100 Greatest Guitar Songs of All Time

Jahfin

Page had a mullet in 1973? I know Plant sported one in the 80s (as most everyone else did) but that's another thread entirely.

Well, for a while it looked like it. It's not a major mullet or hick mullet. I dont know if you'd consider this a mullet. I might have must have a different definition..

its considerably shorter in the front.

jim6sv.jpg

RK1026_LED_ZEPPELIN_6.jpg

Well, for a while it looked like it. It's not a major mullet or hick mullet. I dont know if you'd consider this a mullet. I might have must have a different definition..

its considerably shorter in the front.

jim6sv.jpg

RK1026_LED_ZEPPELIN_6.jpg

Yeah, that isn't what I'd call a mullet. Maybe a "shag" haircut (that was also popular in the 70s) that morphed into the "party in the back, business in the front" mullet look in the 80s.

Yeah, that isn't what I'd call a mullet. Maybe a "shag" haircut (that was also popular in the 70s) that morphed into the "party in the back, business in the front" mullet look in the 80s.

yea i know what you mean. It's just short enough that you could consider it one, but my definition, it's not. You're right. I just reminds me of one. i have a shag cut, but its not like his.

More fodder for discussion, this time from Yahoo:

The 25 Most Rockin' Riffs

I find it kind if sickening to consider all of the coporate radio over-played riffs in these lists.

They are pointless and do not edify, unless you have been living under a rock.

But then.... most lovers of Classic Rock Radio playlists, do live under a rock, imo. B)

There doesn't seem to be any middle ground. If the lists consist of nothing but well worn favorites that should be familiar to most everyone, they get criticized for that. If anything remotely off the beaten path is mentioned they're criticized for trying to be trendy merely by mentioning something that's considered obscure by the masses.

As suggested by the Yahoo columnist, it's probably best that everyone make their own list. That would be much more productive than the usual bitchfest these type of threads usually turn into over who (and who didn't) make the respective list.

Well, if they had just listed only Zep songs, as is obviously appropriate, we wouldn't have this problem.

*(obviously a joke, people)

Joke? Huh? I don't get it! THAT was the most profound statement I've read on the subject yet! B)

What Ross Halfin had to say about the cover, rather amusing.

"The new cover of Rolling Stone, the Jimmy Page photo shot by me last month in London. Don't know what John Mayer is doing on the cover - a guitar hero? The poster boy for little girls, I mean, he'll be gone at some point, just like Bush with Gavin Rossdale. Where's Slash, say, or Glenn Tipton, or Brad Tolinski's homosexual dream, Zakk Wylde with his mouth open screaming. Or, come to think of it, Tony iommi, Joe Perry or the Love Gun, Paul Stanley!

Notice the two token negro (oops, sorry - I mean African-American) bluesmen just so they can show that everyone at the magazine loves the blues. Still, I thought they did a good job, Jimmy looks like he really was there."

and more of the cover if you havent seen the full layout, which gets worse:

rolling-stone-june08.jpg

I do have to say the failed Democratic leadership article is the closet thing they got right in the whole fucking issue.

Well at least they didn't put jack white in the photo. (even though they ranked a few songs) i just hate how they always have to suck somebody who's new cock on every list. just like the asshole from mars volta or the fact that last three issue of guitar world with jimmy on it, had fucking jack white on it too.

What Ross Halfin had to say about the cover, rather amusing.

"The new cover of Rolling Stone, the Jimmy Page photo shot by me last month in London. Don't know what John Mayer is doing on the cover - a guitar hero? The poster boy for little girls, I mean, he'll be gone at some point, just like Bush with Gavin Rossdale. Where's Slash, say, or Glenn Tipton, or Brad Tolinski's homosexual dream, Zakk Wylde with his mouth open screaming. Or, come to think of it, Tony iommi, Joe Perry or the Love Gun, Paul Stanley!

Notice the two token negro (oops, sorry - I mean African-American) bluesmen just so they can show that everyone at the magazine loves the blues. Still, I thought they did a good job, Jimmy looks like he really was there."

and more of the cover if you havent seen the full layout, which gets worse:

rolling-stone-june08.jpg

Ross Halfin is right. Where the hell is Zakk Wylde?

Archived