What are you watching on TV now?

roblindblad

12 hours ago, Stryder1978 said:

Similar thing happened in the band I was in.  Drummer married his high school sweetheart, rented a house, and we started practicing there.  First couple months were great - wifee made herself scarce for three hours or so while we practiced.  Then she started staying home during our practices.  Then she started adding her own comments about songs and musical direction.  Then she picked up a tambourine.  Finally, when the drummer said we should start adding Top 40 female songs to the repertoire  - that was the end.  

Ha, that's hilarious. Shitty but yet hilarious. Most of us "musos" have been there, it seems to always be a part of the game in one fashion or another.

Ps. Did she do Abba tunes?

8 hours ago, BobDobbs said:

Ha, that's hilarious. Shitty but yet hilarious. Most of us "musos" have been there, it seems to always be a part of the game in one fashion or another.

Ps. Did she do Abba tunes?

Given the fact that we were mostly a Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath and Judas Priest-type band, our drummer thought adding some Pat Benatar would work (even though his wifee couldn't sing for shit!) 

1 hour ago, Stryder1978 said:

Given the fact that we were mostly a Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath and Judas Priest-type band, our drummer thought adding some Pat Benatar would work (even though his wifee couldn't sing for shit!) 

Man I love PB, talk about a great set of pipes and Neal is no slouch on the guitar. However it would come across as silly if the singer could not sing Pat Benatar songs very well.

Case in point, I am a decent guitar player and a decent singer (for the club scene that is) but I cannot do both at the same time, just can't. A person should know their limitations. 

29 minutes ago, BobDobbs said:

Man I love PB, talk about a great set of pipes and Neal is no slouch on the guitar. However it would come across as silly if the singer could not sing Pat Benatar songs very well.

Case in point, I am a decent guitar player and a decent singer (for the club scene that is) but I cannot do both at the same time, just can't. A person should know their limitations. 

AHHHH...something we have in common.  Singing while playing, I think it sounds like I'm singing slightly off pitch, but when just singing and leave the playing to someone else, I'm pitch perfect.

Pat and Neal (agreed...GREAT guitarist) played an outdoor gig here in town back in 2014.  They were great, and Neal told a story of how he came up with the riff for Rick Springfield's "Jessie's Girl" - and then played the song for the crowd.

This is random.  Saw an episode of "Dragnet" this morning before going to work.  In an episode called "Public Affairs", it features a TV panel discussing whether police are needed or not. One of the panelists that took the hippie, anti-establishment stance was none other than Dr. Johnny Fever from "WKRP in Cincinnati".  Instead of his Howard Hessman moniker, he was billed as Don Sturdy!

5 hours ago, Stryder1978 said:

This is random.  Saw an episode of "Dragnet" this morning before going to work.  In an episode called "Public Affairs", it features a TV panel discussing whether police are needed or not. One of the panelists that took the hippie, anti-establishment stance was none other than Dr. Johnny Fever from "WKRP in Cincinnati".  Instead of his Howard Hessman moniker, he was billed as Don Sturdy!

"You try the library, boy. You'll discover the place is full of 'magical cubes' there ... they call em books." 

WKRP was one of my favorite shows as a kid, nice to see this hidden gem.

Binged a couple shows over the Christmas holidays.  Was looking forward to "Dexter - New Blood" as I LOVED the original Dexter series (except the ending).  Very disappointing so far...very predictable, annoying woke casting and they are destroying the characteristics of Dexter that made him so intriguing in the original series.

Worse is "Wheels of Time".  I've been waiting for a replacement for "Game of Thrones" and book readers had me convinced that this could be it!  It's not.  VERY boring and horrible casting has made this my biggest disappointment of the year.

I'm back to re-binging "Ray Donavon"........      

I watch mostly YouTube since I started streaming a while back.  Its more of a pain in the ass to switch channels streaming than on DirectTv (satellite) or cable.  But its cheaper.  And if you are getting the same thing, its aa no brainer to stream.  The big bad former Time Warner, now Spectrum hates it.  They get their monthly fee for Wi Fi.  Here they have a f%#king monopoly on it. There is another company that is taking forever to come out in my area to give them a run for their money.  You must have the wi fi for a connection to stream of course.  They charge about $80 a month.  Rip  off. If I used DSL phone connection its cheaper but its shit. Does not work as well and you  will lose the connection on your computer so often its not worth it.  This is where I am in upstate NY.  Now I know Comcast is big in some parts of the US.  They are pretty much like Spectrum.  So YouTube as you know has everything you can imagine. Its free.  But their TV package is very good. i had it but just went back to FUBOTV again for sports reasons.  They are out of Australia.  So the support is a pain, but I never call them.  They are pretty reliable.

Don't Look Up was a lot of fun. Cate Blanchett steals every scene she's in lol. Finished Hawkeye recently and loved it. I read thousands of comics as a kid tho so that was a part of it.. The finale with all the trick arrows was a blast, no pun intended.

Finished watching "Ray Donovan" this weekend....what a waste.  Season 7 Episode 4 was so woke I actually "vurped" in my mouth while watching it.  And the season/series finale in Ep 10 resolved NOTHING!  Does anyone know how to close out a show anymore?  I know they've made a  movie to supposedly wrap thing up but SHEEEZE!  

1 hour ago, Stryder1978 said:

Finished watching "Ray Donovan" this weekend....what a waste.  Season 7 Episode 4 was so woke I actually "vurped" in my mouth while watching it.  And the season/series finale in Ep 10 resolved NOTHING!  Does anyone know how to close out a show anymore?  I know they've made a  movie to supposedly wrap thing up but SHEEEZE!  

I stopped watching after season 5 though I should have stopped after season 4 as all the story lines had played out. Every season since the 5th has been a crapper rehash of prior seasons.

BTW, I know it's a show and fiction but come on already, anyone drinking like Ray does would be dead within a month. Shit, I think Nick Cage's character in Leaving Las Vegas drank less than Ray and he died at the end.