Spats' Loveblahblahblah Thread

Lake of Shadows

And which era would that be that meant your viewpoints differ on what it means to be a man? Enlighten me, Spats, what exactly does it mean (for you, at least) to be 'old fashioned'?

You are different to Rock Action - he's a man, and you're not. No matter what your idea of it is.

To me old fashioned is the guy doing everything. The approaching, the asking out, the taking out, the paying, the asking out again, and on and on. It's all the man's responsibility. Opening car doors, pulling out chairs buying flowers and list goes on. And the woman doing nothing. Too me it's all one sided. That's old fashioned to me. Putting strict roles on the two genders.

I am just directing it at relationhips and dating.

Modern to me is women contributing just as much. I consider Rock to be old fashioned because he thinks the man should be the one to do all of that.

And another old fashioned attitude is that the man should be brave and fearless no matter what and not have his feelings hurt and always put the woman first and be completely selfless.

To me old fashioned is the guy doing everything. The approaching, the asking out, the taking out, the paying, the asking out again, and on and on. It's all the man's responsibility. Opening car doors, pulling out chairs buying flowers and list goes on. And the woman doing nothing. Too me it's all one sided. That's old fashioned to me. Putting strict roles on the two genders.

I am just directing it at relationhips and dating.

Modern to me is women contributing just as much. I consider Rock to be old fashioned because he thinks the man should be the one to do all of that.

And another old fashioned attitude is that the man should be brave and fearless no matter what and not have his feelings hurt and always put the woman first and be completely selfless.

You don't think it's for men to be chilvarous, yet you're not gettin' any. Think of all those men that'll grow a pair tomorrow and give their crush or whoever a freakin' card. How many of them do you think we be getting laid because of it? Not like soppy bollocks, here. Pulling out chairs and buying flowers? Are you so bitter that those tiny acts are seen as old fashioned? I'd ask if you were on crack, but, frankly, crackheads still have more spine than you.

If all that shit seems like hard work to you, I suggest you date your hand. You'll never be dateless again.

You don't think it's for men to be chilvarous, yet you're not gettin' any. Think of all those men that'll grow a pair tomorrow and give their crush or whoever a freakin' card. How many of them do you think we be getting laid because of it? Not like soppy bollocks, here. Pulling out chairs and buying flowers? Are you so bitter that those tiny acts are seen as old fashioned? I'd ask if you were on crack, but, frankly, crackheads still have more spine than you.

If all that shit seems like hard work to you, I suggest you date your hand. You'll never be dateless again.

You actually think all of those men that do that will be getting some???? I think you are being too optimistic. Some yes. But not all. i know from experience. I just don't think it should be one sided. That what i am trying to say. The old fashioned attitude says it should be.

Do you have a romantic bone in your body, boyo? You're like the Grinch who stole Valentine.

It's far too late here to carry on with the same old shit. You want a grand old Valentine's day, I suggest you go on the interwebz, find some nice piccies of Sienna (or any other girl who does it for you) and store it all in the visual wank bank. Now you're set.

So, can we now close this monstrosity?

Do you have a romantic bone in your body, boyo? You're like the Grinch who stole Valentine.

It's far too late here to carry on with the same old shit. You want a grand old Valentine's day, I suggest you go on the interwebz, find some nice piccies of Sienna (or any other girl who does it for you) and store it all in the visual wank bank. Now you're set.

So, can we now close this monstrosity?

No, i am not a very romantic person. I can do things that are romantic if i have to but it don't feel romantic. But i have been touched if a girl i liked or dated did something nice for me. Or said something nice to me. I just don't like things one sided. Or always being expected to be the first to do it. It seems that's always the expectation. To be the first to do it. It seems to be alright if the any female involved does not take the lead but wrong if i don't take the lead.

I am glad you brought up Sienna Miller. I wish i could meet a woman like her. She seems to be such a free spirit. Who does not play by the rules. If she likes a dude she goes after him. Hell, she has broken up relationships. :o

I don't agree with that quote.That's not giving men enough credit. I have limits on what i will put with with to have a muffin. I have never been "owned" by a woman. I presume when they say "owned" them mean the dude is whipped.

I am glad you brought up Sienna Miller. I wish i could meet a woman like her. She seems to be such a free spirit. Who does not play by the rules. If she likes a dude she goes after him. Hell, she has broken up relationships. :o

And that's admirable to you, is it?

Yes, I admit. Homewreckers are so sexy. Oh, how I admire their free spirit and complete disregard for families...

:slapface:

You are in deep trouble. You can't even get a first date. Most people can get a first date. I'm serious, go talk to a therapist.

Yes i can get a date if the circumstances and situation are right. Miscomunication or lack of it has been causing it not to happen. Primarily on their part.

And that's admirable to you, is it?

Yes, I admit. Homewreckers are so sexy. Oh, how I admire their free spirit and complete disregard for families...

:slapface:

I am not saying that's a admirable quality of hers. I am using it as an example of how she goes after what she wants. That actor Baltazar Getty or whatever his name is left his wife for Sienna.

I don't agree with that quote.That's not giving men enough credit. I have limits on what i will put with with to have a muffin. I have never been "owned" by a woman. I presume when they say "owned" them mean the dude is whipped.

You keep your pride and I'll let you know later how good the muffin was :D

:slapface: I gotta get outta here! :run:

You keep your pride and I'll let you know later how good the muffin was :D

:slapface: I gotta get outta here! :run:

A person has to keep their pride and dignity. A guy can't lose that over a woman. It's funny how other guys tell me to "be a man" and then they do whatever it takes to get a woman or make her happy. :rolleyes: Doesn't that opinion and action contradict itself?

Last summer down at Harbourfront i got drunk and sang Happy Birthday to this girl I wanted to hook up with. I would have never done that sober. What did i get out of making a fool of myself??? NOTHING. Except her telling a friend of mine that it was cute. But i got nothing else out of making a fool of myself excpet feeling embarrassed after i sobered up. :o

I made the mistake of going to the movies on Valentines day. It was packed with couples. I went to see Slumdog Millionaire again. I think i was pretty much the only one there by themselves. I stayed away from the chick flicks "confessions of a Shopaholic" and "he's just not that into you". They were sold out not surprisingly. I am sure tons of guys were talked into going to see those. From what i could tell the guys were doing everything. Paying and going and getting the popcorn and drinks while the girlfriends sat and waited in their seats. It pretty much confirms that Valentines days is for the women. because the guys were doing everything. There were women with roses, the whole deal. :rolleyes: The dudes didn't seem to be getting anything out of it. But it was just scary how many couples there were. I must have stuck out like a sore thumb. :o

On sunday me and a couple friends went to see this weird perfromance artist type guy perform at the this club and it turns out this place attracts a lot of college/university women and a little older. Wow. I wish i could go back in time to college. (The women i went to college with were pretty forward and would approach you. :P) I don't think there was a bad looking women in the place. And it was a pretty quiet club. Not loud. It was laid back. None of the women approached us unfortunately. The only thing that pissed me off was that they went over and chatted up a couple women leaving me sitting on my own. But overall It was a nicer atmosphere then most of the clubs i go to. They suggested i go back there and see what happens.

From what i could tell the guys were doing everything. Paying and going and getting the popcorn and drinks while the girlfriends sat and waited in their seats. It pretty much confirms that Valentines days is for the women. because the guys were doing everything. There were women with roses, the whole deal. :rolleyes: But it was just scary how many couples there were.

I guess observing normal hetero interaction is like watching Animal Planet for you, huh?

I guess observing normal hetero interaction is like watching Animal Planet for you, huh?

It was not really interaction. More like the dudes waiting hand and foot on their woman. Like women out with their errand boys or servants. :rolleyes: The women weren't really giving anything back or doing anything in return. Just sitting back and enjoying it. I wouldn't call it interaction. It was probably even worse at the chick flicks if that's possible. Although there is some romance in it, i wouldn't call Slumdog Millionaire a chick flick.

It was not really interaction. More like the dudes waiting hand and foot on their woman. Like women out with their errand boys or servants. :rolleyes: The women weren't really giving anything back or doing anything in return. Just sitting back and enjoying it. I wouldn't call it interaction. It was probably even worse at the chick flicks if that's possible. Although there is some romance in it, i wouldn't call Slumdog Millionaire a chick flick.

To be honest, I'm glad we hardly ever go out to the movies anymore. But that's because I don't care about movies at all, and used to consider "errand boy" trips as getting a break. I find that doing simple things like cooking or going to the park with her more and more rewarding as time goes by.

To be honest, I'm glad we hardly ever go out to the movies anymore. But that's because I don't care about movies at all, and used to consider "errand boy" trips as getting a break. I find that doing simple things like cooking or going to the park with her more and more rewarding as time goes by.

Why did you consider "errand boy" nights as getting a break??? :o It's painful to watch dudes out in public acting like a waiter when they are out with their women. If that is considered "normal hetero behavior" then there is something wrong. It sends the message that she is more important that him.

Why did you consider "errand boy" nights as getting a break??? :o It's painful to watch dudes out in public acting like a waiter when they are out with their women. If that is considered "normal hetero behavior" then there is something wrong. It sends the message that she is more important that him.

She is more important than me, at least 99 % of the time. I don't keep tabs on who gets more "service", or what other guy has a model looking girl. Resentment is a tough thing to bring yourself out of - there's enough of it in other aspects of life, I don't need it interfering with staying in an important relationship. (That said, I do still get pissed off when I'm requested to hold her pocketbook - even a chump like me has to draw the line somewhere)

She is more important than me, at least 99 % of the time. I don't keep tabs on who gets more "service", or what other guy has a model looking girl. Resentment is a tough thing to bring yourself out of - there's enough of it in other aspects of life, I don't need it interfering with staying in an important relationship. (That said, I do still get pissed off when I'm requested to hold her pocketbook - even a chump like me has to draw the line somewhere)

She is more important than you 99% of the time???? :o:o A dude should not have that attitude or else it will be all about her. There are two people in the relationship. It's wrong if one is doing more than the other.

If the dude is paying for the tickets she should at least pay for the food and actually get it. The dude should not be doing all of like i witnessed. It's just not right. Those dudes i saw just looked whipped. It's one thing if the dude thinks she is more important than him but if she also thinks it then there will be a lot more movie nights like that.

I do keep tabs on stuff like that like who is contributing more and if i see a dude with a prettier woman than i am with. I get jealous over stuff like that and wish i had it better like that guy does. I can't really help being resentfull of things like that.

:blink::blink::blink:

Get a life. Seriously.

I guess i should not a expect women to agree with me because my opinion on how datign should be does not benefit them. The way things are with dating and relationships benefit them more than men.

I guess i should not a expect women to agree with me because my opinion on how datign should be does not benefit them. The way things are with dating and relationships benefit them more than men.

None of the men here agree with you either, cowboy. Because your opinions on dating and relationships are ass-backwards upside down wrong.

I think I am going to start up a collection for you to get yourself one of these:

Perfect Woman for You

She'd be perfect for you. You could spend all the time you want with your "buddies" and she'd never get upset. You wouldn't ever have to buy her gifts, or take her on "expensive" dates. She wouldn't care if you dated other girls. You could have all the "fun" you wanted without actually having to get emotionally involved with another living person. And when you're done with her, you can just throw her in the closet until you need her again.

Archived