• John Edwards
    • Mike Huckabee
    • John McCain
    • Barack Obama
    • Ron Paul
    • Mitt Romney
    • Bill Richardson
    • Fred Thompson

I'll give the McCain campaign this much: They are adept at plowing through blinking red lights.

Sarah Palin is the middle of an on-going corruption probe. She is now refusing to testify to the bipartisan Senate committee that approved the probe unless they relinquish control and give way to a committee full of Palin appointees.

Like Roger Daltrey said, "Meet the new boss, same as the old boss." This isn't "change". This is the same crooked, corrupt politics the current administration has been operating under since Day 1, except this time its wearing a skirt and heels. Change......yeah right. I'd rather 4 or 8 years of someone inexperienced with smart, efficient, experienced people around him than another 4 to 8 years of the swill we've been force-fed the last 8.

But i can't tell you enough how annoyed I get when I see a country like America, with what it already has and with how it can be in the future, so much promise and hope, and yet you have these boobs with their entrenched conservative dogma waving their Stars & Stripes completely unaware of the fact that their staunch resistance to change threatens to sink everything the USA is and could be.

I totally agree, our boastful pride will do us in if we don't get our shit together.

You mean to say that I do not contribute anything that you agree with. I realize that you believe like Pelosi. If you do not agree with another opinion, turn off the lights and cameras, stick your witch broom between your legs and fly off and hide.

Ummm....not really. I haven't even seen any of the posting republicans give you any kudos or support anything you've said. Maybe I missed and if so, I'll take my words back.

As for the witch broom? I can think of better uses for it....now just bend over srplane, it'll only hurt for....A LONG TIME! :hysterical:

I'll give the McCain campaign this much: They are adept at plowing through blinking red lights.

Sarah Palin is the middle of an on-going corruption probe. She is now refusing to testify to the bipartisan Senate committee that approved the probe unless they relinquish control and give way to a committee full of Palin appointees.

Like Roger Daltrey said, "Meet the new boss, same as the old boss." This isn't "change". This is the same crooked, corrupt politics the current administration has been operating under since Day 1, except this time its wearing a skirt and heels. Change......yeah right. I'd rather 4 or 8 years of someone inexperienced with smart, efficient, experienced people around him than another 4 to 8 years of the swill we've been force-fed the last 8.

You wanna talk about corruption?

Obama surfaces in Rekzo's federal corruption case

http://www.suntimes.com/news/politics/obam...ma20web.article

Former Obama Fundraiser Convicted of Corruption

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...8060402824.html

Rezko's Corruption Trial Put Obama's Ties to Him in Spotlight

http://www.usnews.com/articles/news/campai...-spotlight.html

Obama Contributor on Trial for Corruption

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.p...toryId=87817797

Shall I continue?

:whistling:

You wanna talk about corruption?

Obama surfaces in Rekzo's federal corruption case

http://www.suntimes.com/news/politics/obam...ma20web.article

Former Obama Fundraiser Convicted of Corruption

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...8060402824.html

Rezko's Corruption Trial Put Obama's Ties to Him in Spotlight

http://www.usnews.com/articles/news/campai...-spotlight.html

Obama Contributor on Trial for Corruption

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.p...toryId=87817797

Shall I continue?

:whistling:

Hi Cryin, not sure how long you've been following this thread but those links you've provided are MONTHS old, the first one almost a year old which in fact states:

"The Illinois senator isn’t accused of any wrongdoing. And there’s no evidence Obama knew contributions to his 2004 U.S. Senate campaign came from schemes Rezko is accused of orchestrating."

This business has been hashed over and over again and continues to be brought up even though the allegations have proven to be false. So, needless to say, I don't get your point.

We're now discussing 'current events'.....

What I find most hilarious is that people continually misunderstand what he meant by "above my pay grade". What he meant was, it is not something man can answer, but something God (if that is what you believe in) can answer.

Naturally, Repubs get their panties wadded over it.

Hi Cryin, not sure how long you've been following this thread but those links you've provided are MONTHS old, the first one almost a year old which in fact states:

"The Illinois senator isn’t accused of any wrongdoing. And there’s no evidence Obama knew contributions to his 2004 U.S. Senate campaign came from schemes Rezko is accused of orchestrating."

Yes, and some more from same article..

After news reports that Obama had engaged in a real estate transaction with Rezko’s wife at a time Tony Rezko was known to be under investigation, the senator called the episode “boneheaded” and “a mistake.”

Shows wonderful judgment on his part, huh? :rolleyes:

Just the kind of leadership this country needs.. <_<

What I find most hilarious is that people continually misunderstand what he meant by "above my pay grade". What he meant was, it is not something man can answer, but something God (if that is what you believe in) can answer.

Naturally, Repubs get their panties wadded over it.

I listened to his whole answer, and I have yet to hear a better one from a politician. I love watching repubs spazz out over this shit, because they know too well they can't spazz out over it too much or they'll lose their non- bible thumping supporters. Did you see Cindy Sugar Mama McCain spinning the abortion question tonight? Priceless. She got lost in her own spin and cbs had to call her rep to get a clear statement. Teehee! I just hope they don't let the doors hit 'em on their asses on the way out of here. Minnesota was a really stupid choice for their convention.

Here's even more fun info about the kind of people visiting/blemishing our metro area: a rep for the Virginia delegation CANCELLED an order of 150 Twin Cities guidebooks. Why, you ask? Get ready for the punchline that's unfortunately true......because it has a GLBT section in it. That's right, they're afraid of queers. The rep said their people couldn't be exposed to that. :hysterical: Poor little tykes :( That's the kind of shit that makes people here scratch their heads. The guy who published the guidebooks also publishes a local magazine, The Rake. He said he would deliver the guidebooks to their hotel, anyway, because he hoped sooner or later they'd figure out you don't have to be gay to visit the twin Cities. :D

Total fuckin weirdness. You can't skip over a few pages? Who reads the pages they're not interested in, anyway? I cracked up when I read it, and I'm still crackin up just thinking about it again.

For what it's worth, I find this site very interesting --> http://www.electionprojection.com

In 2004, they were able to predict to within 3 electoral votes, the race between Bush and Kerry AND they got 48 of 50 states right. I think their use of historical trends coupled with current polling data is intriguing. And for what it's worth, they have Obama winning both the EV and the PV.

They are just another site that I think anyone who is interested in bipartisan following of this election should check out, I'll list the others:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com

http://www.fivethirtyeight.com

http://www.pollster.com

RCP is right-leaning, and yet their poll data is very straight-forward and unbiased.

Here's even more fun info about the kind of people visiting/blemishing our metro area: a rep for the Virginia delegation CANCELLED an order of 150 Twin Cities guidebooks. Why, you ask? Get ready for the punchline that's unfortunately true......because it has a GLBT section in it. That's right, they're afraid of queers. The rep said their people couldn't be exposed to that. :hysterical: Poor little tykes :( That's the kind of shit that makes people here scratch their heads. The guy who published the guidebooks also publishes a local magazine, The Rake. He said he would deliver the guidebooks to their hotel, anyway, because he hoped sooner or later they'd figure out you don't have to be gay to visit the twin Cities. :D

Total fuckin weirdness. You can't skip over a few pages? Who reads the pages they're not interested in, anyway? I cracked up when I read it, and I'm still crackin up just thinking about it again.

That IS hysterical! I work for one of the largest private accounting firms and they have created networks for GBLT's and we even get newsletters about their activities, LOL!! Our firm is NON gender, race, religion or sexually biased. Too bad the entire world wasn't that way, it might be a more peaceful place B)

Hey electrophile, medhb, and other dems here.. Palin giving a big speech tonight. You gonna watch or you got your head in the sand like typical lib media brainwashed dems?

I'm not watching because I'm going out to dinner with my family. I will however, watch the speech online later on when I get home.

That said, the fact you think ANYONE here is "brainwashed" is a hoot. I think it's sad that you don't think anyone on the other side of the aisle from you can hold their opinions independent of what talking heads say. Actually, it's more than sad......it's typical. I don't allow anyone on a TV show to tell me how I should think, feel or react to any given political situation. I'm sorry you're too jaded to see otherwise.

This was sent to me:

Because it always bears repeating.

--McCain Voted Against Increased Funding for Veterans' Health Care.

Although McCain told voters at a campaign rally that improving veterans' health care was his top domestic priority, he voted against increasing funding for veterans' health care in 2004, 2005, 2006 and 2007. (Greenville News, 12/12/2007; S.Amdt. 2745 to S.C.R. 95, Vote 40, 3/10/04; Senate S.C.R. 18, Vote 55, 3/16/05; S.Amdt. 3007 to S.C.R. 83, Vote 41, 3/14/06; H.R.

1591, Vote 126, 3/29/07)

--Opposed an Assured Funding Stream for Veterans' Health Care.

McCain opposed providing an assured funding stream for veterans' health care, taking into account annual changes in veterans' population and inflation. (S.Amdt. 3141 to S.C.R.

83, Vote 63, 3/16/06)

--McCain Voted Against Adding More Than $400 Million for Veterans' Care.

McCain was one of 13 Republicans to vote against providing an additional $430 million to the Department of Veterans Affairs for outpatient care and treatment for veterans. (S.Amdt. 3642 to H.R.

4939, Vote 98, 4/26/06)

--Voted Against Establishing a $1 Billion Trust Fund for Military Health Facilities.

McCain voted against establishing a $1 billion trust fund to improve military health facilities by refusing to repeal tax cuts for those making more than $1 million a year. (S.Amdt. 2735 to S.Amdt. 2707 to H.R.

4297, Vote 7, 2/2/06)

--McCain Opposed $500 Million for Counseling Services for Veterans with Mental Disorders.

McCain voted against an amendment to appropriate $500 million annually from 2006-2010 for counseling, mental health and rehabilitation services for veterans diagnosed with mental illness, posttraumatic stress disorder or substance abuse. (S. 2020, S.Amdt.

2634, Vote 343, 11/17/05)

--McCain Voted in Support of Disabled Veterans Only 25 Percent of the Time from 2004-2005.

While McCain claims he "has been a leading advocate" for veterans with disabilities, statistics show he supported the Disabled American Veterans' interests only 25 percent of the time in 2004-2005. In 2006, that figure slipped to 20 percent of the time.

(Project Vote Smart)

--McCain Voted Against Providing Automatic Cost-of-Living Adjustments to Veterans.

McCain voted against providing automatic annual cost-ofliving adjustments for certain veterans' benefits. (S.

869, Vote 259, 11/20/91)

Source: AFL/CIO

And all but one of those votes happened after we invaded Iraq.

If John McCain cares so much about the soldiers, and if they support him as much as he claims they do, then why doesn't he show it during a time of war?

And why are soldiers lining up in droves to support Barack Obama?

Maybe it's because the first thing Obama did upon becoming a senator was join the Veterans' Affairs Committee, which McCain is not a member of. Maybe it's because Obama co-sponsored the G.I. Bill that ensured veterans and their families would receive competitive education after their service ended. Maybe it's the fact that McCain voted against that bill, and that the bill was put into law despite his lack of support and a Bush veto. Maybe it's because, even though the Iraqi government has asked for a timetable for withdrawal, McCain opposes having one drawn up and has even hinted at there not being enough troops there now.

Maybe it's because John McCain, in spite of all of that, still uses his service and the service of others as his campaign's ace-in-the-hole.

Hey electrophile, medhb, and other dems here.. Palin giving a big speech tonight. You gonna watch or you got your head in the sand like typical lib media brainwashed dems?

Shit! I wanted to watch but think I may have already missed her. What time is she speaking EST time?

Oh, the irony! :lol:

Every one of the republican speakers is saying "we need change!".

..as though it's not failed republican policies that we need change from.

:hysterical:

Isn't it just? 'Change' was just a liberal buzzword to them until they brought Palin into play and now THEY'RE screaming 'Change!' :lol:

Yes, and some more from same article..

After news reports that Obama had engaged in a real estate transaction with Rezko’s wife at a time Tony Rezko was known to be under investigation, the senator called the episode “boneheaded” and “a mistake.”

Shows wonderful judgment on his part, huh? :rolleyes:

Just the kind of leadership this country needs.. <_<

keating 5 anyone?

I watched it... they hit it home for the angry right. ;)

and yes, One Drop, there were a few flaws. But overall, they pumped up the haters.

:beer:

Archived