FooLed to get theatrical release in England

ro_a

FMBQ: Radio Industry News

Foo Fighters' Led Zeppelin Wembley Gig To Hit The Big Screen

Watch it this month...

* by Jason Gregory

* 11 June 2008

Foo Fighters recent residency at Wembley Stadium in London will hit the big screen later this month.

On June 24th 50 cinemas across the UK will broadcast footage from both nights, including the band's unexpected collaboration with Led Zeppelin's Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones.

The footage will be broadcast in HD Surround Sound at 8.40pm in Vue cinemas.

FMBQ: Radio Industry News

Watch it this month...

* by Jason Gregory

* 11 June 2008

Foo Fighters recent residency at Wembley Stadium in London will hit the big screen later this month.

On June 24th 50 cinemas across the UK will broadcast footage from both nights, including the band's unexpected collaboration with Led Zeppelin's Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones.

The footage will be broadcast in HD Surround Sound at 8.40pm in Vue cinemas.

Cool. Hope I can see this one way or another (wink wink). It would be nice to hear what Jimmy and JPJ's current rig sounds like well recorded instead of the audience recordings we've gotten so far.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anybody in England seen this or heard of it's release? I am having a hard time imagining Page and Jones approving something like that so quickly. In fact I don't believe it. I am curious though, because if the Foos put this in theaters, it could have an effect on the music industry.

I saw the Rolling Stones movie, you've heard the nay sayers. I say it's the most high energy Stones show I've seen. I am surrounded by cool movie theaters that serve beer and food, and are super cheap.

If the music industry is ready to get a concert film right, then I am ready to spend the money to see it.

The Foos really bum me out. I wonder how much eternal rest Kurt gets listening to the Foos.

edit: oops, just re read my first post, I'll ask this again in a couple of days, unless ye English want to write a review.

• 1 month later...
Did you go to see U2:3D? Sets an incredibly high new standard for concert movies, though I guess a lot of proper music fans won't have bothered with it because it's U2. :bagoverhead:

I saw Rattle and Hum when that came out... boring. Nonetheless I will go to see that @ IMAX if/when it comes around again. I really dug the Scorsese Stones movie. Old men, high energy.

Yep. Seen them, too. :)

Thankz.

Maybe, it was an easier decision to get the 2 songs released with the Foos as Jimmy said some time back that it would be a bit of work to get multi-HDCam work with audio completed for a while on the DVD of the O2.

We'll see it released sometime in the future. :)

Maybe this is a teaser for jp, jpj and the Foos to hit the road??? who knows???

R B)

Has anybody in England seen this or heard of it's release? I am having a hard time imagining Page and Jones approving something like that so quickly. In fact I don't believe it. I am curious though, because if the Foos put this in theaters, it could have an effect on the music industry.

Not necessarily - it was only 2 songs. Would only be less than a week's work to cut the video together and get them in a studio for a to mix the audio. That is assuming that Page and Jones were directly involved. More likely it was all edited and mixed, then approved by Page/Jones. Would only take an hour to get them in a studio, listen to it a few times, maybe make a few tweaks and presto you have it.

They probably agreed to do the show knowing that it was intended for this release, so it's not all that surprising that it's been so quick.

Did you go to see U2:3D? Sets an incredibly high new standard for concert movies, though I guess a lot of proper music fans won't have bothered with it because it's U2. :bagoverhead:

They have pioneered a new technology with that film which will cause a revolution in live music/sport/event coverage.

Great to see Jimmy sounding so good and making those moves again! :D (There were places where I did think he was trying to keep a straight face with regard to the singing, however.)

Yeah... almost as good as that look of absurdity/horror he gave Sean "insert current nickname here" Combs when he tried to give a Plant-esque wail in the middle of their performance on SNL.

Archived