METALLICA's New Single Is Here!

The Pagemeister

World Premiere Of "Death Magnetic"

XM Mandatory Metallica presents the World Premier Of "Death Magnetic". It's a one hour plus live broadcast with all 4 members of the band Metallica. Be the first to hear music selections from Metallica's ninth studio album of original material before it hits streets September 12.

Broadcast Schedule:

Thursday, September 4 at 9PM ET

Mandatory Metallica - XM 51

A little taste of Death

http://www.metallica.com/index.asp?item=601104

The Day That Never Comes

http://www.metallica.com/index.asp?item=601119

I saw this posted on another forum, had to share.

1219687279176.jpg

Anyway, the new stuff sucks in my opinion. Just because it sucks slightly less than St. Anger is no reason to heap all sorts of praise on it, it still sucks pretty damn badly.

LOL@ that picture.

I have to respectfully disagree with you.

The new CD, Death Magnetic, does not suck.

It's the very opposite of suckage.

1219687279176.jpg

Robert Trujillo looks a bit out of his element, but James looks somewhat comfortable. :unsure:

I like the new song, and they will always be one of my favorite bands to see live. I can't wait for them to announce a show here.

I ask, what real competition, as records released goes, does Metallica have right now ? ? ?

They are a Big fish in a small pond.

Perhaps this album is worth hearing...

I tend to think I might spend my hard-earned dollars on going to see AC/DC, or perhaps even Judas Priest, when they headline later this year, and next year....

I don't know, I've listened to the album several times, and I just can't love it. I don't hate it, but I just can't get on board with the immense fellating this album is getting.

Trujillo is awesome, as he always is. James' riffing really is fantastic on this album, but he's never really had a problem with that. Kirk's playing is pretty good, but really his solos just strike me more of trying too hard(Which the album gives me a big vibe of overall). Like they were all "Let's try to make an album our old school fans will dig, so Kirk just go nuts! Screw putting the time in, just make it sound complex like Justice!" All in all, I am glad the solos are back though. James' vocals grate me on some songs, and a few I really like them. My main beef with his singing is some of the melodies he sing in sound annoying. The lyrics throughout the entire album are basically really cheesy. This album is good, not great, and what St. Anger should have been.

I also think if this album followed any album other than St. Anger, possibly even Reload, it does not get near the mass love it does. It's a good album following a giant steaming pile of shit.

Well, I have just bought Death Magnetic. I have listened to it a few times already, on loud speakers and I just love it. It's pure and simple METALLICA.

I have been a fan since their " Kill 'em All" album (1983) and whatever people say I still think they are one of the greatest heavy metal bands ever.

Archived