Current music recommendations

Matthew!

Lately I've come to the conclusion that the greatest rock band in my mind after Zeppelin is possibly The Smiths. They remind me of Zeppelin in a way because they were a 4 piece band formed by a songwriting partnership between lead vocalist and lead guitarist, yet all the members were rarely gifted at their instruments and vital to the bands all around sound.

I am honestly not trying to be rude so please don't take this the wrong way but this thread is for current music. If I'm not mistaken, The Smiths broke up in 1987.

Lately I've come to the conclusion that the greatest rock band in my mind after Zeppelin is possibly The Smiths. They remind me of Zeppelin in a way because they were a 4 piece band formed by a songwriting partnership between lead vocalist and lead guitarist, yet all the members were rarely gifted at their instruments and vital to the bands all around sound.

I am honestly not trying to be rude so please don't take this the wrong way but this thread is for current music. If I'm not mistaken, The Smiths broke up in 1987.

Oh , my mistake I took the thread title to mean what are our current music recommendations - or what are we currently enjoying. etc. But seeing as The Smiths did just release a re-mastered box-set, they are kind of `current`again, I guess lol.

Oh , my mistake I took the thread title to mean what are our current music recommendations - or what are we currently enjoying. etc. But seeing as The Smiths did just release a re-mastered box-set, they are kind of `current`again, I guess lol.

Like I said, no offense intended whatsoever but going by the original post in the thread, I gathered it was meant to share our thoughts and recommendations about current artists. In other words, new artists that are currently creating, releasing and performing new music.

Like I said, no offense intended whatsoever but going by the original post in the thread, I gathered it was meant to share our thoughts and recommendations about current artists. In other words, new artists that are currently creating, releasing and performing new music.

Well, maybe we should wait to hear from the original poster, as the wording in the OP is not quite as strictly defined as that.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Jahfin, I loved the Blitzen Trapper^^, thanks as I have never listened to their music...now I will:-)

American Goldwing is good stuff, as are their other records except American Goldwing is far less schizophrenic stylistically than some of their other albums I've heard.

Here is a band that seems to be getting a lot of buzz lately. Thanks to our old friend Swede for reminding me to check them out again recently:

Edited by Jahfin

• 2 weeks later...