Physical Graffiti....a classic album under review.

poortom

I have just watched this, and didnt know it exsisted until my friend lent me it, i thought it was brilliant, interviewing Ron Nevison (engineer), Chris Dreja, Dave Lewis to name a few, it shows the original songs that Led Zeppelin "borrowed" to make there own versions, all in all i thought it was a fantastic viewing at an hour and a half long on how Physical Graffiti was made, if you can get your hands on a copy get it and watch it, very informative.

I have just watched this, and didnt know it exsisted until my friend lent me it, i thought it was brilliant, interviewing Ron Nevison (engineer), Chris Dreja, Dave Lewis to name a few, it shows the original songs that Led Zeppelin "borrowed" to make there own versions, all in all i thought it was a fantastic viewing at an hour and a half long on how Physical Graffiti was made, if you can get your hands on a copy get it and watch it, very informative.

Thanks for the review I will check it out.

Most of those type of releases I dont go for, but this one I might. Most of the stuff from interviews of such are rehashed and nothing new or of significant substance is offered. They're generally unauthorized with no music or video recording from the band included in the documentary.

As far as I'm concerned, Physical Graffiti is their Zenith.

Imo this record(s) where the perfect shift of gears, with the way the previous records were going. It just brought it back down to earth and yet still had the strength of the previous records. It also had more of a live element to it, which i thought they expressed really well on the 75 tour, with sick again and in my time of dying. It was the same for -presence, more real and less magic...although that could be said for all records i guess.

Prior to it's release I remember many fans were hoping that the band would put out a real rocker of an album. At the time, anyone who was reading Circus, or Hit Parader would have had a little heads up from Plant about some of the song names, Wanton Song, Custard Pie. There was a real excitement about it's upcoming release and I think everyone was pretty happy about the result. It openned a bunch of doors and caught the ear of many who had previously not been big Zeppelin fans. There's something for everyone on that album B)

• 4 months later...

Physical Graffiti was my first Zep album. My mom bought it for me for Christmas! LOL! It was a great album, for sure. I was actually really suprised that my mom decided to buy it because it was considered a hard rock album and I was only in junior high at the time. Nevertheless, it was a HUGE influence on me as both a young girl, and also served to be a monumental inspiration on me as a musician to come. (I've been a guitar player since I was fifteen as a result, drawing inspiration from this little jewel ever since.) There are loads of nuances, styles, techniques, and emotions on this album to feed ANYONE aspiring to play worthwhile music

Thanks mom!

Deb

i am tired of the so called experts saying zeppelin "borrowed" on physical graffiti.. yes boogie with stu isnt comp original but it was brought out of a jam session........ and it was originally a rewrite of a little richard song anyway.... and in my time of dying only shares some of the lyrics...........and ill admit i have heard some false murmurs about other songs such as the rover being similar to a kinks song.. but after u listen to them .. they sound nothing alike! its like whatever they do its stolen! its rediculous....... i saw that physical graffiti review dvd a year ago and refuse to buy it.... theres one i bought about the band that claims zeppelin stole the intro to stairway and as soon as they said that i threw it in the trashcan ..... waste of f--king money those unofficial review dvds are they piss me off.. like another member.. its nothing new.. all zep heads know already know everything they say on it.. just keeps getting rehashed its annoying to me

Physical Graffiti was my first Zep album. My mom bought it for me for Christmas! LOL! It was a great album, for sure. I was actually really suprised that my mom decided to buy it because it was considered a hard rock album and I was only in junior high at the time. Nevertheless, it was a HUGE influence on me as both a young girl, and also served to be a monumental inspiration on me as a musician to come. (I've been a guitar player since I was fifteen as a result, drawing inspiration from this little jewel ever since.) There are loads of nuances, styles, techniques, and emotions on this album to feed ANYONE aspiring to play worthwhile music

Thanks mom!

Deb

That is so cool. I read your post this morning and today went to the mall. in FYE there it was for $19.99. I'm bummng because I didn't have the cash to get it.

You are so right. Physical is slow, fast, boogie, rock, blues, everything.

I also saw CNN this morning they played Kashmir to introduce a section on when Obama was asked if it would be the answer to the economy if he was to legalize marijuana. He said no by the way.

Archived