Jimmy's Pendants

Cincinnati1977

I'm wondering what symbolism Jimmy's various pendants had? Anyone have details?

Probably the most famous one - he started wearing at shows in 1975, and continued through 1977 tour. Maybe he wore it later under button up shirts ...

I've heard it said the stone was malachite ... I found some references connecting malachite with Saturn (Saturn of course rules Capricorn, Jimmy's sun sign) ... anyone know for sure what the stone was?

1977autophotoforemail.jpg

That's beautiful. Did a certain Brazilian we know and love make that for you :D

Actually no. I had it done before I knew Brspled was a silversmith! I felt bad, but Marta did a great job, yes? I'd recommend either of them! They're both very talented. Of course I'd push for Celia, as she is my close friend, but it would be rude not to endorse the one that did my piece, because it's great too. If you want work done, both are terrific and talented and have only the best pieces. I think Celia is doing one for Thorzep. I know he'll be happy with it!

Actually no. I had it done before I knew Brspled was a silversmith! I felt bad, but Marta did a great job, yes? I'd recommend either of them! They're both very talented. Of course I'd push for Celia, as she is my close friend, but it would be rude not to endorse the one that did my piece, because it's great too. If you want work done, both are terrific and talented and have only the best pieces.

Oh Marta absolutely did a great job as I know Celia would have too. Her pieces are absolutely amazing :D

Oh Marta absolutely did a great job as I know Celia would have too. Her pieces are absolutely amazing :D

Yeah, I have to give my compliments to Marta. It is a beautiful piece. And I've seen examples of Celia's work, and it's beautiful! They both get my enthusiastic endorsement! They are truly masters of their craft! :beer:

I can't locate the source for this information right now (it may have been from an article in an early 70's issue of Creem or Crawdaddy) but, it was (for decades) my understanding that the pendants that Jimmy wore were amulets or talisman and, like the sigil embroidered on his clothing, were connected to his practice (and rituals?) of Thelema.

I can't locate the source for this information right now (it may have been from an article in an early 70's issue of Creem or Crawdaddy) but, it was (for decades) my understanding that the pendants that Jimmy wore were amulets or talisman and, like the sigil embroidered on his clothing, were connected to his practice (and rituals?) of Thelema.

Most definitely! You should visit the "Unfinished" thread in a main forum. It's getting interesting! :beer:

Thank you 9 and Ev, that's too sweet of you. Ev, I don't know Marta, but she truly did a great job. :thumbsup: I used a Malaquite on the pendant I made for Thorzep. Here is a pic of the pendant I made:

pincenteJimmyPage001.jpg

I think the one Jimmy wore back in the 70's had a turquoise on it, but one can't tell for sure.

Thank you 9 and Ev, that's too sweet of you. Ev, I don't know Marta, but she truly did a great job. :thumbsup: I used a Malaquite on the pendant I made for Thorzep. Here is a pic of the pendant I made:

pincenteJimmyPage001.jpg

I think the one Jimmy wore back in the 70's had a turquoise on it, but one can't tell for sure.

you made that? that is just stunning. if i had the money i would get one too, maybe with emerald ( my birthstone ). surely jimmy's does have a meaning, as do most things regarding him! hope we can find out what it is.

pincenteJimmyPage001.jpg

That's absolutely beautiful! It's really stunning - I can't stop looking at it! I didn't know you were a silversmith, Celia. I've been looking for a nice Zoso pendant - have you ever made any of those?

Thank you HP. I never knew you used to make silver jewels. I love what I do, I work with silver and gold and precious/semi precious stones, it's a pleasure to create pieces for my customers.

Lilith, I have never made a Zozo pendant and it would be a pleasure to make you one. But have you ever seen this site?

http://www.bentforms.com/gallery/

They sell Zoso pendants (as well as the other LZ symbols). I just couldn't find out if they are silver ones, but I'm guessing they are, because they repair silver jewelry. I don't know their work, it's just a sugestion, OK? As I said I'd love to make you a pendant, but since it's a small thing (I'm guessing you want something small, right? if I'm wrong, things are completely different), well, the shipping would cost too much and I think it wouldn't be worth it. These people make jewelry from molds (at leats the LZ symbols) and that makes them cheaper. I usually don't use any molds and that would make the pendant - and that, together with the shipping to the UK- would make the pendant too expensive, not sure if it's worth it.

Hope this site helps you.

Anyway, feel free to PM me if you want to talk about the pendant, OK?

And thank you so much for you lovely words. :):):)

Archived