Hurricane Season 2008

eternal light

Hurricane Gustav is just crossing over the west end of Cuba at the moment at a category 4 strength, and is about to enter the gulf. Its likely to be a category 5 shortly.

Gustav Tracker

Some of my posts have links to show all that. I think I pretty much even said this exact thing earlier.

Maybe Im BLOCKED. :rolleyes:

Oh well, we can never have too many links! :lol:

That shithole has been there for hundreds of years--literally--and will be there long after we're gone. Why? Because it's the kind of place that people will fight to preserve because it's worth it. There's nowhere else on earth like New Orleans. (And before anybody says it, yes I do mean that in a good way!)

Uh! you might want to pull back the shades and have a look outside muh man! :rolleyes:

lmao was thinkin the same oh-bye-the-way that "shit whole" as well as the Mississippi allow you alot of needed imports and help fuel alot of our economy going in and out for many, many a moon whats that new word ahh yes :" ya asshat"

lmao was thinkin the same oh-bye-the-way that "shit whole" as well as the Mississippi allow you alot of needed imports and help fuel alot of our economy going in and out for many, many a moon whats that new word ahh yes :" ya asshat"

I think I could do away with Mardi Gras and Zatarains microwavable rice, but either way, you don't need to get offended...

... I was just wondering why people feel sorry for these idiots when they know fair and well shit like this happens nearly every year...

I think I could do away with Mardi Gras and Zatarains microwavable rice, but either way, you don't need to get offended...

... I was just wondering why people feel sorry for these idiots when they know fair and well shit like this happens nearly every year...

I apologize not usually so flipant with insult you struck a nerve and I guess I wanted try out my new word on someone sorry :rolleyes:

just heard a weather term on the weather this morning. -hurricane blue skies. its the clear air and blue sky that follows a hurricane. -hanna was a diminishing tropical storm when it passed through -ny on saturday, but yesterday was a great day and it was due to this storm effect.

No it doesn't happen "nearly every year," O ye of short memory. And what about the people who live in the midwest, are they "idiots" because they live in a place where many tornadoes happen every year? What about Californians, are they "idiots" because they live in a state prone to earthquakes, brush fires etc., every year? There's nowhere that isn't prone to natural disasters. Move to Tennessee and get struck by lightning!

Some compassion for these "idiots" wouldn't come amiss, but I guess that's unfashionable these days.

No it doesn't happen "nearly every year," O ye of short memory. And what about the people who live in the midwest, are they "idiots" because they live in a place where many tornadoes happen every year? What about Californians, are they "idiots" because they live in a state prone to earthquakes, brush fires etc., every year? There's nowhere that isn't prone to natural disasters. Move to Tennessee and get struck by lightning!

Some compassion for these "idiots" wouldn't come amiss, but I guess that's unfashionable these days.

No need to get upset.

I live in the mid-west and have never once seen a tornado... its called a valley... you should live in one.

Strategy bitches.

No need to get upset.

I live in the mid-west and have never once seen a tornado... its called a valley... you should live in one.

Strategy bitches.

Tornadoes can strike valleys, you'll be surprised to learn. They can strike anywhere--as I hope you never find out firsthand (and I would never call you an idiot if you do).

Valleys are not immune to hurricanes, either.

Better get a new strategy.

Tornadoes can strike valleys, you'll be surprised to learn. They can strike anywhere--as I hope you never find out firsthand (and I would never call you an idiot if you do).

What I find funny is that docron is calling a place like New Orleans a shit hole, when the place he says he's from - Detroit - was once named the murder capital of the world.

I guess natural disaster is no match for murder.

Nowhere is immune to Mother Nature. Even my fair own 'genteel' land. We had a hurricane in 1987 - days after being continually reassured that there wasn't one on the way.

So, I guess places like Morpeth, in north east England, are shit hole's being susceptable to flooding?

morpeth-11-may-2006-can-20d-cf1-004.jpg

morpeth-31-may-2007-fuj-e900-xd1-1.jpg

The tornadoes that strike in valleys never get a chance to develop and stay pretty small... not enough to do any damage save maybe ripping off some shingles or knocking over a tree... and a hurricane in Michigan? Off what ocean?

My flawless strategy remains.

What I find funny is that docron is calling a place like New Orleans a shit hole, when the place he says he's from - Detroit - was once named the murder capital of the world.

I guess natural disaster is no match for murder.

Nowhere is immune to Mother Nature. Even my fair own 'genteel' land. We had a hurricane in 1987 - days after being continually reassured that there wasn't one on the way.

So, I guess places like Morpeth, in north east England, are shit hole's being susceptable to flooding?

morpeth-11-may-2006-can-20d-cf1-004.jpg

morpeth-31-may-2007-fuj-e900-xd1-1.jpg

P.S. I'm not from Detroit, just here for school.. but I agree, its a pretty large shithole.

The tornadoes that strike in valleys never get a chance to develop and stay pretty small... not enough to do any damage save maybe ripping off some shingles or knocking over a tree... and a hurricane in Michigan? Off what ocean?

My flawless strategy remains.

The hurricane that hit Britain in 1987 had swept across Europe by the time it arrived, not an ocean (and actually longdistancewinner underestimated a bit, it arrived only minutes after a forecaster who shall remain nameless, OK it was Michael Fish, announced on TV such an idea was ridiculous. Better re-think the tornadoes in valleys, too. There was even a tornado in downtown Atlanta last year--I saw the damage.

Repeat--get a new strategy.

The hurricane that hit Britain in 1987 had swept across Europe by the time it arrived, not an ocean (and actually longdistancewinner underestimated a bit, it arrived only minutes after a forecaster who shall remain nameless, OK it was Michael Fish, announced on TV such an idea was ridiculous. Better re-think the tornadoes in valleys, too. There was even a tornado in downtown Atlanta last year--I saw the damage.

Repeat--get a new strategy.

Oops :ph34r:

Forgive me, I was only 2 at the time. Just trying to get a point across.

The hurricane that hit Britain in 1987 had swept across Europe by the time it arrived, not an ocean

Ive read this several times and Im trying to understand. Are you saying a hurricane hit Britain after crossing Europe? Going west, from the continent, not from the ocean?

I just read about it. It formed in the Bay of Biscay off the coast of France and tracked north. Technically affecting northwestern France first. But it didnt come off the continental landmass as Id thought I understood from the post.

http://www.stvincent.ac.uk/Resources/Weath...vere/oct87.html

Archived