Obama is wrong

THE FIRST LEDZEP

Obama is wrong :D

Something positive can always be said for such a consice statement as this. Of course Obama is wrong. He was wrong on the surge. Wrong on supporting partial birth abortions. Wrong on cutting off funding for our soldiers. Wrong on support for Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. And wrong on allowing his family to sit in a church for many years where his 'spirtual advisor' spewed hatred and moronic dribble.

Obama IS wrong, and that should be obvious.

Point is, he says that over and over again.

Just another guy on the list of stupid people in the world...

And I would argue that most of the stupid people will be voting for Obama. Therefore, those who are not against McCain are for him.

It's not personal, it's just politics my young Jedi apprentice.

We'll take any votes we can get.

;)

Something positive can always be said for such a consice statement as this. Of course Obama is wrong. He was wrong on the surge. Wrong on supporting partial birth abortions. Wrong on cutting off funding for our soldiers. Wrong on support for Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. And wrong on allowing his family to sit in a church for many years where his 'spirtual advisor' spewed hatred and moronic dribble.

Obama IS wrong, and that should be obvious.

The surge was a late effort, and the war has dragged on YEARS too long. So Bush is wrong on the WAR.

Abortion is a woman's decision. When you get pregnant, you can decide what to do with your body.

McCain doesn't care about the troops, and lies about it (and lies about Obama's voting record):

http://thinkprogress.org/2008/04/10/mccain-gi-bill-view/

McCain Says Troops Need ‘Significant Educational Benefits,’ But Still Won’t Sign Onto New GI Bill»

On ABC’s The View this morning, Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) was asked about the great strain placed on U.S. troops due to the Iraq war. McCain recognized the strain and said that in order to motivate Americans to join the military, the government should provide stronger “educational benefits”:

There a certain number who will join out of patriotism, thank God. And then there’s those who turn 18 or 19 or 20 or 21, and they look at their options. And one of the thing we ought to do is provide them significant educational benefits in return for serving. Americans will always serve their country. Americans will, if they’re motivated to do so.

Watch it:

McCain’s support of “significant educational benefits” is ironic, considering that he is still “hedging on whether he will support a ‘GI Bill for the 21st Century,’” as Jon Soltz and Gen. Wesley Clark note in today’s LA Times. That bill, sponsored by Sens. Jim Webb (D-VA) and Chuck Hagel (R-NE), would help fund higher education for service members who had served in active duty since 9/11.

“As de facto leader of the party, McCain could signal to other Republicans to sign on to the bill and assure passage,” Soltz and Clark note. VoteVets and BraveNewFilms has released a video on the new GI Bill and McCain. Watch it:

On the View, McCain said, “that’s what I believe I can do as President,” referring to implementing the benefits for troops. Curiously, he won’t do it now.

UpdateThe Washington Independent notes that a McCain spokeswoman said Wednesday he has "not yet made a determination." The bill, however, is a year old.

................................................................................

.................................................................................

http://mediamatters.org/items/200806040002

Wed, Jun 4, 2008 1:47pm ET

Send to a friend Print Version

Ignoring McCain's own votes against troop funding, AP, LA Times uncritically quoted his attacks on Obama

Summary: The AP and the Los Angeles Times quoted Sen. John McCain's assertion that Sen. Barack Obama voted "to deny funds to the soldiers who have done a brilliant and brave job" in Iraq, without noting that McCain himself voted against bills that would have provided "funds to the soldiers" serving in Afghanistan and Iraq.

Reporting on Sen. Barack Obama clinching the Democratic presidential nomination on June 3, two separate AP articles and a Los Angeles Times report uncritically quoted Sen. John McCain's assertion that day that Obama voted "to deny funds to the soldiers who have done a brilliant and brave job" in Iraq. Yet, in these articles, neither the AP nor the Times pointed out that McCain himself voted against legislation that would have provided "funds to the soldiers" serving in Afghanistan and Iraq and directed more than $1 billion to the Department of Veterans Affairs, as well as other legislation funding care for veterans.

A June 3 AP article by staff writer Libby Quaid stated, "Republican John McCain welcomed Democrat Barack Obama to the fall campaign for the White House on Tuesday with a blistering attack on his judgment and a charge that he 'voted to deny funds to the soldiers who have done a brilliant and brave job' in Iraq." Quaid later wrote:

"Senator Obama opposed the new strategy, and, after promising not to, voted to deny funds to the soldiers who have done a brilliant and brave job of carrying it out," McCain said.

A year ago, Obama voted against a funding bill for the Iraq war because it lacked a timetable for withdrawing troops. At the time, Obama said the bill would give Bush "a blank check to continue down this same, disastrous path."

On June 4, AP staff writers Tom Raum and Nedra Pickler reported:

McCain spoke first, in New Orleans, and he accused his younger rival of voting "to deny funds to the soldiers who have done a brilliant and brave job" in Iraq. It was a reference to 2007 legislation to pay for the Iraq war, a measure Obama opposed citing the lack of a timetable for withdrawing troops.

Similarly, in the June 4 Los Angeles Times article, writers Mark Z. Barabak and Michael Finnegan reported:

McCain brought up the war in a prime-time speech he delivered outside New Orleans, just before Clinton and Obama spoke. He accused Obama of voting "to deny funds to the soldiers who have done a brilliant and brave job" in Iraq -- referring to a 2007 war-funding bill that Obama opposed because it lacked a timetable for troop withdrawal.

None pointed out that on March 29, 2007, McCain himself voted against H.R. 1591, an emergency spending bill that would have funded the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq and would have provided more than $1 billion in additional funds to the Department of Veterans Affairs. The Senate passed H.R. 1591 by a margin of 51-47. Once the bill's conference report was agreed to by the House, the Senate again passed the measure on April 26, 2007, by a vote of 51-46. McCain did not vote on that version of the bill. By contrast, Obama voted for it on both occasions. President Bush vetoed the bill, citing its provision for a timetable for the withdrawal of troops from Iraq.

Moreover, McCain has voted against other legislation funding care for veterans. On April 26, 2006, McCain voted against an amendment by Sen. Daniel Akaka (D-HI) that would have "provide[d] an additional $430,000,000 for the Department of Veteran Affairs for Medical Services for outpatient care and treatment for veterans." In addition, on March 14, 2006, McCain voted against "increas[ing] Veterans medical services funding by $1.5 billion in FY 2007 to be paid for by closing corporate tax loopholes." On March 10, 2004, McCain also voted against "creat[ing] a reserve fund to allow for an increase in Veterans' medical care by $1.8 billion by eliminating tax loopholes." Obama voted for the first two measures; he had not yet entered the Senate when the third vote was cast.

The AP and Los Angeles Times articles continue a pattern, documented by Media Matters for America, in which the media uncritically report McCain's attacks on Democrats for voting against funding the troops, without noting that McCain has done so himself.

................................................................................

.................................................................................

I find it embarrasing that Republicans will point fingers at anyone when it comes to the Economy and the crisis we are in. We began 2000 with a large surplus, now our country is bankrupt for decades over. God, look in the mirror and look at your own party, Del. Bush and his incompetent Admin are the reason for this disaster. It's CLEAR AND SIMPLE. Why do you people have so much trouble owning up to it?

As for religion, Palin has just as much, if not more, religious brainwashing in her stupid head.

Abortion is a woman's decision. When you get pregnant, you can decide what to do with your body.

I said Obama was wrong on his vote in favor of partial birth abortions (those going late into the 9th month of a pregnancy).

So are you saying you agree with this? That an abortion done days if not moments before a viable fetus is ready to be born is okay on the basis that "it's a woman's body and her choice"?

You are aware that even the Roe V.Wade decision does not give the woman the right to that choice that late into a pregnancy. In the third trimester the state can in fact prohibit that and make it a crime. Even the crime of murder where you can prove malice in a court.

Obama is wrong on that, and it sounds like you are wrong on it too.

As for religion, Palin has just as much, if not more, religious brainwashing in her stupid head.

Another bigotted statement by the liberal left.

I thought you people were supposed to be the ones willing to embrace other people's spiritual views?

PLEASE DON"T FEED THE TROLLS!

I can't believe this thread is alive. We have 3 or 4 threads already discussing politics.

I respectfully request that the moderators remove this thread.

Why remove the thread after I went to all the trouble of saving it?

It's what I do.

I said Obama was wrong on his vote in favor of partial birth abortions (those going late into the 9th month of a pregnancy).

So are you saying you agree with this? That an abortion done days if not moments before a viable fetus is ready to be born is okay on the basis that "it's a woman's body and her choice"?

You are aware that even the Roe V.Wade decision does not give the woman the right to that choice that late into a pregnancy. In the third trimester the state can in fact prohibit that and make it a crime. Even the crime of murder where you can prove malice in a court.

Obama is wrong on that, and it sounds like you are wrong on it too.

Another bigotted statement by the liberal left.

I thought you people were supposed to be the ones willing to embrace other people's spiritual views?

Show me proof Obama believes this because i never heard him say it. No i do not agree with late term abortions, UNLESS it's a matter of the mom dying vs. the baby. I don't recall saying anywhere that i agree with this, so don't put words in my mouth, please. I have never had an abortion, so i have nothing to gain by believing women should have this right. As a woman, i am glad it exists. Once again, Comedian Joy Behar's famous statement, "Stay out of my Uterus!"

As for Palin and religion, i have seen the footage of her speaking at a school in Alaska just a few months ago. She sounded like a damned preacher. Palin said to paraphrase, she believes it's god's will we are in Iraq. Wake up call, Sarah, it was George W. Bush's will for us to be there!!!! She is "Pentecostal" and that is all i need to say about her religion. Palin is "extreme" in her views, therefore, i conclude, she has very narrow minded opinions on the world, outside of what little she knows. Del, tell me, was it her or her religious views that brought her to the librarian in search of "how can i get certain books banned?" I have no problem with other people's spirituality or religious beliefs IF it doesn't have any effect on mine or my life. If Palin gets into office, i am certain her views will adversely effect my life. Palin is a product of a long religious upbringing as much as you accuse Obama of. She therefore comes with the same fanatical views imho.

http://www.spiritualabuse.org/upcbeliefs.html .......... if you are interested in the Pentecostal religion.

So Del, how about McCain and that love for the troops? Heartwarming, eh?

Oh my God, he typed more than 4 words. Where are those champagne bottles.........?

Actually his psychiatric warder typed the words for him. Do you know how hard it is to type anything when wearing a straight jacket?

Show me proof Obama believes this because i never heard him say it. No i do not agree with late term abortions, UNLESS it's a matter of the mom dying vs. the baby....

Obama More Pro-Choice Than NARAL

by Amanda B. Carpenter

Sen. Barack Obama (D.-Ill.) portrays himself as a thoughtful Democrat who carefully considers both sides of controversial issues, but his radical stance on abortion puts him further left on that issue than even NARAL Pro-Choice America.

In 2002, as an Illinois legislator, Obama voted against the Induced Infant Liability Act, which would have protected babies that survived late-term abortions. That same year a similar federal law, the Born Alive Infant Protection Act, was signed by President Bush. Only 15 members of the U.S. House opposed it, and it passed the Senate unanimously on a voice vote.

Both the Illinois and the federal bill sought equal treatment for babies who survived premature inducement for the purpose of abortion and wanted babies who were born prematurely and given live-saving medical attention.Continued

When the federal bill was being debated, NARAL Pro-Choice America released a statement that said, “Consistent with our position last year, NARAL does not oppose passage of the Born Alive Infants Protection Act ... floor debate served to clarify the bill’s intent and assure us that it is not targeted at Roe v. Wade or a woman’s right to choose.”

But Obama voted against this bill in the Illinois senate and killed it in committee. Twice, the Induced Infant Liability Act came up in the Judiciary Committee on which he served. At its first reading he voted “present.” At the second he voted “no.”

The bill was then referred to the senate’s Health and Human Services Committee, which Obama chaired after the Illinois Senate went Democratic in 2003. As chairman, he never called the bill up for a vote.

Jill Stanek, a registered delivery-ward nurse who was the prime mover behind the legislation after she witnessed aborted babies’ being born alive and left to die, testified twice before Obama in support of the Induced Infant Liability Act bills. She also testified before the U.S. Congress in support of the Born Alive Infant Protection Act.

Stanek told me her testimony “did not faze” Obama.

In the second hearing, Stanek said, “I brought pictures in and presented them to the committee of very premature babies from my neonatal resuscitation book from the American Pediatric Association, trying to show them unwanted babies were being cast aside. Babies the same age were being treated if they were wanted!”

“And those pictures didn’t faze him [Obama] at all,” she said.

At the end of the hearing, according to the official records of the Illinois State senate, Obama thanked Stanek for being “very clear and forthright,” but said his concern was that Stanek had suggested “doctors really don’t care about children who are being born with a reasonable prospect of life because they are so locked into their pro-abortion views that they would watch an infant that is viable die.” He told her, “That may be your assessment, and I don’t see any evidence of that. What we are doing here is to create one more burden on a woman and I can’t support that.”

As a senator, Obama has opposed measures to criminalize those who transport minors across state lines for the purpose of obtaining an abortion.

At a townhall meeting in Ottawa, Ill., Joanne Resendiz, a teacher and mother of five, asked him: “How are you going to vote on this, keeping in mind that 10, 15 years down the line your daughters, God forbid, could be transported across state lines?”

Obama said: “The decision generally is one that a woman should make.”

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=18647

also:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttF8s5XGVDw

Archived