How is your collection of zeppelin?

LedZep1969

I don't really see myself as a collector of LZ stuff - I just happen to have nearly all the music all the members of the band have ever recorded! :lol:

That now includes a pretty good collection of bootlegs. They were always hard to get in this country - but thanks to my friends in the fan community, and to the internet in general, this has changed for the better. :thumbsup:

I'm very interested in the band's history, so I do have some of the literature - about 43 or 44 books, and more than 120 mags. It's fun to have, but I still see that mainly as info, rather than collector's items. :)

I don't really see myself as a collector of LZ stuff - I just happen to have nearly all the music all the members of the band have ever recorded! :lol:

That now includes a pretty good collection of bootlegs. They were always hard to get in this country - but thanks to my friends in the fan community, and to the internet in general, this has changed for the better. :thumbsup:

I'm very interested in the band's history, so I do have some of the literature - about 43 or 44 books, and more than 120 mags. It's fun to have, but I still see that mainly as info, rather than collector's items. :)

43 - 44 books? Wow. When I was a kid, I had one, and I took it with me to the table for Passover one year, really pissed off my mother, but it was instinct. As a teen I used to buy anything Zep I could find, but that was a long time ago. I'm down to a lot of scratched cd's. My ex broke a few of them. He didn't like me listening to Zep.

One incident was rather freaky. He smashed a cd on the floor and a shard came flying up towards my face. It stopped in mid air about a mm before my eyeball and went straight down onto the floor. I looked at him and he looked at me, and I saw the look on his face. That wasn't normal. That was divine intervention and he knew it. Something that happens all the time in my life yet he loved to deny it. I finally walked...

I am grateful for this board and You Tube and stuff. I get my fix that way now, but I've been listening to a lot more middle eastern music over the past handful of years.

Why do you suppose Jimmy was trying so hard to get rid of all the bootlegs?

I think I need to start building my collection again. For a while there I was getting whatever I could on them, but then gradually stopped. It would be nice to get some more Plant solo shows. I didn't really focus too much on that.

I remember buying my very first bootleg recording back in 79.

And it was actually Knebworth from the same year. Aug. 4/79.

That was my beginning.

200 bootleg vinyl LP's later came the evolution of CD's.

And also the start of VHS footage --- early 80's.

And then came this little miracle called the internet.

Since then it's safe to assume that almost every show in circulation is down-loadable.

Thanks to the many torrent sites and cool traders , it's fairly easy these days to accumulate the entire catalogue of known shows by Zeppelin. It just takes time.

The real question is how long does it actually take to listen to it all ????

With 99% of every known show in my collection , I'm still only at 50% listening .

It's incredibly time consuming . Especially when you add in all the solo projects.

By the time a year goes by , I find I've forgotten what I heard the year before at times.

With the exception of those classic stand-out performances.

I'm more of a video watcher then audio listener.

It would take me 30 days with no sleep to watch all the tapes and DVD's.

Where does it end !!! lol

It doesn't , I need more .

Rock n Roll

That now includes a pretty good collection of bootlegs. They were always hard to get in this country

Otto I've a special question for you: what do you know about led zeppelin albums pressed in iceland?

I've a couple and I think there are probably 3 or 4, but I'm not sure. Do you?

It'll be really helpful for my discography

Otto I've a special question for you: what do you know about led zeppelin albums pressed in iceland?

Sorry Luke, I don't know - not a collector. I only use CDs nowadays, but my old vinyl Zep was pressed in either Germany or the UK, as far as I remember.

• 5 years later...

I got Zep I, II, III, PG, then my gf bought me full box set with all 9 including the bonus tracks on Coda. I also got BCC Sessions, TSRTS, a downloaded copy of HTWWW, Celebration Day. So everything official! Then a boot copy of Communication Breakdown (8 live songs from 1969-71 similar to BCC) and a downloaded boot from New Orleans 73. I will double it as soon as I come across additional albums!

Besides all their albums, I have maybe 70 shows (via the internet, so nothing special). I pretty much have everything I want. Now I'm just filling in the gaps. I really need more hard drive space and to get it all organized xD

Question - I have a promo CD version of the BBC Sessions (From a radio station). Is it worth anything? I know i's probably not, just throwing it out there. Thanks

I picked up LZIII, IV, & HOTH all pressed in Iceland & all via eBay. I dig the different labels on the Iceland presses; but my Houses has a nice one inch scratch & my LZ III is in a VG condition. I did score 2 LZ IV pressings from Taiwan - pretty cool covers... I dig the Iceland stuff & would like to collect all the LZ Iceland catalog as well as a tape of their one off show there in 1970!

• 3 weeks later...

I picked up LZIII, IV, & HOTH all pressed in Iceland & all via eBay. I dig the different labels on the Iceland presses; but my Houses has a nice one inch scratch & my LZ III is in a VG condition. I did score 2 LZ IV pressings from Taiwan - pretty cool covers... I dig the Iceland stuff & would like to collect all the LZ Iceland catalog as well as a tape of their one off show there in 1970!

56_ice_label.jpg

Here is first for you

I have about 5 books,all the cd's , all the dvd's made and some bootlegs I made...years ago I decided to sell all my vinyl in a rummage sale ,never thinking I would want it again,crying thinking about it

Archived