METALLICA's New Single Is Here!

The Pagemeister

METALLICA's New Single Is Here! - Aug. 21, 2008

METALLICA's new single, "The Day That Never Comes", is available for streaming right now:

Windows Media

Real Media

MySpace

METALLICA's new album, "Death Magnetic", is scheduled for release on September 12.

You're links don't work for me, however I was able to access the song from Metallica.com

I don't know if I like "The Day That Never Comes" as much as I like "Cyanide" though.

A little taste of Death

http://www.metallica.com/index.asp?item=601104

A few of these clips sound like something I really want to hear the rest of. :)

#4, #5, #7

The drums sound like some buckets.

I actually thought this single was awesome.... I think that the new album will be a breath of fresh air after St. Anger. If you thought the drums are bad on this track, please go back and listen to St. Anger and see if you can figure out what trash can Lars is banging on throughout that entire record!

I am looking forward to seeing them when they make a stop here in Houston in November. I am curious to see Down as I have never seen them... and that band The Sword is supposedly an Austin band although I am not familiar with them. Anyone heard much from them?

My Apocalypse is not so good either. In fact, I think TDTNCO is better. Where's the musicality, man?!

"

I don't know... I have to disagree with you. I like that track, too. When you say "musicality," are you looking for a reggae beat or something? This isn't the Black album redone by any means, but it certainly is closer to Justice than anything they have put out in a long time.

Most "old school" Metallica fans are saying that this is Metallica-reborn. I don't know if I would go that far just yet not having heard whole the album, but it is a step in the right direction for me.

I don't know... I have to disagree with you. I like that track, too. When you say "musicality," are you looking for a reggae beat or something? This isn't the Black album redone by any means, but it certainly is closer to Justice than anything they have put out in a long time.

Most "old school" Metallica fans are saying that this is Metallica-reborn. I don't know if I would go that far just yet not having heard whole the album, but it is a step in the right direction for me.

Well, I'm not the biggest Tallica fan, but when I think about them I think about Nothing else matters, Unforgiven, One (mostly ballads). And this one (the Apocalypse one) isn't my cup of tea.

I tend to like more the other one, The Day That Never Comes.

But hey, if you like it that's fine with me! :)

Well, I'm not the biggest Tallica fan, but when I think about them I think about Nothing else matters, Unforgiven, One (mostly ballads). And this one (the Apocalypse one) isn't my cup of tea.

Ahhh... I see where you are coming from now. Makes a lot more sense to me... Keep posting as the new stuff comes out so we can compare notes!

Of course, if we get bored maybe we can all compare the new Metallica album with whatever Page, Jones, and Bonham come out with??? Orrr... we could throw the Foo Fighters new album/DVD in there for discussion as well!

Good Times!

Well see, that's not really fair then coz you are more of an AC/DC fan then a tallica fan.

I love both bands and for different reasons.

Archived