New AC/DC Album: Black Ice!

Lupen

AC/DC's 'Black Ice' Set For Release October 20th

Columbia Records announced today the October 20th release of AC/DC's widely-anticipated Black Ice, the band's first studio album in eight years. Black Ice features 15 new tracks from brothers Angus and Malcolm Young, Brian Johnson, Cliff Williams, and Phil Rudd. The album was produced by Brendan O'Brien at the Warehouse Studio in Vancouver, BC.

"Rock 'N' Roll Train," the album's first single, will debut on August 28th. The video will premiere in September. And the band is set to kick off its first world tour since 2001 in late October.

Black Ice will be sold in the US exclusively at Wal-Mart and Sam's Club retail locations at the special price of $ 11.88. Online, the CD will be available with free shipping and handling via the band's website, www.acdc.com. It will also be sold at Walmart.com and Samsclub.com.

Black Ice is currently available for pre-order at www.acdc.com and Walmart.com.

No Bull: The Directors Cut, a newly edited, comprehensive HD DVD of the band's famed July 1996 Plaza De Toros De Las Ventas concert in Madrid , Spain, will be released on September 9, 2008 and is currently available for pre-order.

www.acdc.com

-----------

And it's track list:

Track Listing:

1. Rock ’n Roll Train

2. Skies On Fire

3. Big Jack

4. Anything Goes

5. War Machine

6. Smash N Grab

7. Spoilin’ For A Fight

8. Wheels

9. Decibel

10. Stormy May Day

11. She Likes Rock N Roll

12. Money Made

13. Rock N Roll Dream

14. Rocking All The Way

15. Black Ice

October 20. We're waiting... :)

A YouTube-er who claims that he attended to the video-shoot posted a video where he tries to replicate the guitar work on "Rock n' Roll Train".

Well it sounds like something they would do, will have to see or hear when it comes out if he was near the mark !!

but i think Phil Rudd and Cliff Williams are incredibly boring. They dont do shit.

Don't know 'bout Williams, but Rudd started to bore me a bit too. Chris Slade was more my type. He was a machine, doing things a bit more complex than Rudd (although AC/DC's style is pretty simple, in every way) and he was always smiling. He seemed to enjoy the shows more.

But anyway, it's much easier to entertain the people as a guitarist than as a drummer, having the freedom of moving around and all.

Yeah, that's AC/DC. Simple, tough rock 'n' roll.

But I think that if the drums and bass parts were more complex, it wouldn't be AC/DC no more.

Others:

Saluting AC/DC

A STAR-STUDDED line-up of local and international artists will stage a tribute concert to AC/DC at this year's Adelaide International Guitar Festival.

The AC/DC We Salute You concert will close the festival on December 7 with main-stage acts performing their favorite AC/DC songs.

Two former band members will be among about 30 musicians at Elder Park to celebrate the iconic Australian rock band.

Original vocalist Dave Evans is travelling from his home in Texas, in the United States, and early bass player Mark Evans from Sydney.

Full Article!

Pics from the AC/DC video-shoot for 'Rock 'n Roll Train'

And

is killing me. Just fukin' spell AC/DC !

AC/DC's Black Ice Review

Bob Lefsetz - the American music industry figure and author of the email newsletter and blog, the Lefsetz Letter, has issued the following review of AC/DC's new album, Black Ice, which will be released on October 20th through Columbia Records.

Read the whole article here!

Now this got me even more excited about the album. Hope Wal-Mart will post those song previews pretty soon. I wonder how Rock 'n Roll Dream sounds like. Well, I know it will rock, like any other song from the boys. But man, AC/DC does a sensitive song! Can't wait to hear it!

Agreed, but I'm not just talking about live. Even on the album, rhythm section is boring. I mean the bass and drums are just plain simple...can't even take them seriously.

They are what they are. Steady and tight as hell. AC/DC is a beat driven band and they make no excuses for it. As a unit, I think they are a great rhythm section. :)

ATTENTION PLEASE!!!

A preview (30 sec) for the single Rock 'n Roll Train from AC/DC's new album Black Ice is now available.

Click here to listen to it!

It was also published ot AC/DC's MySpace page.

Whether is the real thing or not, we'll se when the song previews from Wal-Mart will be published.

AC/DC Italia fansite reports that AC/DC's Black Ice will be available in three colors, each one with different graphics too!

People got excited about 'Black Ice'. Some of the band's albums reached some high positions in this week's ARIA chart.

The mysterious 30 second sample of Rock 'N Roll Train published on AC/DC's MySpace disappeared as quickly as it appeared.

And guess what, SoloDallas, the YouTube guy who covers AC/DC songs like no other is back!

More here!

The Song Is Here!

The song is streaming non-stop at AC/DC's official website.

You can also find it at AC/DC's MySpace and on YouTube (poor quality).

The song is pure AC/DC, good old rock 'n roll, catchy riff, Brian's vocals are more than I (and others) have expected. All that topped with Angus' explosive solo...one hell of a song! Can't wait to get my hands on the full album!

later edit> found another YT vid, better quality this time!

More here!

Archived