Lizzie Borden House Tour

pinky

I recently decided to take a tour of the Lizzie Borden house in Fall River MA. but am now thinking I decided a bit to hasty and am kinda freaked out after I saw the pictures of the dead bodies, my dad won't even go. Has anyone ever done this? Should I do this?

Edited by pinky

You mean the hauted ones? Or is there another with dead bodies? If its the haunted one, I'd go.

I'm not sure what you are trying to say but the story goes as this.

Lizzie Borden murdered her step-mother Abby Borden with a hatchet by hitting her in the head 19 times, then she hit her sleeping father Andrew Borden in the head 11 times, although there was much evidence against her she was aquitted with no one else tryed. The house is said to be haunted by Lizzie, Abby, Andrew,Mike(a former caretaker), and two children who were related to the Bordens and were murdered by their mother :(:( in the next door house.

You can now either take a tour of the house or sleep in it, even the room Abby Borden was murdered in.

You may also know the childrens rhyme.

Lizzie Borden took an axe

And gave her mother 40 wacks

When she saw what she had done

She gave her father 41

I'd rather just tour it. I don't think I could sleep in it. If you don't believe in this type or stuff then going to it shouldn't bother you. I man if you don't believe it there's nothing to be afraid of. I believe in it, and I'm not afraid of it. Just the ones that are supposed to be mean.

I did the Jack the Ripper tour in London, and I've been to a haunted house here in San Diego. Neither one was very scary. I'd say go for it. Though maybe I wouldn't spend the night...that would be just a tad weird.

If you ever come to New Orleans for Halloween they have alot of different ghost tours.

But this was the best $20 I ever spent simply fantastic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtxfRZjjLKo...useofshock.com/

That looks totally cool, but honestly, I am such a huge weenie. I'd probably pee my pants if I went in there, lol. If I could stomach it, it does look like it would be a blast, though.

I'd love to go to New Orleans sometime just for the hell of it...it'd be neat to go during Halloween, too; the French Quarter seems like it would have the perfect atmosphere for it. I love your food, too. New Orleans is definitely on my "must see before I die/move out of the country/become a permanent couch potato" list.

I saw that movie on television when i was about ten. My cousin was babysitting my sisters and me and it was on the Friday night late movie. Must have left a creepy enough feeling over me that i have never forgotten this, lol. My cousin Brad is so cool! Personally, i wouldn't go near the place.

Fill me in on Lizzie Borden, never heard of her :unsure:

Of course you have. She murdered her parents with an axe. Happened back in 1893. In the movie "The Legend of Lizzie Borden" Elizabeth Montgomery played Lizzie (you know, from "Bewitched").

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/notorio...en/index_1.html

By Russell Aiuto

Lizzie Borden Took An Axe

The day is stiflingly hot, over one hundred degrees, even though it is not yet noon. The elderly man, still in his heavy morning coat, reclines on a mohair-covered sofa, his boots on the floor so as not to soil the upholstery. As he naps in the August heat, his wife is on the floor of the guestroom upstairs, dead for the past hour and a half, killed by the same hand, with the same weapon, that is about to strike him, as he sleeps.

"... one of the most dastardly and diabolical crimes that was ever committed in Massachusetts... Who could have done such an act? In the quiet of the home, in the broad daylight of an August day, on the street of a popular city, with houses within a stone's throw, nay, almost touching, who could have done it?

"Inspection of the victims discloses that Mrs. Borden had been slain by the use of some sharp and terrible instrument, inflicting upon her head eighteen blows, thirteen of them crushing through the skull; and below stairs, lying upon the sofa, was Mr. Borden's dead and mutilated body, with eleven strokes upon the head, four of them crushing the skull."

(From the closing arguments for the defense of Lizzie Borden, made by her principal attorney, George D. Robinson.)

Lizzie Borden

The Lizzie Borden case has mystified and fascinated those interested in crime for over one hundred years. Very few cases in American history have attracted as much attention as the hatchet murders of Andrew J. Borden and his wife, Abby Borden. The bloodiness of the acts in an otherwise respectable late nineteenth century domestic setting is startling. Along with the gruesome nature of the crimes is the unexpected character of the accused, not a hatchet-wielding maniac, but a church-going, Sunday-school-teaching, respectable, spinster-daughter, charged with parricide, the murder of parents, a crime worthy of Classical Greek tragedy. This is a murder case in which the accused is found not guilty for the violent and bloody murders of two people. There were the unusual circumstances considering that it was an era of swift justice, of vast newspaper coverage, evidence that was almost entirely circumstantial, passionately divided public opinion as to the guilt or innocence of the accused, incompetent prosecution, and acquittal.

Lizzie as a young girl

However little one might know about Lizzie Borden, she is forever immortalized in the playground verse:

And gave her mother forty whacks.

And when she saw what she had done,

She gave her father forty-one.

Of course you have. She murdered her parents with an axe. Happened back in 1893. In the movie "The Legend of Lizzie Borden" Elizabeth Montgomery played Lizzie (you know, from "Bewitched").

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/notorio...en/index_1.html

By Russell Aiuto

Lizzie Borden Took An Axe

The day is stiflingly hot, over one hundred degrees, even though it is not yet noon. The elderly man, still in his heavy morning coat, reclines on a mohair-covered sofa, his boots on the floor so as not to soil the upholstery. As he naps in the August heat, his wife is on the floor of the guestroom upstairs, dead for the past hour and a half, killed by the same hand, with the same weapon, that is about to strike him, as he sleeps.

"... one of the most dastardly and diabolical crimes that was ever committed in Massachusetts... Who could have done such an act? In the quiet of the home, in the broad daylight of an August day, on the street of a popular city, with houses within a stone's throw, nay, almost touching, who could have done it?

"Inspection of the victims discloses that Mrs. Borden had been slain by the use of some sharp and terrible instrument, inflicting upon her head eighteen blows, thirteen of them crushing through the skull; and below stairs, lying upon the sofa, was Mr. Borden's dead and mutilated body, with eleven strokes upon the head, four of them crushing the skull."

(From the closing arguments for the defense of Lizzie Borden, made by her principal attorney, George D. Robinson.)

Lizzie Borden

The Lizzie Borden case has mystified and fascinated those interested in crime for over one hundred years. Very few cases in American history have attracted as much attention as the hatchet murders of Andrew J. Borden and his wife, Abby Borden. The bloodiness of the acts in an otherwise respectable late nineteenth century domestic setting is startling. Along with the gruesome nature of the crimes is the unexpected character of the accused, not a hatchet-wielding maniac, but a church-going, Sunday-school-teaching, respectable, spinster-daughter, charged with parricide, the murder of parents, a crime worthy of Classical Greek tragedy. This is a murder case in which the accused is found not guilty for the violent and bloody murders of two people. There were the unusual circumstances considering that it was an era of swift justice, of vast newspaper coverage, evidence that was almost entirely circumstantial, passionately divided public opinion as to the guilt or innocence of the accused, incompetent prosecution, and acquittal.

Lizzie as a young girl

However little one might know about Lizzie Borden, she is forever immortalized in the playground verse:

And gave her mother forty whacks.

And when she saw what she had done,

She gave her father forty-one.

Nope. Quite seriously had never heard of her. Was never big in nursery rhymes.

Fill me in on Lizzie Borden, never heard of her :unsure:

Maybe this will help.

- This shows a news report of the house and an explanation of the murder.

- This presents an alternate theory of the story that Andrew Borden's illegitamate son killed Lizzie's father and step-mother.

- This is from The History Channel

That looks totally cool, but honestly, I am such a huge weenie. I'd probably pee my pants if I went in there, lol. If I could stomach it, it does look like it would be a blast, though.

I'd love to go to New Orleans sometime just for the hell of it...it'd be neat to go during Halloween, too; the French Quarter seems like it would have the perfect atmosphere for it. I love your food, too. New Orleans is definitely on my "must see before I die/move out of the country/become a permanent couch potato" list.

Before the storm Halloween was becoming a big event here for adults and has since picked up steam again.

You see as many folks in costume as you do for Mardi-Gras. It seems to be "The" place to be for Halloween and events are held all over the area not just the Quaters.

Take that place the House of Shock for instance, it's actually in Jefferson a suburb of New Orleans

right under the Huey P Long bridge in a warehouse district.

HaHaHa it's funny you should mention wet pants, I actually saw a woman that did just that.

Poor lady was in tears. First time I went I slipped in some kinda goo and busted my butt lol.

• 11 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Meh, I would go, stuff like that always amused me, never scared me. We have nothing to worry about from the dead, nor do they have anything to offer. Its the living ones that cause all the trouble.

BTW, supposedly both Lizzie's daddy and step-mom physically and sexually abused both her and her sister and was the motivation for the crime. No idea if true but either way they sure pissed her off something fierce. 

15 hours ago, BobDobbs said:

Meh, I would go, stuff like that always amused me, never scared me. We have nothing to worry about from the dead, nor do they have anything to offer. Its the living ones that cause all the trouble.

BTW, supposedly both Lizzie's daddy and step-mom physically and sexually abused both her and her sister and was the motivation for the crime. No idea if true but either way they sure pissed her off something fierce. 

You can see the scene in the movie when she's undressing to ax the father, he gets a smile on his face , I know it's just a movie but that scene led me to believe she was being molested by the father, didn't know about the step mom.

If your daughter is about to strip naked in front of you, your first reaction is going to be what the fuck are you doing? and lambaste her, not smile as if your going to get off on her being naked and have sex with her, so yeah I believe something was going on there in that house, and Lizzie got fed up.

26 minutes ago, redrum said:

I've been to Alcatraz a couple times and it's also supposed to be haunted. Always wanted to do the night tour, but it's a rip off at $50+.

Alcatraz Island at Night San Francisco, California CA Original Vintage  Postcard at Amazon's Entertainment Collectibles StoreEscape From Alcatraz - Lobby card with Clint Eastwood

I went there on a daytime tour in spring 2009 and was rather surprised by how small the actual prison is. No wonder why they closed it, even if the place had not started to fall apart as a result of saltwater erosion it should have been shut down anyway. I can only imagine the cost of running such a small place and the supply hassles for such a small prison population of around 263 on average with the most being 302  in 1937 (312 max capacity). It was the most expensive prison to run during the period of its operation.

Edited by BobDobbs

2 hours ago, BobDobbs said:

I went there on a daytime tour in spring 2009 and was rather surprised by how small the actual prison is. No wonder why they closed it, even if the place had not started to fall apart as a result of saltwater erosion it should have been shut down anyway. I can only imagine the cost of running such a small place and the supply hassles for such a small prison population of around 263 on average with the most being 302  in 1937 (312 max capacity). It was the most expensive prison to run during the period of its operation.

It was for the hard core boys. Check this out. Kind of bloody, but that is one big shark.

14 hours ago, redrum said:

If anyone deserved the electric chair, it was the fiend Albert Fish.

Albert Fish was an American serial killer, child rapist and cannibal. He was also known as the Gray Man, the Werewolf of Wysteria, the Brooklyn Vampire.

The Serial Killer Podcast #3 - Albert Fish - YouTube

Yes I read about him, he’s also supposedly the idea for Stephen king’s Mr. Gray I heard.

Edited by RainbowElf