What are you watching on TV now?

roblindblad

Just finished the last season of "Peaky Blinders"  Loved the first three episodes, hated the next two and as for the finale.....didn't like it at first, but after thinking about it, it made sense and gave closure to the series.  As much as I enjoyed the series, I hate that they leave these shows open ended so they can do a sequel movie later.....

Binged season one of this Australian show "Mr. Inbetween" over the weekend. Goddamn...why hadn't anyone told me about this show before? I have not had this much fun watching a show in years. Scott Ryan is 'Ray Shoesmith', a hitman who tries to balance his work and family responsibilities. The show is set in the suburbs of Sydney, Australia. The Australian accent and lingo was not hard to follow for this American. The black-comedy and hitman milieu is kind of reminiscent of "Lilyhammer'. Scott Ryan is excellent as the creator, writer and star. Cannot wait to dive into seasons two and three. Highly recommended for fans of The Sopranos, Lilyhammer, and Barry.

MV5BNzA0MDk0NDE5N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwODk5MjAzNjM@._V1_.thumb.jpg.062276946da2ae02a99d104acdc422d8.jpg

It's Shark Week on the Discovery Channel and this promotional bit on CNN the other day had me laughing at the idiocy of humans.

Now, when I saw that doofus in the flimsy plastic cube my immediate reaction was Quint's reaction to Hooper bringing his anti-shark cage onto the boat in "Jaws".

You go inside the cage? The cage goes in the water...you go in the water. Shark's in the water. Our shark. Farewell and adieu...

Woodstock 99 Trainwreck.

Watched the 3 episodes last evening. I vaguely recall at the time there was issues, but what a disaster that was. Corporate rip off. No wonder people reacted the way they did. However, some of the behaviour was appalling and now 23 years on, some should be totally ashamed of what they did.

Of course it didn't help the line up and some members of the bands whipping the crowd into a frenzy and telling them to go "Motherfucker crazy". I mean Flea from The Chilli Peppers coming on bollock naked , other bands one finger salutes, basically encouraging anarchy. 

Of course the capitalists who organised the event were ultimately, and rightfully, accused of profiteering and selling out the "true" vibe if the original 69 Festival. Michael Lang  hadn't changed over the 40 years. Big headed, smirking individual who only cared about the bucks. He and the other wankers, denied that there was any trouble and everyone was having a great time ! 

A disaster and a complete disgrace

"Better Call Saul".  After tonight, only one more episode left to complete another one of the greatest television series of All-Time following its predecessor, the even greater "Breaking Bad".  

What will become of the fate of Jimmy McGill/Saul Goodman/Gene Tacovic?  Mllions of fans will find out next Monday night.  

8 hours ago, kingzoso said:

"Better Call Saul".  After tonight, only one more episode left to complete another one of the greatest television series of All-Time following its predecessor, the even greater "Breaking Bad".  

What will become of the fate of Jimmy McGill/Saul Goodman/Gene Tacovic?  Mllions of fans will find out next Monday night.  

:offtopic:  How bout that Mr King Cardinal?

Finished "Stranger Things" this weekend.....I thought it was pretty good, but much darker than previous seasons (not recommended for little kiddos now!).  Going back and re-watching "Better Call Saul" Season 5 before I dig in to it's final season. 

Better Call Saul.  Season finale.  Halfway through.  Still don't know what the final fate of Saul Goodman will be(come).  Regardless, of the final outcome, I am gonna miss this awesome series.  Thanks to Vince Gilligan, Peter Gould, Bob Odenkirk, Rhea Seehorn, Jonathan Banks and the rest of the cast and crew for such an amazing viewing experience.

Edited by kingzoso

10 hours ago, kingzoso said:

Better Call Saul.  Season finale.  Halfway through.  Still don't know what the final fate of Saul Goodman will be(come).  Regardless, of the final outcome, I am gonna miss this awesome series.  Thanks to Vince Gilligan, Peter Gould, Bob Odenkirk, Rhea Seehorn, Jonathan Banks and the rest of the cast and crew for such an amazing viewing experience.

You are so right!  I'm re-watching the earlier season and I'm blown away by the story, the acting and the production!  Like "Breaking Bad", it will be sorely missed, but unlike "Game of Thrones", I think they'll stick the landing with the final episode..

2 hours ago, Stryder1978 said:

You are so right!  I'm re-watching the earlier season and I'm blown away by the story, the acting and the production!  Like "Breaking Bad", it will be sorely missed, but unlike "Game of Thrones", I think they'll stick the landing with the final episode..

Without giving anything away, I think they did.  Of course there will be some people who won't like it or be satisfied with the ending but I thought it was a perfect ending to an awesome show.  When you finish it let me know what you thought about it (the finale).

1 hour ago, kingzoso said:

Without giving anything away, I think they did.  Of course there will be some people who won't like it or be satisfied with the ending but I thought it was a perfect ending to an awesome show.  When you finish it let me know what you thought about it (the finale).

...with Vince GIlligan in charge, I'm not too worried!  Can't wait to start the final season this weekend!  I'll let you know when I finish!

9 hours ago, kingzoso said:

Awesome, can't wait to watch the final season. Not available on Netflix US until 2023 at the earliest. Bummer 😞 

10 hours ago, kingzoso said:

Just watched the first episode of HBO's "House of the Dragon".  I am a big GoT fan so HoD should be equally as compelling.  

I am also a huge GoT fan (been to the filming sites in N. Ireland, Iceland, Spain, Malta and Croatia).  I have not really been enthusiastic about "House of the Dragon" partly because it's a prequel well before the Song of Ice and Fire and second because of the shitty last two seasons of GoT.

Did you enjoy the first episode?

2 hours ago, Stryder1978 said:

I am also a huge GoT fan (been to the filming sites in N. Ireland, Iceland, Spain, Malta and Croatia).  I have not really been enthusiastic about "House of the Dragon" partly because it's a prequel well before the Song of Ice and Fire and second because of the shitty last two seasons of GoT.

Did you enjoy the first episode?

Unwatchable.