New Zep Book

Whole Lotta Led Zeppelin: The Illustrated History of the Heaviest Band of All Time (Hardcover)

Has anyone looked at this book? The inconsistensies are horrendous! I don't know how the author Jon Bream got all his info, but it looks like he put a google search for LZ in print. It has several mislabled pictures. Example-1973 tour pics labeled as 1975. A Seattle 1973 picture labeled as 1972. Us fans should form a LZ picture editing company. It seems that even the casual fans could identify 1973 outfits! The text was just as bad. He copied interviews from well known magazine articles that we have all read a thousand times. The good thing about that was that text was from the horses mouth. A lot of the info about Jimmy's gear was way off. Oh well, here is another source for new Led Zeppelin fans to learn wrong facts about the mighty Led. NEW FANS-go to this site for your correct Led Zeppelin facts. If you look at this book, just enjoy the pictures. Okay, I'm off my soapbox now.

• 2 weeks later...
Whole Lotta Led Zeppelin: The Illustrated History of the Heaviest Band of All Time (Hardcover)

Has anyone looked at this book? The inconsistensies are horrendous! I don't know how the author Jon Bream got all his info, but it looks like he put a google search for LZ in print. It has several mislabled pictures. Example-1973 tour pics labeled as 1975. A Seattle 1973 picture labeled as 1972. Us fans should form a LZ picture editing company. It seems that even the casual fans could identify 1973 outfits! The text was just as bad. He copied interviews from well known magazine articles that we have all read a thousand times. The good thing about that was that text was from the horses mouth. A lot of the info about Jimmy's gear was way off. Oh well, here is another source for new Led Zeppelin fans to learn wrong facts about the mighty Led. NEW FANS-go to this site for your correct Led Zeppelin facts. If you look at this book, just enjoy the pictures. Okay, I'm off my soapbox now.

Thanks, I intended to buy it, but now i'll buy the Mick Wall book. I own a few LZ books. There are so many books about lz, I think I know most about LZ that every fan should know. But its always interesting to read it, written by another person.

That book is about the photos.

I'm currently reading and almost done with "When The Levee Breaks: The Making of LED ZEPPELIN IV" by Andy Fyfe. Great book I love it!

Any other ones to recommend?

Led Zeppelin Talking

You won't find anything more accurate, since it contains quotes of the zeps themelves (or do they try to hide anything???)

Plus: Great rare pictures !!!

What's even more frustrating with that title is the complete lack of context. There are no dates nor published sources listed for the quotes.

It would be difficult for them to hide anything since it's Dave Lewis, not the band, who actually picked the quotes.

Meg

Led Zeppelin Talking

You won't find anything more accurate, since it contains quotes of the zeps themelves (or do they try to hide anything???)

Plus: Great rare pictures !!!

Edited by Meg Ireland