VELVET REVOLVER Parts Ways With SCOTT WEILAND

It's Official

VELVET REVOLVER Parts Ways With Singer SCOTT WEILAND

VELVET REVOLVER founding members Slash, Duff McKagan, Matt Sorum and Dave Kushner announced today (Tuesday, April 1) that they are parting ways with singer Scott Weiland. "This band is all about its fans and its music and Scott Weiland isn't 100% committed to either," said Slash in a press release. "Among other things, his increasingly erratic onstage behavior and personal problems have forced us to move on."

Slash hinted in a recent interview that the band might carry on without Weiland, who announced onstage in Glasgow two weeks ago that fans were watching the "last tour" by the group. Weilan and drummer Matt Sorum proceeded to get into a public war of words online, fueling speculation that the band was splitting apart. But Slash told Classic Rock magazine, "Obviously I'm very aware of everything that's going on. The only thing I can add to that is, in contrast to what Scott says, there will be a VELVET REVOLVER after this tour." When asked if Weiland would continue as the singer, Slash added with a chuckle, "I have no comment on that."

Weiland is reuniting with his previous outfit, STONE TEMPLE PILOTS, which broke up in 2002. The group has scheduled a press conference in Los Angeles for April 7 where it will announce a full tour of 50 or more dates for the summer and fall in addition to the handful of festival shows already confirmed.

Weiland spent a month in rehab recently, following an arrest for driving under the influence last November and his failure to show up for a VELVET REVOLVER gig at the Sundance Festival in January.

Despite the latest turmoil, bassist Duff McKagan told the U.K.'s Journal Live recently, "VELVET REVOLVER is something that's going to be around for a long while yet."

hopefully those dumbasses will do something smart for once and replace that douchebag with the real thing: AXL ROSE.

Agreed, it's time to stop the headaches :rolleyes:

funny how every project those dudes are in falls apart. yet axl has been in the same band for over twenty years.

Well when you can fire the entire band save yourself and hire new musicians again and again, it doesn't really count.

funny how every project those dudes are in falls apart. yet axl has been in the same band for over twenty years.

:blink:

I'm not sure i'd say what Axl has with GnR as something Slash, Duff etc. should be envious of. A handful of gigs in 15 years and no record. I've been in the same band for 25 years. It's just me, but i've kept it together. Kudos to me.

I'd still love Axl and the others to reconcile though.

*stares into empty space and dreams*

*boss smacks round back of head*

hopefully those dumbasses will do something smart for once and replace that douchebag with the real thing: AXL ROSE.

The same band for twenty years?

^^Same name maybe, but not the same band lol

I never really cared about Velvet Revolver OR Stone Temple Pilots, same same but different shite. I used to listen to G'n'R when I was younger, but I rather not listen to anything Axl today, unless, maybe, if Izzy Stradlin is playing with him.

It's Official

VELVET REVOLVER Parts Ways With Singer SCOTT WEILAND

VELVET REVOLVER founding members Slash, Duff McKagan, Matt Sorum and Dave Kushner announced today (Tuesday, April 1) that they are parting ways with singer Scott Weiland. "This band is all about its fans and its music and Scott Weiland isn't 100% committed to either," said Slash in a press release. "Among other things, his increasingly erratic onstage behavior and personal problems have forced us to move on."

Slash hinted in a recent interview that the band might carry on without Weiland, who announced onstage in Glasgow two weeks ago that fans were watching the "last tour" by the group. Weilan and drummer Matt Sorum proceeded to get into a public war of words online, fueling speculation that the band was splitting apart. But Slash told Classic Rock magazine, "Obviously I'm very aware of everything that's going on. The only thing I can add to that is, in contrast to what Scott says, there will be a VELVET REVOLVER after this tour." When asked if Weiland would continue as the singer, Slash added with a chuckle, "I have no comment on that."

Weiland is reuniting with his previous outfit, STONE TEMPLE PILOTS, which broke up in 2002. The group has scheduled a press conference in Los Angeles for April 7 where it will announce a full tour of 50 or more dates for the summer and fall in addition to the handful of festival shows already confirmed.

Weiland spent a month in rehab recently, following an arrest for driving under the influence last November and his failure to show up for a VELVET REVOLVER gig at the Sundance Festival in January.

Despite the latest turmoil, bassist Duff McKagan told the U.K.'s Journal Live recently, "VELVET REVOLVER is something that's going to be around for a long while yet."

I think about this as a knew, but definitely not as a surprise.

Weiland is not made for that kind of Rock And Roll.

From Billboard.com:

Weiland Hits Back At Ex-Velvet Revolver Mates

velvet_revolver_05l.gif

Velvet Revolver

Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.

A day after the non-singing members of Velvet Revolver announced they were moving on without him, frontman Scott Weiland has responded to the move via a venom-filled statement.

Weiland says he already "claimed the group dead in the water on March 20 in Glasgow," but was most upset by Slash's comment questioning his commitment to Velvet Revolver. As previously reported, Weiland will rejoin his former bandmates in Stone Temple Pilots this summer for their first tour in seven years.

"I have to say it is a blatant and tired excuse to cover up the truth," he says. "The truth of the matter is that the band had not gotten along on multiple levels for some time. On a musical level, there were moments of joy, inspiration, fun ... at times, but let's not forget the multiple trips to rehab every member of the band had taken (with the exception of one member, no need to mention his name)."

Returning to STP, he says, will be a stark contrast to playing with "a handful of discontents who at one time used to call themselves a gang." And in a final dig, Weiland weighed in on Velvet Revolver's hunt for a new singer: "I think Sebastian Bach would be a fantastic choice," he said.

Velvet Revolver played their last show with Weiland last night (April 1) in Amsterdam. Stone Temple Pilots' first appearance will be in mid-May at the Rock on the Range festival in Columbus, Ohio.

You've gotta be kidding. Axl Rose is the biggest douchebag in music, and a crappy singer to boot. :rolleyes:

STP was-and is-a great band. I've seen them live several times and they've always put on a consistently good show.

I saw VR last September and they were good too. But all in all, I'm glad STP is back together.

Funny how Scott gets "fired" a WEEK AFTER announcing that the band is playing its last tour. :lol:

the idea of this band always sounded very corporate to me...but in a way it goes back to how these type of bands can be, when you think about the result of -audioslave or even -the firm. In a way it shows, you just cant make magic happen, but you can try. Or, you simply cannot rekindle the combustion of unjaded youthful energy.

STONE TEMPLE PILOTS To Perform On 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!'

The reunited STONE TEMPLE PILOTS will be the featured musical guests on ABC-TV's "Jimmy Kimmel Live!" on the Thursday, May 1 episode (which will actually air the morning of May 2 beginning at 12:05 a.m.).

According to Billboard.com, STONE TEMPLE PILOTS will next week announce plans for a summer tour of more than 50 amphitheaters.

The group has already confirmed a handful of festival dates, beginning with the Rock on the Range festival in Columbus, Ohio, on May 17-18.

Further details about STP's tour will be announced during an April 7 news conference at the Harry Houdini Estate in Los Angeles. It is still unclear whether the band will record new material.

Although STONE TEMPLE PILOTS broke up in 2002 under less than friendly circumstances, both singer Scott Weiland — who just parted ways with VELVET REVOLVER following a very public ar of words — and guitarist Dean DeLeo have said that the band members are all on good terms now. Weiland even told The Pulse of Radio he could envision making another STP album. "We were never a band that felt like we needed to lean too hard onto our muscle," he said. "We always felt like we had enough beauty and enough finesse in our music, you know, while we were together, that could carry us into a long career. So for us to make a record at an older age doesn't seem like a stretch, you know, 'cause we were never all about brawn."

The last STP album, "Shangri-La-Dee-Da", came out in 2001.

I've got to comment on this again. Can you say anything more stupid?

First of all, I doubt it's up to those guys whether or not Gn'R will ever re-unite. I'd say the ball is pretty much in Axl's court. Your ideas seemed to be as far fetched as Axl's idea of a true Gn'R.

Second, Scott Weiland is a great frontman, but his true talents lie with STP.

Third, aside from Axl owning the Gn'R name, he has failed to produce the same band, ever since Izzy Stradlin left. Are you really that naive to think that it's been the same band for that long? Or are you just some uneducated four year old with access to a computer?

the idea of this band always sounded very corporate to me...but in a way it goes back to how these type of bands can be, when you think about the result of -audioslave or even -the firm. In a way it shows, you just cant make magic happen, but you can try. Or, you simply cannot rekindle the combustion of unjaded youthful energy.

Audioslave should not be considered corporate, the pairing of Chris Cornell with the others, was supposedly recommended by Rick Rubin. Only as an idea. It in turned, worked out for a while.

VR might be a different story.

You don't need to rekindle youthful energy, a band comes together with chemistry. Which can happen at any time.

You've gotta be kidding. Axl Rose is the biggest douchebag in music, and a crappy singer to boot. :rolleyes:

I beg to differ. Axl Rose had, and still has on occasion a freight train of a singing voice. He put a lot of singers in the 80's to shame with his talent. His attitude... not so much. Cast aside the asshole-ness, he's still one of my favorite voices.

I never understood the hype about Stone Temple Pilots. I always thought they were Pearl Jam and Alice In Chains copycats.

Regarding Axl's voice, I think he had a great voice, but preferably in small doses or else he can be quite annoying. I also like the way he sings in "It's So Easy".

<br /><font size="3">She needs the gig!</font><br /><br />I wish I could think of a good joke now about &quot;Sweet Chid O'Mine.<br />I really do prefer her version to Axl's.<br />I was never a &quot;Runs In Hoses&quot; fan.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

O M F G!!!! Not this sh*t again!! :).......V R do NOT need Sheryl and vice - versa!!! :)......first it was Sheryl with Mac...now this.....who's the d-head who puts these moronic rumours around.....next it will be Sheryl for President......sshhiiiiiiiishhhh" :):):)

Robert.

I never understood the hype about Stone Temple Pilots. I always thought they were Pearl Jam and Alice In Chains copycats.

Regarding Axl's voice, I think he had a great voice, but preferably in small doses or else he can be quite annoying. I also like the way he sings in "It's So Easy".

I'm listening to "Purple" right now. Those comparisons are ludicrous. Do yourself a favor, listen to an AIC song, along with any STP song, followed by a Pearl Jam song, and then make that assessment.

<br /><br /><br />

O M F G!!!! Not this sh*t again!! :).......V R do NOT need Sheryl and vice - versa!!! :)......first it was Sheryl with Mac...now this.....who's the d-head who puts these moronic rumours around.....next it will be Sheryl for President......sshhiiiiiiiishhhh" :):):)

Robert.

Huh?

Archived