The NHL Thread

wanna be drummer

If Im Vancouver I think Id rather play Chicago? Less experience.

I hope the Rangers get beat.

Me too but those kids are up for anything right now. No matter what, the conference semi finals are going to be great. We're getting a well deserved rest and I suspect that we'll be a little rusty come our first game back. However, like Detroit, we have a few banged up players who could do with a bit of a rest. It's all good ;)

See Tortorella was suspended for today's game. What a surprise. I hope the Rangers get buried. and an old Sabre is behind the bench. Jim Schoenfeld. Traitor. Go Caps.

Rangers are getting spanked! Love it! :nhl:

Jim ( have another donut ) Schoenfeld :lol:

I hate to say this Ally, but if your boys draw Chicago I think they are in big trouble. I am really impressed with the way Chicago has played. Luongo will have to stand on his head to beat them. No way they can outshoot the Blackhawks. No way. As for the game seven in Washington tomorrow, one has to believe the Rangers are melba toast. How can they possibly have an edge in this game? I wish I had a seat behind the Rangers bench. I would be tossed quickly from the premise's but not before giving a nice beer shower to Torts and Avery. That bastard should get tossed out of the league. Funny thing is, Tortorella didnt want him. So what does that tell you? He is the head coach but a puppet. Rangers lose this game big in my book. As for the New Jersey/Carolina game, I wouldn;t be surprised if it was either 0-0 or 1-1 and goes to 3 OTs. Two great goalies and two good defensive teams. A coin flip. The winner will be very tired and it will be tough to beat Boston. Wish I could stay up for the San Jose game tonight. I hope the Sharks win. Love to watch game 7s. Hate the Ducks.

Have to respectfully disagree about us not being able to handle Chicago. The Canucks are much more than just Luongo. This is not the same team from a couple of season's ago and not the same team that played Buffalo earlier in the season. That is why I have picked them to go all the way.Like I said in an earlier post, Kessler, Burrows and Beiska will be household names by the time this playoff season is over. We can win no matter what type of game anyone wishes to play against us. We're tough too so Chicago's antics will not be a problem. I'm telling ya man, go place a bet on the Canucks :beer:

Well, its not a given that they will play Chicago next right? Doesnt it depend on what happens in the Sharks series? Not sure. Based on what I've seen, and Im not saying Vancouver isnt good, but Chicago seems to have lady luck on their side. Kane is a great young player. I say Chicago wins. But they both lose to Detroit anyway. But either will put up a fight. Just dont know if any can beat Detroit? Cant count the Sharks out yet either. Or the Ducks I guess. Ill take them one at a time and Ill be happy to see the Rangers lose.

If San Jose wins their series then we will play Detroit. I would rather play them in the conference finals but it will be a great series either way. I'm not picking an easy series with either Detroit or Chicago. What I am saying is that we can beat both of them.

Ally. I want Vancouver. But do you really want me cheering for your team? Im 0-6 in Stanley Cup finals and Super Bowls.. I have a few series under my belt, got to go back 27 yrs for that. Ripken's rookie season. Better days are near for all three of my teams, but for now, go Canucks. :D Maybe you will make it to game 7 OT of the finals and the opposing team will kick the puck into the net. "Wide right" of Luongo's glove. In case you dont know, those two words "wide right" will ring eternal in Buffalo until somebody can erase that one. Maybe TO and Edwards!!!! I will say one thing, we will be heard from in both sports next fall. You can count on it. I dont know if Id rather play a rested, fat and happy Detroit team or this young upcoming Chicago team? Just dont know. Go Canucks. Go Caps.

I remember Scott Norwood well Yukon. Won a few dollars on that game :D

Wanna Be, I hope the Red Wings think Luongo's all we've got. I suspect that they know better though. Not dissing the Red Wings or the Hawks but I think both the Canucks and Ducks are going to be a handful for either team. I fear the Ducks more than anyone

I'm not saying either the Canucks or the Ducks will be pushovers. My point is simply that we just have too much depth methinks, for any team to handle. Every line has at least one player that could potentially start on the first line of most other NHL teams.

Oh, and just throwing this out there: Datsyuk should win the Hart. No his numbers aren't as high as those of Malkin or Ovechkin but he has the highest goal per minute played average by far. Plus, he's an awesome defender and is always a Selke candidate. Despite all this, he has other factors going against him than just his stats. I think Steve mason said it best: The problem with making a Hart trophy case for Datysuk is that he may not even be the most important player on the team with the likes of Hossa, Zetterberg, and Lidstrom always going strong. Still, I think he deserves far more credit than he's received thus far. Most of the times I've heard sports analysts talk about "the best player in hockey" they generally say Datysuk because he's always an all-around guy

I'm not saying either the Canucks or the Ducks will be pushovers. My point is simply that we just have too much depth methinks, for any team to handle. Every line has at least one player that could potentially start on the first line of most other NHL teams.

Oh, and just throwing this out there: Datsyuk should win the Hart. No his numbers aren't as high as those of Malkin or Ovechkin but he has the highest goal per minute played average by far. Plus, he's an awesome defender and is always a Selke candidate. Despite all this, he has other factors going against him than just his stats. I think Steve mason said it best: The problem with making a Hart trophy case for Datysuk is that he may not even be the most important player on the team with the likes of Hossa, Zetterberg, and Lidstrom always going strong. Still, I think he deserves far more credit than he's received thus far. Most of the times I've heard sports analysts talk about "the best player in hockey" they generally say Datysuk because he's always an all-around guy

He is a great one. I hope you guy's do beat the Ducks. I'm not a big fan of their style and with Cory Perry due to be suspended, they will be missing an important offensive player. His cheap head shot on Cheechoo should land him at least 3 games in the stands

There was a point in the season that the Ducks couldn't beat anyone. I dont know what happened to San Jose but I suspect Detroit will have little trouble with them. the only thing is, in hockey, you not only have to be good, but lucky. Sometimes the better team doesnt win. Bad bounces, hot goalies, and such. As you well know. Chicago is sure surpising me. I wouldnt count them out either. You better watch out for them. I sure hope the Rangers get whacked tonight. Surely they should. From an emotional standpoint the Caps have a huge advantage. Ther Rangers have let it slip away more or less. And they will be walkiing into a snake pit.

Nobody in Canuckelville will be underestimating Chicago. It will be a tough and even series. I think we match up better against them than Calgary did mainly because like Chicago, we have great team speed and a hot goaltender. This series will be an entertaining one to watch.

I hope the Wings beat the Ducks but I suspect it will be a nasty series. You know Anaheim will be trying to play it rough and I suppose from a Canucks point of view, we should be hoping that it turns out to be a long , hard affair. The hockey guy in me though say's I hope the Wings come out of that series healthy as I want to beat them fair and square :D

I am really surprised that Calgary got beat at home. I cant wait to see what a raucous atmosphere it will be in Washington tonight. I hope they whallop the Rangers good. Drury and Briere are going to get there's. They should have stayed in Buffalo. We will get to the finals before either of them do. I guarantee it. Go Caps!! As for the New Jersey and Carolina game, should be a tight fought 1-1 type of game I would think. The key to Carolna's success may be scoring first to avoid the famous New Jersey trap.

Calgary was a big disappointment. Lot's of fingers being pointed and rightly so. Chicago is a damn good team and I think if anything was proven with that series is that youth and speed are vastly underrated. Great goaltending is a given but to me, the Hawks just outworked the Flames and wanted it more. Calgary dropped off badly in the last part of the regular season and I think the answer for that is Keenan. I think the Flames veterans just had enough of Iron Mike. All credit to the Hawks though. No matter what happens from here on out, them and the Blues are going to be a real threat in the western conference for a few years to come.

I am really surprised that Calgary got beat at home. I cant wait to see what a raucous atmosphere it will be in Washington tonight. I hope they whallop the Rangers good. Drury and Briere are going to get there's. They should have stayed in Buffalo. We will get to the finals before either of them do. I guarantee it. Go Caps!! As for the New Jersey and Carolina game, should be a tight fought 1-1 type of game I would think. The key to Carolna's success may be scoring first to avoid the famous New Jersey trap.

Calgary was a big disappointment. Lot's of fingers being pointed and rightly so. Chicago is a damn good team and I think if anything was proven with that series is that youth and speed are vastly underrated. Great goaltending is a given but to me, the Hawks just outworked the Flames and wanted it more. Calgary dropped off badly in the last part of the regular season and I think the answer for that is Keenan. I think the Flames veterans just had enough of Iron Mike. All credit to the Hawks though. No matter what happens from here on out, them and the Blues are going to be a real threat in the western conference for a few years to come.

Bye Rangers. I cant believe Versus. New Jersey and Carolina appear to be going to OT. And they cant show the game. Contract reasons.

Fuck that shit!

Eric Staal blazed one by Brodeur!!!!!! Woo fuckin Hoo!!!!!!

Congrats Rorer. Now its Boston. If I can have one guy on your team, its Ray Whitney. Love the kid.

Hard to believe Broduer would let a game slip away with a minute left. Perhaps he is getting old.

...perhaps... ;) but I doubt it.I'd have him in my goal any day of the week.

Great series though,eh?

Determination.

Fuck that shit!

Eric Staal blazed one by Brodeur!!!!!! Woo fuckin Hoo!!!!!!

I'll second those congrats Rorer ! Good luck against Boston

Yukon, it was that left handed shot from the opposite wind play again !!! A Messier special :D

I'll second those congrats Rorer ! Good luck against Boston

Yukon, it was that left handed shot from the opposite wind play again !!! A Messier special :D

Thanks ally!... You got that (left) right!I don't know if we'd be in there without those Canadians.

Thank you Canada :D Oh,we can't for get the Fins too...Joni to Jussi for the tie!!!

Go Canes!

Yes, But wish I could have gotten the games here. Got the damn Rangers but am happy to see them out. I love that kid Whitney. Wish the Sabres had him. Now you have to play your jinx team and they are rested. Will be interesting. We have played you both. Obviously we have had Boston's number. Your coach should call Lindy for a few tips. It will be a good series. Its tough to predict how Boston will be in the first game. Will they be rusty? Will Carolina be hung over from this series? Tough to say. Of course Pittsburgh is going to be a bitch to beat. Who do you like in that series Rorer and Ally? Wash or Pitt?

In the reg season I see Boston swept carolina. 4-2 twice and 5-1 twice. Very strange. Id call that your jinx team Rorer. Like Ottawa for us.

I think we're a different team than when we played Boston this year.I'm really anxious to get it on with them now.I respect that team with everything they have.You've got too.

As for the Pitt/Wash series.I'd like to see Pitt win.I dislike Ovechkin more than I dislike Sid the Kid.

Get it on!

Now you have to beat a team you havent beat all year. But I think Whitney is the best player on either team. the goaltending has to be considered a draw with the year Tim Thomas is having. You guys still didnt answer who you think will win between Pittsburgh and Washington?

I gotta go with the Pens in 7

I think pretty much every series is a toss up and I think at least a couple will go 7.

All of them could. It may well turn out to be survival of the fittest in the end

The two teams I dont want to see win for sure are Anaheim or Pittsburgh. Go Vancouver. Dont want to see Brian Campbell win either.

Well, thanks for that Yukon and I agree , I don't want Anaheim or Pittsburgh either.

One thing you should know is that I wouldn't tell you to bet on the Canucks just because I'm a fan. I don't bet that often and when I do, I go with my head, not my heart. See you in the winners circle :D

Archived