I am writing this because the poster who normally does it is a fucking retard.

PS I'm pissed. Oh, and this is even easier then it looks, so I guess he really is retarded or something as a normal person can do scorekeeping quite easily.

That is all

Yeah Hillers been lucky thus far. I dont get it. We score 10 goals between Games 4 and 5 but only one in Game 6? Shit man, we need to step up

I hope the Wings do step up but as Yukon said, a game 7 can be a bit of a lottery. You gotta find a way of controlling Getzlaf. He's been a monster this playoff season

Archived