Stop it now ! Zeppelin are NOT heavy metal..OK !

No1ZeppelinFan

I think pretty much we all do back you up. Metal? Advantage Sabbath.

Zeppelin were heavy, but never metal. As I said in a similar thread, I think "Metal" began in truth the day Rob Halford went into his first S&M shop. Saxon. Tygers of Pantang..

Yeah, Metal started with Sabbath.

Anyone who says different has their dates crossed.

Metal ain't about William Burroughs. It ain't about Steppenwolf or Blue Cheer.

It's about Metal. And Diamondhead and Mercyful Fate. Not Def Leppard.]

Zeppelin Metal? NEVER. Just the heaviest non-metal band ever! Metal bands wish they could be as heavy as Zeppelin.

Ahhh Diamond Head. Sean Harris always wanted to be Percy though.

"Wanted to be" would be the operative term! :lol:

I should go to bed Whyalla. It's almost dawn! Love you mate, but if Angi wakes up and sees me still on the computer at 5 in the morning...Well, you know! "Up all night???" Cheers! :lol:

"Wanted to be" would be the operative term! :lol:

I should go to bed Whyalla. It's almost dawn! Love you mate, but if Angi wakes up and sees me still on the computer at 5 in the morning...Well, you know! "Up all night???" Cheers! :lol:

:whistling: I know where your at mate - sweet dreams.

:lol::lol::lol:

'A reference for the rest of us'. - What does that mean?

Oh I don't know. I just did the Zeppelin thing. I could go over the other bits and refine it...

Oh, hi honey. No just posting. You know. Bed? Yeah, I guess so. I am kinda sleepy.

Now I'm in trouble. Dammit Whyalla! :hysterical:

Really peeves me off that people refer to Zeppelin as "Heavy Metal" or "Metal" they are NOT, They are a Rock band, Even Plant himself hates them being refered to as this. Come on who's backing me up here? :D

correct theyre the heaviest rock band

I think pretty much we all do back you up. Metal? Advantage Sabbath.

Zeppelin were heavy, but never metal. As I said in a similar thread, I think "Metal" began in truth the day Rob Halford went into his first S&M shop. Saxon. Tygers of Pantang..

Yeah, Metal started with Sabbath.

Anyone who says different has their dates crossed.

Metal ain't about William Burroughs. It ain't about Steppenwolf or Blue Cheer.

It's about Metal. And Diamondhead and Mercyful Fate. Not Def Leppard.]

Zeppelin Metal? NEVER. Just the heaviest non-metal band ever! Metal bands wish they could be as heavy as Zeppelin.

Very well said EV. I am a big music fan and own thousands of albums, from every genre and Led Zeppelin WERE NOT metal. In my opinion, it is hard to class them as they have a wide spectrum of songs styles (just take Hot Dog for example). I feel they are in a class of their own. If I were to class them in general terms, it would be in the Rock/Blues category.

Really peeves me off that people refer to Zeppelin as "Heavy Metal" or "Metal" they are NOT, They are a Rock band, Even Plant himself hates them being refered to as this. Come on who's backing me up here? :D

Amen! :thanku:

Ok Guys first post in this forum, but I've been a Zep fan since I was 15 and that was in the 70's - nuff said on that. Led Zep are a rock band, they are a blues band, they are a folk band; they are not, never were and never will be a metal band - period!

Archived