New Song at Reunion Show?

GetTheLedOut

Link

Led Zeppelin reunion: band will play new song live

Led Zeppelin guitarist Jimmy Page has revealed that his band will perform a track they have never played live before at their forthcoming O2 Arena show in London on December 10.

Speaking to Reuters, Page gave a vague clue as to the period the song comes from - although he offered a 12-year time zone.

"There's one number that we rehearsed, I assume that it will make it to the Dome, that we never played at any point in time," he explained. "It dates from when the band was together between 1968 and 1980. It's a really intense number."

So anyone have any guesses on what it could be? I'm thinking some variation of Swan Song, but that's purely a guess.

I guess it could be a regular song that they just never performed. I don't think they performed "Down By The Seaside," and I could easily see them playing that.

Page mentioned For Your Life in the new Guitar World article as a song that is going to be performed.

Here are the two dates with D'yer Ma'ker

3-21-73 Hamburg-it's just a few 'Oh's' and some notes during WLL

5-25-75 Earls Court during the Communication Breakdown little bit more. Maybe a verse or so but not a full version.

Never played in a full version though.

Try not to think too much in the regions of 'Presence' and 'In Through the Out Door'. There are songs on the previous albums that have also not been performed live; now to use my head...

If I had to have a wild guess, I'd go for In My Time of Dying? That would be funking incredible.

Try not to think too much in the regions of 'Presence' and 'In Through the Out Door'. There are songs on the previous albums that have also not been performed live; now to use my head...

If I had to have a wild guess, I'd go for In My Time of Dying? That would be funking incredible.

In My Time of Dying was the fourth song on almost every, if not every show on the '75 tour. And was played in almost every show in '77 too.

• 2 weeks later...

"In My Time of Dying" was performed throughout the 1975 tour. And it WAS incredible- I saw it live (2/2/75 Nassau Colisseum, NY).

Well Plant is reportedly having trouble hitting some high notes so I don't think the new song will be a screamer from the earlier days, more likely to be a mellow one such as In The Light, Ramble On etc. But wouldn't it be great to hear the Battle Of Evermore with Alison Krauss as guest vocalist.

Archived