Foo Fighters performance at Grammy's

JethroTull

First of all moron, you started this by telling me to kiss your ass. And, yeah, I'm going to retaliate. Second, BLS was just forming, after I got out of high school. And probably wasn't something I would have listened to back then. I was into stoner music. But Ozzy, well yes...

I don't much care for Nirvana, and I never really did. Soundgarden and AIC were my bands in the 90's.

Trust me, Foo Fighters will always remind people that Grohl was in Nirvana. You wanna know why? Because the Foo Fighters fucking suck.

And I thought the mama joke was pretty funny.

What's with all the intensity? Good grief! You all sound like a bunch of Kindergarteners! Someone definitely forgot their chill poll this morning! Hello! Let's bring the ball back into the ball park, okay?

Can't we all get along. It's true, though, opinions are just that unless you have some cold, hard facts to back up what you say.

You cannot tell me what is amazing and what is not. Until you can show me a mathematical equation that defines greatness, beauty will always be in the eye of the beholder. You can say you don't like it, but you can't tell me it's not amazing like it's a fact.

I don't like Pearl Jam. I don't like Mars Volta. To me the most beautiful thing is hearing Stevie Ray Vaughan soar into a bad-ass solo, or hearing Billy Gibbons of ZZ Top lay into some tasty pinch harmonics. Or any of John Fogerty's songs. Or Led Zeppelin rocking out as a unit.

The lesson? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

Pearl Jam and The Mars Volta...I like them, I also like Stevie Ray Vaughan and obviously Led Zeppelin. I would not put The Foo Fighters on par with any of them, but as I said before, their music is enjoyable. I don't see what there is to fight about, you guys all like different music. Stop arguing, it's stupid.

It's rock and roll brosef. Go hate on Chuck Berry and AC/DC for doing the same thing.

And if you can listen to their new album and say that each song sounds alike, then I know you're crazy.

While Angus and co. write some similar riffs, AC/DC songs do not all sound the same. Shit, Bon Scott was a gifted lyricist.

Don't listen to much Chuck Berry, but what I have heard of him, he doesn't sound the same at all.

BTW, do you know that I earn more money in the computer industry than Dave Grohl earns in the computer industry. :)

Are you sure, I'm not saying you don't make alot, but he could have stock in Google. 50 cent just sold his share of vitamin water for 400 million dollars. Im pretty sure fiddy never sold a soda in his life, but he still in the sofdrink industry.

:blink::blink: It would have been FAR WORSE if a c*ck-s*cker PAR ECCELLENZA like say Jennifer Lopez (J-Lo, you blo**dy right-winger!!!) had won the Grammys!!!

Robert.

I personly would't mind a blowjay from a J-Lo or even a handy from a miss Underwood.

I, too, noticed a lot of complaining about the Foo Foghters and the Grammys. The real star that night was JPJ. I turned it off after that performance. Does anyone know if LZ got any recognition that night? That's why we're here, right? Because this is OUR band. I thought that was so wrong that LZ didn't get any recognition. At least what I saw, anyway.

Why should Led Zeppelin have received any recognition at the Grammys? I could understand it if they had released an album of new material within the past year but they didn't.

I have never seen a foo fighters show, but have a dvd of a concert. There are a few extended songs where they go into some really cool jams and changes of tempo. As a band i think they are really good. With the song lyrics, its maybe not as creative as -nirvana, but its catchy songs and done with passion. Lyrically the songs are much more positive than nirvana, in general. For those that say the songs are simple and repetitive, thats the appeal of the songs, thats how those songs work imo.

For rock music, which wasnt represented enough at the grammys imo, i appreciated the energy of that performance, although not one of their best songs.

While Angus and co. write some similar riffs, AC/DC songs do not all sound the same. Shit, Bon Scott was a gifted lyricist.

Don't listen to much Chuck Berry, but what I have heard of him, he doesn't sound the same at all.

Again, opinion, not fact. I love AC/DC, but they've been mining the same style for years.

Same with Chuck.

You want mixing it up by the Foo's? Listen to The Pretender, Statues, Stranger Things Have Happened, and Ballad Of The Beaconsfield Miners from their newest cd, and tell me that all of those songs sound exactly the same. If you can sit there and say they all sound the same while AC/DC's songs don't sound the same, then it'll confirm what I already know.

I like the Foos alright, not a huge fan, but I like a few of their songs. But my sister is a HUGE fan and is going to the show here in Detroit next week. She had an extra ticket and begged me to go, so I'm gonna go check 'em out. I'll give an impartial review after, I've heard they put on a great concert, so we'll see...

"I'm sick to death of people saying we've made 11 albums that sounds exactly the same. In fact, we've made 12 albums that sound exactly the same."

~ Angus Young

"We put out the same record every year with a different cover!"

~ Angus Young

"I'm sick to death of people saying we've made 11 albums that sounds exactly the same. In fact, we've made 12 albums that sound exactly the same."

~ Angus Young

"We put out the same record every year with a different cover!"

~ Angus Young

And that doesn't mean they don't rock. Love AC/DC. But I can admit that. For some reason though, I can't listen to them while driving. It makes the speedometer go over 100 for some reason.:D

Something to consider...John Paul Jones not only conducted the orchestra at the Grammys, but has collaborated on Foo Fighters albums. If the great John Paul Jones thinks they're worthy, doesn't that count for something? Would he collaborate with them if they "sucked"?

Something to consider...John Paul Jones not only conducted the orchestra at the Grammys, but has collaborated on Foo Fighters albums. If the great John Paul Jones thinks they're worthy, doesn't that count for something? Would he collaborate with them if they "sucked"?

His opinion is no better than anyone else's. Music is still and always will be subjective.

By your same proposal, would that mean 'one' would always agree with the music choices of an admired musician ?

I think not.

Subjective opinion, yes, but it carries a bit more weight in my mind. Just like if Steven Spielberg said to me "hey, check out some short films from Joe Schmoe, he's a great director", I think that'd carry more weight with me than if my neighbor said the same.

But what if the movie that Speilberg recomended sucked, or was just the same 2 or 3 things over an over, like the Foo Fighters music is? At that point he would carry less weight.

If JPJ says the Foo Fighters are great then that would just make me question his taste in music.

Actually, AC/DC's songs DO seem to be all the same....like Status Quo in a weird way, BUT each single song is majestically performed esp LIVE....the best way to enjoy the aussie lads!! :) :)......as my g-friend says: "Angus plays the songs DIFFERENTLY at each live show"!!

Rob

Archived