TEC Awards

maven2blue

The first one is the Hall of Fame introduction. The second was record production album.

Great speeches. Very funny. My favorite quote from Plant:

"I'm going to become a maverick when I grow up" :lol:

My boyfriend was at the Fillmore in 1968, and he was always nice to me. Plus, he told me stories about Robert Plant and Jimmy Page.

I posted this in a TEC awards thread on another forum and just now decided to bring it over here. Maybe there on other people who feel the same as I do about Robert and Raising Sand.

After thinking about what he said about this project and putting it with other comments that he has made since Raising Sand began, I think that he has found something that he has spent much of his life looking for, something that has remained elusive till now. This goes beyond music. He radiates joy and seems at peace with himself, to me anyway. I can't say for certain what that "something" is but is probably involves the mental and maybe spiritual. Anyway, I'm happy that he is making music he enjoys and that it has brought him to a place where he found answers.

I posted this in a TEC awards thread on another forum and just now decided to bring it over here. Maybe there on other people who feel the same as I do about Robert and Raising Sand.

After thinking about what he said about this project and putting it with other comments that he has made since Raising Sand began, I think that he has found something that he has spent much of his life looking for, something that has remained elusive till now. This goes beyond music. He radiates joy and seems at peace with himself, to me anyway. I can't say for certain what that "something" is but is probably involves the mental and maybe spiritual. Anyway, I'm happy that he is making music he enjoys and that it has brought him to a place where he found answers.

Do people usually use expletives when they are radiating joy? His remarks were thoughtfully and passionately worded. In other words, he gave his usual lecture in Los Angeles.

That was a gas! As usual, half of what Robert says goes right over my head......but I could listen to him ramble on all night long. :wub:

The first one kept sticking every couple of seconds :( but I made it through anyway. :) Very entertaining, and I'm glad that Robert is now mid-Atlantic too. :D

That happens to me all the time, I call it the Buffering Zone. So what I've learned is to let it play all the way through on mute in a separate window whilst I do other things and then replay it and it usually plays through smoothly the second time.

The last weekend of the Raising Sand tour. About a week ago.

Were you in attendance Kentuckygirl? There was a quick pan of the audience in that first clip (maybe second one too, didn't watch that yet)

I feel the same way too maven2blue! I am happy that he is genuinely enjoying himself and still making great music! :D

That happens to me all the time, I call it the Buffering Zone. So what I've learned is to let it play all the way through on mute in a separate window whilst I do other things and then replay it and it usually plays through smoothly the second time.

Aha! Thanks, I'll try that next time> :)

Passionately - good one EL.

On some level maybe it's also something he'd never have thought he'd stumble upon, esp as he puts it, at this point.

Is this the end of public sightings of Mr. Plant, now that the Raising Sand tour has wrapped up?

Certainly hope not. He just makes one's day, doent he.

Archived