The Mighty Boosh

Mona

The third season has started! :cheer:

Anyway, I'm in a huge Boosh mood because of that, so if you're also a Boosh fan, let's talk! What are your favorite episodes and lines? Favorite characters? What are you thinking of the new season so far?

the20mighty20booshyl4.jpg

The Mighty Boosh ruuuules!! :cheer::cheer:

I dont even know where to begin when it comes

to identifying favorite moments, quotes, episodes, etc..

ok, ok,.. here's a cute little starter..

11kitens.jpg

"you cant be angry looking at the kitty"

ep6_8.jpg

"Its impossibe to be unhappy in a poncho"

:D

Thanks for the thread, mona! :beer:

..I'll be back. B)

oh my god

i love the boosh.

greatest show ever!

i got season one and two on dvd for my birthday a few weeks ago...

I LOVE IT!!!

and Vince... phoaw what a spunk!

hmm best lines...

Vince: i read this pamplette once...

Howard: yeah well i looked at a hedge once whats your point?

classic boosh :D

and when Vince wants the gel so that his hair doesnt fall out...

Vince: ah your extracting the *something* from the frog

Naboo: no, i just dont like this frog.

i cant wait to see season 3! but cuz i live down under... we wont get it for ages

Aww I love the Mighty Boosh! The third series is fantastic! Well worth the wait. I actually could go on about it forever but..I won't.

ps: I have a "kittens in a barrell" wall hanging.

I'm liking the third series a lot so far, too. I've only seen two episodes (they really, really need to bring this show to America! :( ) but the one where Vince was a punk was absolute genious.

I'm liking the third series a lot so far, too. I've only seen two episodes (they really, really need to bring this show to America! :( ) but the one where Vince was a punk was absolute genious.

We get it on BBC America.. but its only by luck that I catch episodes. One day I got

real lucky,.. they were airing a mini-marathon of episodes and I recorded a bunch! :thumbsup:

there's lots of clips on youtube for those who are interested.. B)

..here's a good chuckler.. *Mighty Boosh: Goths* :D

I am loving The Boosh! Only watched my first episode all the way through with the first of the current series and was instantly hooked. Think my favourite bit so far is when that weird, green fella in the first episode asks about the toy car:

"How much for this toy car?"

"69 Euros"

"I'll give you 'undred. I'm gonna play with this when I get home".

Sounds very unfunny written down, but it made me laugh lots. I also love the way they deal in Euros. Don't know why, it just makes me giggle every time.

Edited by norwich_fc

We get it on BBC America.. but its only by luck that I catch episodes. One day I got

real lucky,.. they were airing a mini-marathon of episodes and I recorded a bunch! :thumbsup:

there's lots of clips on youtube for those who are interested.. B)

..here's a good chuckler.. *Mighty Boosh: Goths* :D

I don't have BBC America. :(

All I can say is thank god for youtube and the people who upload the episodes there.

I am loving The Boosh! Only watched my first episode all the way through with the first of the current series and was instantly hooked. Think my favourite bit so far is when that weird, green fella in the first episode asks about the toy car:

"How much for this toy car?"

"69 Euros"

"I'll give you 'undred. I'm gonna play with this when I get home".

Sounds very unfunny written down, but it made me laugh lots. I also love the way they deal in Euros. Don't know why, it just makes me giggle every time.

Glad you liked it! You should definatly watch more of them. I can make a list of the episodes on youtube in the next few days and post them on this thread.

The green guy was the Hitcher. He's been in a couple of episodes now. (Old Gregg is still my favorite "villian," though, if you can call him that. :hysterical: )

I only have seen the first two episodes, but the third one is on Thursday nights, so not too long to wait. I have good quality download of the second episode. I used to have one of the first but i'd be able to find it for you i'm sure if you'd like to keep your own record of them Mona. I may be able to get you downloads for all the new episodes if possible aswell if you want.

(just dont tell the bbc or i die :unsure: )

ps: he was attractive as hell as a quote unquote punk.

I only have seen the first two episodes, but the third one is on Thursday nights, so not too long to wait. I have good quality download of the second episode. I used to have one of the first but i'd be able to find it for you i'm sure if you'd like to keep your own record of them Mona. I may be able to get you downloads for all the new episodes if possible aswell if you want.

(just dont tell the bbc or i die :unsure: )

ps: he was attractive as hell as a quote unquote punk.

Thank you very much for the offer. :D You can send me it if you want, except if it's a torrent or anything I won't be able to download it...LOL. I actually own the first two seasons on DVD, I just need a multi-regional DVD player to play them in. :rolleyes: Yeah, I'm sure I'll end up owning the third whenever it's out. And don't worry, I won't tell the BBC anything. B)

Yeah, he was. Although I, myself, have a rather odd attraction to Obsidian Blackbird McNight...though I don't really know why.

020.jpg

:D

people...

who agrees with me

greatest Boosh character....

THE SPIRIT OF JAZZ!

and Old Gregg comes a very close second...

me and my mate sam are going to the next school dance as the Spirit of Jazz and Old Gregg.. he is going as the Spirit of Jazz and im going as Old Gregg

hehe i agree with Mona... Obsidian Blackbird McKnight... very very sexy :D well Noel is sexy in whatever he wears :D even as Richmond in the IT Crowd

I've purposefully avoided watching the new series online this time 'round because it caused me nothing but heartache last time. :lol:

Two episodes in, I am enjoying the new series...the ideas and the stories are great, and it's still very funny, but I think what's a bit of a shame is that now because they're quite well-known and are bummed by certain areas of the media (NME*cough*), it's like they're doing what's expected of them, rather than what just comes naturally. Of course, this is one of these things where one leads to the other...but the number of indie references mentioned in the first episode was bordering on a bit silly, if you ask me. It just seems like a lot of the time the surreality and effortless cool of the show and its characters has become such a gimmick and sometimes they just play up to it a little too much, and push it a little too far. I suppose it's kinda hard to avoid, but it's still a shame. I don't think they're ever gonna beat the innocence (if you like) of the first series. There was no presumptions or expectations then.

Anyway, I see they're touring again next year...shall have to get to that. :D

And speaking of NME...did anyone get last week's issue where The Boosh "edited" it?

My favourite bit was Noel interviewing Kasabian. Wet dream or what.

:rolleyes::P

l_9e98a8561a1e8521be2b4229ddd63caf.jpg

Also, Kyle from The View is a twat. If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all!!

I didnt't get that NME (only one I have ever bloody wanted aswell) and wet dreams...to bloody right! I wanted more than just a written interview between them.

And Mona sorry it is a torrent :(

It's alright. Thanks for the offer, though, I appreciate it. :)

I've purposefully avoided watching the new series online this time 'round because it caused me nothing but heartache last time. :lol:

Two episodes in, I am enjoying the new series...the ideas and the stories are great, and it's still very funny, but I think what's a bit of a shame is that now because they're quite well-known and are bummed by certain areas of the media (NME*cough*), it's like they're doing what's expected of them, rather than what just comes naturally. Of course, this is one of these things where one leads to the other...but the number of indie references mentioned in the first episode was bordering on a bit silly, if you ask me. It just seems like a lot of the time the surreality and effortless cool of the show and its characters has become such a gimmick and sometimes they just play up to it a little too much, and push it a little too far. I suppose it's kinda hard to avoid, but it's still a shame. I don't think they're ever gonna beat the innocence (if you like) of the first series. There was no presumptions or expectations then.

I was wondering what you thought of the new series, as it is because of you, of course, that I owe my love of the Boosh.

I do agree with you, though. I thought that about the second season, too, but it doesn't make it any less enjoyable to watch or any less funny, in my opinion. I would like to see them do something similar to the first series again, though. Just the pure silliness of it.

An incredibly funny cult comedy show, of course!

I love this show, although the third season hasn't started here yet. I am yet to get the DVDs but I have seen most of the episodes from at least the second season.

My favourite bit is in Season 2, Episode 4 (I think) 'Fountain of youth' when they are on Planet Xooberon and there is that scene with the king and the amulet. I love how it's Naboo instead of Banoo :hysterical: Never fails to make me laugh.

Gotcha>>>

Thank's for clearing that up for me. I was gonna prescribe penicillin :blink::blink:

Rolls>>> :wacko:

Hey, where 'ya from? I love the Boosh!!

Only thing is since I'm in the states, I'm a slave to youtube for the new episodes.

Some favorite quotes off the top of my head:

"Not you, naan bread!"

"Goth juice, the most powerful hairspray in the world. It's made from the tears of Robert Smith"

"Don't touch me. Not now not ever...not when we're out buying hammocks"

so many more...plus basically anything the Spirit of Jazz says!

edit: oh, and Chicken, I really get what you mean about the new season. It's still funny as ever, but there is a certain...awareness...that seems to hover about.

Edited by dig zoso

Hey, where 'ya from? I love the Boosh!!

Only thing is since I'm in the states, I'm a slave to youtube for the new episodes.

Some favorite quotes off the top of my head:

"Not you, naan bread!"

"Goth juice, the most powerful hairspray in the world. It's made from the tears of Robert Smith"

"Don't touch me. Not now not ever...not when we're out buying hammocks"

so many more...plus basically anything the Spirit of Jazz says!

edit: oh, and Chicken, I really get what you mean about the new season. It's still funny as ever, but there is a certain...awareness...that seems to hover about.

Well,

In all reality ya know.....I love "The Boosh," as much as the next guy. However on some planets it's illegal to get em liquored up first :blink::blink:

Seriously.....

Rolls>>>> :wacko: