What are you watching on TV now?

roblindblad

20 hours ago, Strider said:

The whole thing is a farce. The judge, the prosecuting attorney, the crocodile tears of Kyle Rittenhouse....everyone is playing for the cameras. I expect the judge to get a call from Fox News any minute now offering him a gig.

He can tag-team with Jeanine Pirro so they both can spew their S&M themed version of legal maters to the rapidly decaying punters out there. All Ben-Gay, Metamucil, and compression sock wearing blue-hairs, screaming their war cry in unison, "what do you mean redlining is illegal!!!!"

Watching a Netfix show called Midnight Gospel. Rather bizarre but smoke a nug, sip a nice Rusty Nail and it becomes quite engaging. 

Edited by BobDobbs

2 hours ago, Strider said:

What are Luke & Laura up to now?

I thought I'd read that the couple reconciled and moved to "The Villages" in central Florida.
Babysitting their great-grandchillun' every other week. 

• 2 weeks later...

Since it does not appear Disney is going to show Peter Jackson's Beatles documentary "Get Back" in theaters, I started to watch it on my Disney + channel last night. I finished part one. George Harrison has walked out and left the band. Totally absorbing. I can't imagine ever seeing anything this intimate and real about Led Zeppelin.

Edited by Strider

1 hour ago, Strider said:

Since it does not appear Disney is going to show Peter Jackson's Beatles documentary "Get Back" in theaters, I started to watch it on my Disney + channel last night. I finished part one. George Harrison has walked out and left the band. Totally absorbing. I can't imagine ever seeing anything this intimate and real about Led Zeppelin making an album. 

It was so jarring in a way to see John talking about what the stage for this live performance was going to look like while Paul is just casually sitting at the piano playing Let It Be. Or watching Paul bang out the opening riff and lyrics to Get Back.

I kind of wish All Things Must Pass had made Abbey Road, because as gorgeous as George Harrison's version of it is, I'd love to hear what the full band could have done with it.

3 hours ago, Electrophile said:

It was so jarring in a way to see John talking about what the stage for this live performance was going to look like while Paul is just casually sitting at the piano playing Let It Be. Or watching Paul bang out the opening riff and lyrics to Get Back.

I kind of wish All Things Must Pass had made Abbey Road, because as gorgeous as George Harrison's version of it is, I'd love to hear what the full band could have done with it.

Absolutely. Paul is working out "Let It Be" and everyone in the studio is busy talking and chatting about other things, not taking any notice of Paul.

This History channel has been running a WWII program all day today. Man, talk about men and women who knew the meaning of sacrifice. That’s not to say that we didn’t make mistakes. But I was more than inspired and maybe a little bit afraid of our future. That generation was ready to face whatever was put in its way. To say that they were inspiring us an understatement. God bless all of those involved. 

One episode of "Schitt's Creek left to watch.  That only took 6 months. :'(    I could live a thousand years but I imagine I'd still be somewhat disgusted at watching two dudes in a full kiss embrace. 

I've got all of "Yellowstone" recorded for my next Winter watching binge, after the NFL is done of course.      

4 minutes ago, Bong-Man said:

One episode of "Schitt's Creek left to watch.  That only took 6 months. :'(    I could live a thousand years but I imagine I'd still be somewhat disgusted at watching two dudes in a full kiss embrace. 

I've got all of "Yellowstone" recorded for my next Winter watching binge, after the NFL is done of course.      

Schitt's Creek was a great show and they ended it well. Hope you enjoy the last episode.

We were binge watching Selling Sunset on Netflix over the weekend. Easy on the eyes and to nap to... ;) 

On 11/27/2021 at 4:38 PM, Strider said:

Absolutely. Paul is working out "Let It Be" and everyone in the studio is busy talking and chatting about other things, not taking any notice of Paul.

and finally shows how Yoko has been maliciously maligned all these years. Yes, she is a horrible singer. Yes, she performs insane performance art. But influence or break up the Beatles? HA! John & Paul did that all on their own. 

Ego's broke up the Beatles, plain and simple. Yoko just happened to be at the wrong place, wrong time. Hmmmm, I wonder why Linda McCartney was not maligned like Yoko was for the breakup of the Beatles? Hmmm, I wonder what was, "different" about Yoko vs. Linda? Hmmmmm???

On 11/27/2021 at 12:03 PM, Electrophile said:

That's one of my fav parts of the doc so far (halfway through it). Paul's under pressure, and it looks like he just kinda wills "Get Back" into existence. The other guys hear that he's got something - you can see it on their faces. They all start working on it ... fantastic editing by Peter Jackson putting that section (and the whole film for that matter) together, it feels magic. I had a huge smile on my face watching that part. Paul could very well have had some song parts of "Get Back" worked out before he started on it in the studio, but the way Peter put it together makes it feel so spontaneous. Reality ... or reality tv?? I'm sure Paul will clear it up soon enough lol. He's gonna get asked about that a lot, I predict.    

1 hour ago, BobDobbs said:

and finally shows how Yoko has been maliciously maligned all these years. Yes, she is a horrible singer. Yes, she performs insane performance art. But influence or break up the Beatles? HA! John & Paul did that all on their own. 

Ego's broke up the Beatles, plain and simple. Yoko just happened to be at the wrong place, wrong time. Hmmmm, I wonder why Linda McCartney was not maligned like Yoko was for the breakup of the Beatles? Hmmm, I wonder what was, "different" about Yoko vs. Linda? Hmmmmm???

I don't think it had anything to do with race, truly. Linda wasn't attached to Paul's hip the way Yoko was to John's, and you don't see Linda in much of the footage, whereas Yoko is sitting beside John just about the whole time. Which was her right, if the other three didn't have a problem with it. I think the issue is Yoko was the most visible interloper, if you will, and she made a convenient scapegoat. It could have easily been Maureen Starkey or Pattie Harrison or yes, Linda McCartney, but none of those three inserted themselves into the band the way Yoko Ono did. Paul later said in an interview with Howard Stern that the three of them had no problems with her, and that John was clearly in love with her, which they understood. She was the exact opposite of his first wife, and he was attracted to that.

The band was going to implode whether she was there or not. The four of them were moving in four different directions, and George Harrison in particular was tired of being ignored and shoved the side when he was just as good as songwriter and just as good a singer as either Paul or John. All Things Must Pass pretty much bears that out.