BBQ Specialities

moffo

Yes, but what are you trying to tell me?

BTW, I grilled some burgers and corn today. The key to a good grilled burger is high fat content. Sorry to burst your bubbles.

One method of grilling lobster is placing the whole lobster on a bed of seaweed and letting the resulting steam cook the lobster. This is how it is done during a clam bake.

yeah, I always go with the 80% chuck hamburger meat. I love when I turn them and get that 5 foot flame.....lol

the beer is suposed to go all over the burgers when you are frying them. try it you like it. it makes them taste better :D but not like beer. :(

It is a type of Salmon[The best really]

Oh ok... This is why it's not the best for BBQ's in the UK, not only does it rain all the time, but the variety of food (meat & fish) that you get in North America is sooooo much better than over here.

Anyone want to trade places????? :D

Edited by moffo

as a easy side dish... cut up all kinds of your favorite veggies...mix with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, basil, salt and pepper and cook in tin foil...everyone's favorite!

I'm totally going to try this out today. :D

Umm...Babs? Sockeyes are endangered. At least in Idaho they are.

The west coast sockeye is quite strictly regulated.I'm not quite sure how it all works but it's not a free for all for the fisherman.

Electrophile--I LOVE asparagus! I've never tried it with lemon...

It's really good. This is what we usually do. Coat the asparagus in olive oil and salt & pepper; just enough so that they don't stick to the grill or the pan you're cooking them on. Cook them until they're just tender and take a pat of butter and let it melt over it. Just a small amount, though. After they melt, take some lemon and squeeze it over the top and toss lightly. You can put more lemon on yourself if you like things extra-lemony.

Grilled asparagus, with some butter and lemon is absolutely to die for.

Don't get me started,I'm going to fire up the grill before ZD gets home from work and she'll be mad if there's only the empty tin foil and it's juces laying about B)

Don't get me started,I'm going to fire up the grill before ZD gets home from work and she'll be mad if there's only the empty tin foil and it's juces laying about B)

:lol:

"Happy 4th of July, baby," (rorer ducks really fast and runs).

I grilled some ham steaks. It was pretty goood. Whenever I make hamburgers I use grillmates seasoning mixed in Italian dressing. I usually put in mesquite and salt free steak. (I can't eat a certain amount of sodiums.) As you grill the hamburgers, use a brush and brush it on. Also while you make the patties put a little bit of salt and pepper in the meat. It's delicious!

Not exactly a BBQ specialty, but a great side dish to go along with any summer BBQ or picnic.

Red Cabbage Salad

1 head red cabbage

1 cup vegetable oil (canola oil is best)

1 cup red wine vinegar

5T sugar

4 tsp. salt

2 tsp. seasoned salt (Lawry's Seasoned Salt or other similar brand)

1/2 tsp. black pepper

1/2 tsp. onion powder

Shred cabbage irregularly, with some coarse and some fine shreds. Combine other ingredients in a bowl (or shake together in a jar or bottle) and pour over the cabbage. Mix well and let stand (repeat mixing several times) refrigerate over night for best flavor.

Makes 10 -12 servings.

Edited by Del Zeppnile