Foo Fighters performance at Grammy's

JethroTull

I watched about 20 minutes last night and happened to catch the Foo Foo's performance. I found it a bit weak. There is nothing about his "singing" voice that is interesting and musically it was a generic sounding modern day rock song. The orchestration was overblown and (almost) pointless. Why are they so popular?

I can't understand the whole attraction of the Grammy's...besides the generally boring performances....I walked thru the living room last night as Tina Turner was performing....what a fucking bore ! She's old news anyway !

I'm in the boat with you...I don't see the FF's appeal. Nirvana blows them away...Grohl shoulda stayed on the traps...

I watched about 20 minutes last night and happened to catch the Foo Foo's performance. I found it a bit weak. There is nothing about his "singing" voice that is interesting and musically it was a generic sounding modern day rock song. The orchestration was overblown and (almost) pointless. Why are they so popular?

The song they played is not one of their better songs anyway.

See them live to see what they are about.

The 2008 Edition of the Grammys.... with all that Wonderfual Entertainemnt of the Highest Calibur --- Well, they were the 3rd LEAST WATCHED GRAMMYS -- EVER.... B)

I did not watch one moment of the grammy's last night. I watch Val Kilmer in his wonderful performance in the crime drama "Wonderland", instead.

But.... I have watched several You Tube Videos of the Foo Fighters in concert, and I certainly think they are way overblown. Their fans have such a thing for them, and really, that's OK... But I do not see any redeeming value in what they present. In other words...It's Much Ado About -- Nothing!!

I think the fans just "choose" to be excited over what the Foo Fighters do, as a choice.

You know...."This is "our" band to obscess over, and let's everyone get busy and get with it !! Yeah !!"

Kind of like a contrived excitement. AS if... "I was already dead set on jumping up and down for a few hours".... and it should sure well be at the Foo Fighters get together..

Screw you all. The Foo's are amazing. And I don't even like much modern music. You just hating because they're bigger than you'll ever be.

Well you really came up with a great arguement, so I've changed my mind. The Foo Foo's are a kick ass band. BTW, do you know that I earn more money in the computer industry than Dave Grohl earns in the computer industry. :)

Screw you all. The Foo's are amazing. And I don't even like much modern music. You just hating because they're bigger than you'll ever be.

You hit the nail right on the head.

I just hating cause I don like em.

Seriously? You think the Foo Fighters are amazing? Foo Fighters? Ha. James Gang were an amazing band. Foo Fighters?

^^^The Foo's are kinda halfway between Nickelback and a really great rock band. Most of their songs have the same sound and arrangements, but they are usually pretty solid aside from being very repetitive with their music.

I was gonna catch it if JPJ played bass. But, since it was hyped that he was PLAYING with Ff, I was sorta let down to find out he was only arranging some sorta children's orchestra.

I'm a fan of The Foo Fighters, looking forward to seeing them this March, while they definitely aren't my favourite band I enjoy their songs. Of course I'm looking *more* forward to seeing Radiohead when they come to Toronto and of course Pearl Jam at Bonnaroo.

well in my opion which is wrong about 50% of the time. I believe that there are 1200 older stuffy extremley wealthy people who decide what is done there . They throw in a amy winehouse to make people think its legit but think about it they shunned Zep for a lot of years so i shun them.I know i am kind of vengeful .But it was on one of my tv s last night as my daughter was over and she watched it.

she likes amy. Anyway i did see John Fogerty with Jerry Lee Lewis,Little Richard which to me was the highlight first time i have seen it in years. doubtful i will not see it again for another 25 years are so.

foo fighters are not on my list of great bands :angry: grammys suck

Well you really came up with a great arguement, so I've changed my mind. The Foo Foo's are a kick ass band. BTW, do you know that I earn more money in the computer industry than Dave Grohl earns in the computer industry. :)

You can hate all you want most other modern music, but they're at least doing something worthwhile that is worth some merit. And again, outside of Black Stone Cherry and sometimes the Chili Peppers, I do not like modern music.

You hit the nail right on the head.

I just hating cause I don like em.

Seriously? You think the Foo Fighters are amazing? Foo Fighters? Ha. James Gang were an amazing band. Foo Fighters?

Yes, in today's music world, they are amazing. Much better and way above the fray of everything else mainstream.

And if you don't like it, you can kiss my ass.

Yes, in today's music world, they are amazing. Much better and way above the fray of everything else mainstream.

And if you don't like it, you can kiss my ass.

Kiss your ass? For what, because you enjoy listening to shitty music? Music that repeats itself over and over again. Right? Like you deserve someone kissing your ass.

Foo Fighters fucking suck. And you fucking suck, for listening to such shitty, bland music. What else is on your shuffle list? Is that Nickleback I hear?

The Grammy is a group of musicians jerking each other off 3 and half hours. This year it was worse, with a piece of shit like winehouse and the cock sucking for the Beatles. The foo fighters are good, but i never even got close to really liking them.

:blink::blink: It would have been FAR WORSE if a c*ck-s*cker PAR ECCELLENZA like say Jennifer Lopez (J-Lo, you blo**dy right-winger!!!) had won the Grammys!!!

Robert.

Archived