ROBERT PLANT To Tour With ALISON KRAUSS In Early 2008

LED ZEPPELIN frontman Robert Plant has told Rolling Stone magazine that he plans to hit the road in early 2008 with bluegrass star Alison Krauss to promote the pair's collaborative CD, "Raising Sand". A disc of tender, mostly acoustic duets, "Raising Sand" — which was produced by T Bone Burnett — debuted at No. 2 n The Billboard 200 chart in late October, becoming an expected hit.

"Raising Sand" includes versions of the EVERLY BROTHERS' "Gone, Gone, Gone (Done Moved On)", TOM WAITS and KATHLEEN BRENNAN's "Trampled Rose" and "Please Read the Letter", first released on the 1998 PLANT/JIMMY PAGE album "Walking Into Clarksdale".

According to Billboard.com, Plant and Krauss first performed together in 2004 at a Leadbelly tribute at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland, but it took several years before they found time to team up in the studio with Burnett in Nashville and Los Angeles.

Tennessean.com reported that Plant and Krauss taped an episode of "CMT Crossroads" in October at The Mill at Lebanon in Tennessee that will air at a later date.

Great news!, guess this puts the whole Zeppelin tour in the dark then

Guess so....however note that the article said "early" 2008......the speculative sort will say that it means zep tour may happen in latter 2008. B)

Thanks for the info Pagemeister-I'm going to keep my eyes open for tour dates in my area....I'll probably catch a show or two or perhaps three! :D

Guess so....however note that the article said "early" 2008......the speculative sort will say that it means zep tour may happen in latter 2008. B)

Yeah, the Zep tour would probably happen later in the year. At any rate, this is great news as I want to see Robert with Allison not just because it's Robert, but I want to hear those songs performed live. The duets album was great.

LED ZEPPELIN frontman Robert Plant has told Rolling Stone magazine that he plans to hit the road in early 2008 with bluegrass star Alison Krauss to promote the pair's collaborative CD, "Raising Sand". A disc of tender, mostly acoustic duets, "Raising Sand" — which was produced by T Bone Burnett — debuted at No. 2 n The Billboard 200 chart in late October, becoming an expected hit.

"Raising Sand" includes versions of the EVERLY BROTHERS' "Gone, Gone, Gone (Done Moved On)", TOM WAITS and KATHLEEN BRENNAN's "Trampled Rose" and "Please Read the Letter", first released on the 1998 PLANT/JIMMY PAGE album "Walking Into Clarksdale".

According to Billboard.com, Plant and Krauss first performed together in 2004 at a Leadbelly tribute at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland, but it took several years before they found time to team up in the studio with Burnett in Nashville and Los Angeles.

Tennessean.com reported that Plant and Krauss taped an episode of "CMT Crossroads" in October at The Mill at Lebanon in Tennessee that will air at a later date.

Two sets of fans there, ive heard Krauss fans are a real redneck lot. But then again so are RP fans!

I've been to two Allison Krauss shows. I wouldn't call her fans "rednecks" although both shows I went to were in NYC, so perhaps it would be different if you saw her in Nashville. But her fans, and bluegrass fans in general, are different. They are very quiet during the song, and generally hold their applause for the end of the song. Which frankly is great when you're at that kind of show because it's generally acoustic in nature and you really want to hear what the musicians are doing.

I think it will be a great mix, but I have a feeling Allison will be encountering a totally foreign fanbase for her. Be nice everyone!

I've been to two Allison Krauss shows. I wouldn't call her fans "rednecks" although both shows I went to were in NYC, so perhaps it would be different if you saw her in Nashville. But her fans, and bluegrass fans in general, are different. They are very quiet during the song, and generally hold their applause for the end of the song. Which frankly is great when you're at that kind of show because it's generally acoustic in nature and you really want to hear what the musicians are doing.

I think it will be a great mix, but I have a feeling Allison will be encountering a totally foreign fanbase for her. Be nice everyone!

Yeah no kidding.

Question though... what kind of venue does Alison usually play?

I personally would love to see them do small Theaters

Yeah no kidding.

Question though... what kind of venue does Alison usually play?

I personally would love to see them do small Theaters

MONDAY,

JANUARY 27, 2003 GRAND OLE OPRY

STUDIO A

NITTY GRITTY DIRT BAND TAPING

NASHVILLE, TN

WILL THE CIRCLE BE UNBROKEN: FARTHER ALONG

“PBS SPECIAL”

CHECK FOR LOCAL LISTINGS TO BE AIRED IN YOUR AREA

PART OF THE INCREDIBLE LINE UP: JEFF HANNA, JOHN McEUEN, JIMMY IBBOTSON, JIMMIE FADDEN AND BOB CARPENTER OF THE NITTY GRITTY DIRT BAND WERE JOINED BY: VINCE GILL, ROSANNE CASH, IRIS DEMENT, EARL SCRUGGS, RANDY SCRUGGS, TAJ MAHAL, VASSAR CLEMENTS, DEL McCOURY BAND, ALISON KRAUSS, JIMMY MARTIN, HOOT HESTER, BYRON HOUSE, JOHN HIATT, JAMIE HANNA, JONATHAN McEUEN AND MATRACA BERG

www.vassarclements.com/tourdates_2003

Geeeezuz slow DOWN. Look who you're dealing with here. When has Robert Plant ever toured as a DUO.

NEVER.

He will be touring with ZEPPELIN.

'oh but he says it's a one-off'

Robert Plant is a master of DENIAL.

He always yanks Jimmy and the public around....BUT have you noticed anything?

Did he tour with Jimmy to support the MTV unplugged material?

YES!

Did he tour with Jimmy to support Clarksdale?

YES!

Will he tour to support this unprecedented release of CD's and DVD's?

YES!

If anything he will have Kraus show up at a few gigs and do Battle of Evermore duet with him.

Or he will show up at HER gigs....there is NO Plant Kraus tour....geeeeeeezez.

There will be a Plant/Krauss tour. You can look and see the dates are TBA, so there in the process. I'm doubting a Zeppelin. As much as I'd like it, I doubt it.

Agreed, no doubt he will tour with A/K.

I don't think Zeppelin will tour per say, but maybe a few dates here and there? I think if things go really well at the 02 it's a strong possible.

Geeeezuz slow DOWN. Look who you're dealing with here. When has Robert Plant ever toured as a DUO.

NEVER.

He will be touring with ZEPPELIN.

'oh but he says it's a one-off'

Robert Plant is a master of DENIAL.

He always yanks Jimmy and the public around....BUT have you noticed anything?

Did he tour with Jimmy to support the MTV unplugged material?

YES!

Did he tour with Jimmy to support Clarksdale?

YES!

Will he tour to support this unprecedented release of CD's and DVD's?

YES!

If anything he will have Kraus show up at a few gigs and do Battle of Evermore duet with him.

Or he will show up at HER gigs....there is NO Plant Kraus tour....geeeeeeezez.

Did he say either of these projects were one-offs?

NO!

Of course he's going to tour with Alison, get real. It's been in the works for months and he's really enthusiastic about it.

And so am I!! :cheer::cheer:

That would be fun. I wonder if they'll have one at a centrel location. Then we could stay at a hotel for a "reunion" like thing. I'm going to have a very busy summer, so hopefully I can plan this in. I'm going to one no matter what I just hope it doesn't interfere.

Edited to add: Did Bonnie ever finalize anything?

Yeah, the Zep tour would probably happen later in the year. At any rate, this is great news as I want to see Robert with Allison not just because it's Robert, but I want to hear those songs performed live. The duets album was great.

I hope you know I was kidding about the zep tour happening later in the year. I think the speculation theorist would read into the fact that the krause/plant tour was happening earlier in the year and you know what that means....:lol:

:lol:

So where do you think they'll tour? I have no idea.

UK, USA, perhaps Europe? Probably not my neck of the woods though :P

It depends. What country/city do you live in? They may play a show relatively close to where you live and if you are able, road trips are fun. :)

I actually agree with Jim67230. I had the same feeling about her doing "The Battle Of Evermore". That has been my guess how some things would unfold with her appearing at some Zep gigs. You ready for STADIUMS Ms. Krauss? Interesting how I thought that would be one significant song ("The Battle Of Evermore") of her performing with the guys. With that said I would imagine there would be some slight touring here and there after they do a new c.d. together...that is Plant/Krauss and AFTER Zep releasing and tour behind a new c.d. or two.

I actually agree with Jim67230. I had the same feeling about her doing "The Battle Of Evermore". That has been my guess how some things would unfold with her appearing at some Zep gigs. You ready for STADIUMS Ms. Krauss? Interesting how I thought that would be one significant song ("The Battle Of Evermore") of her performing with the guys. With that said I would imagine there would be some slight touring here and there after they do a new c.d. together...that is Plant/Krauss and AFTER Zep releasing and tour behind a new c.d. or two.

I can actually see her and Robert performing that song on their tour. :)

Archived