What are you watching on TV now?

roblindblad

22 hours ago, Stryder1978 said:

"Your Honor"...Brian Cranston.....enough said!

Good show even though the premise was a bit absurd. Love Bryan Cranston and his delivery in this show is downright eerie, but not in the obvious way. His justifications and machinations are understandable and scary.

28 minutes ago, BobDobbs said:

Good show even though the premise was a bit absurd. Love Bryan Cranston and his delivery in this show is downright eerie, but not in the obvious way. His justifications and machinations are understandable and scary.

It actually reminds me of "Breaking Bad".  Guy wants to do the right thing (protect his son), but ends up breaking the law along the way and getting in trouble with criminal elements.

On 3/8/2022 at 9:04 AM, Stryder1978 said:

"BIllions" - really like Season One so far...GREAT cast!

Billions is a wonderful show, great story lines and great acting. Another show that has no real clear "good guys" but you still root for the bad guy of your choice because they are so damn good at being bad. Wendy is my favorite as the queen of cognitive dissonance and of course Wags, good old Wags. David Costabile chews every scene he is in, throwing everyone in the background by his presence alone.

I am watching "Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives" on the Food Network. This episode is in Key West, Florida. Garbo's Grill, Bad Boy Burrito, DJ's Clam Shack will be on my places to hit on my next visit to Key West.

On 3/11/2022 at 8:32 PM, Strider said:

I am watching "Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives" on the Food Network. This episode is in Key West, Florida. Garbo's Grill, Bad Boy Burrito, DJ's Clam Shack will be on my places to hit on my next visit to Key West.

The older I get, the greater the appreciation I have for cooking shows, especially the "road" style shows like this. There are a few bar themed shows which follow the same premise...some dude visiting random famous bars etc. Funny thing is I have become a bit of the happy host as my cocktail mixing skills have gone next level via Anders Erikson's You Tube channel. Have the crew over for my drink de jour and if I step on me dick in the mixing, well, that's what Koenigsbier's for 🙂 

I have begun a deep dive into "Adam 12" starting from the very first episode, directed by series co-creator Jack Webb. Strange...I remembered the show as being an hour long but each episode is only 30 minutes. Starring Martin Milner ("Route 66") and Tom Brady...no wait...that's Kent McCord.

472b288b9929c97f26f2dfaf4a7a2aa7.jpg.c16ca25a7ff287e44306376fb8217ed7.jpg

Edited by Strider

19 minutes ago, Strider said:

I have begun a deep dive into "Adam 12" starting from the very first episode, directed by series co-creator Jack Webb. Strange...I remembered the show as being an hour long but each episode is only 30 minutes. Starring Martin Milner ("Route 66") and Tom Brady...no wait...that's Kent McCord.

That's because time is perceived as running slower when young. After you're done with that will you be on to Emergency! Loved that show as well.

43 minutes ago, Strider said:

The Jodi Foster episode is the best.

6 hours ago, Bong-Man said:

The Jodi Foster episode is the best.

I loved Jodi Foster back in the day, huge crush. When she came out as a connoisseur of carpet I was heartbroken, not that I had a chance if she favored the old jolly roger. Honestly, how does one court a lass who's wannabe boyfriend tried to rub out the Pres. for you? That's a pretty high bar to traverse right there unless you try and whack the Pope. Boy, I bet if some joker actually tried to kill the Pope for Jodi Foster the poor woman would think she was cursed by Juno herself.

On 3/17/2022 at 2:59 PM, BobDobbs said:

After you're done with that will you be on to Emergency! Loved that show as well.

Randolph Mantooth! "Emergency!" was another Jack Webb creation. Jack Webb loved the rank-and-file cops, firemen, and the EMS.

47 minutes ago, paul carruthers said:

This is the only episode of the show Route 66 I've ever watched--needless to say, it's because of the Big Three co-stars...

You should watch more, dude. Cool guest stars galore.

Continuing to watch "Billions".  The story line is getting a bit off track, but with a show with more twists than a Gran Prix race track and a soundtrack that includes songs from Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Rainbow, UFO, Metallica...ya gotta love it.

3 hours ago, Stryder1978 said:

Continuing to watch "Billions".  The story line is getting a bit off track, but with a show with more twists than a Gran Prix race track and a soundtrack that includes songs from Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Rainbow, UFO, Metallica...ya gotta love it.

It's a great show, one of my favorites. Sometimes they get a bit in the weeds with the plot but I give them latitude simply because the acting is so goddamned good. Not a crappy character in the lot. Two of my favorite side characters are the Indian trader & Ben Kim (they are usually on screen together). These are two super nice guys who would toss their mothers into a meat grinder if it would benefit them. Two complete sociopaths in regard to their corporate dealings but on the surface, two harmless, amiable chappies.

8 minutes ago, BobDobbs said:

It's a great show, one of my favorites. Sometimes they get a bit in the weeds with the plot but I give them latitude simply because the acting is so goddamned good. Not a crappy character in the lot. Two of my favorite side characters are the Indian trader & Ben Kim (they are usually on screen together). These are two super nice guys who would toss their mothers into a meat grinder if it would benefit them. Two complete sociopaths in regard to their corporate dealings but on the surface, two harmless, amiable chappies.

Totally agree.  If I hadn't seen that Damien Lewis was in it, I wouldn't have even given it a shot.  I'm only on season 5, but I'm still waiting for Wags (my fave) to get even with the guys that tricked him into attending that high class fraternity  when he wasn't actually invited.

5 hours ago, Stryder1978 said:

Totally agree.  If I hadn't seen that Damien Lewis was in it, I wouldn't have even given it a shot.  I'm only on season 5, but I'm still waiting for Wags (my fave) to get even with the guys that tricked him into attending that high class fraternity  when he wasn't actually invited.

Not gonna spoil it for ya but you know Wag's and you know it's gonna be good 🙂 

I was right to worry about "Billions"....

After 5 seasons, the star of the show (Damien Lewis) left and the show has been absolute shit starting with Season 6, Episode 1.  Lewis was the sun that the other actors, the plot and the intrigue navigated around.

Even worse, the storylines have gone completely "Hollyweird woke".  For example, Axe's old company (now taken over by Prince), has decided to only go with environmentally friendly, sustainable and ethical clients.  So, an ex-football player who started an exercise program and wants to go public refuses to join the firm because the firm manages the retirement pension for the NYPD. The ex-football player's comment was that he  wouldn't participate with a firm that agrees with "State sanctioned killers"!     

And to round it all up. instead of music from Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Rusha nd Rainbow, Season 6 gives us music by Duran Duran, The Police (how ironic), Bob Seeger.....

"Billions" is dead to me...killed by cultural wokeness. 

I recommend watching Seasons 1-5...THEN STOP! 

Edited by Stryder1978

10 hours ago, Stryder1978 said:

I was right to worry about "Billions"....

After 5 seasons, the star of the show (Damien Lewis) left and the show has been absolute shit starting with Season 6, Episode 1.  Lewis was the sun that the other actors, the plot and the intrigue navigated around.

Even worse, the storylines have gone completely "Hollyweird woke".  For example, Axe's old company (now taken over by Prince), has decided to only go with environmentally friendly, sustainable and ethical clients.  So, an ex-football player who started an exercise program and wants to go public refuses to join the firm because the firm manages the retirement pension for the NYPD. The ex-football player's comment was that he  wouldn't participate with a firm that agrees with "State sanctioned killers"!     

And to round it all up. instead of music from Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Rusha nd Rainbow, Season 6 gives us music by Duran Duran, The Police (how ironic), Bob Seeger.....

"Billions" is dead to me...killed by cultural wokeness. 

I recommend watching Seasons 1-5...THEN STOP! 

NOOOOOOOOO!!! Don't let the first couple of episodes fool you, it's a big setup. Starting with episode 3 it gets good again and arguably, better than the prior seasons. 

I think the overarching point of season 6 is that even someone who considers themselves to be an "ethical" billionaire is still a billionaire above all else and the drive to become a billionaire trumps everything. The plotlines, the sub plots, the actions are all top notch but I agree, I was about to turn it off when I thought, meh, I will watch episode 3 and if it still sucks I'm out.

Trust me, the wokeness is gone after ep#2 and it appears it was used as a deliberate plot point.

I really like Damien Lewis as an actor and was disappointed he left but the slow momentum which starts with Prince has him in full Lord of the Realm mode by ep#3. The really neat aspect is Prince is always controlled and open to new ideas which is a 180 from Damien Lewis character. Prince sees himself as a savior, a Cincinnatus for New York when in reality he is just another petty dictator in a line of petty dictators.

Edited by BobDobbs