What do you all think

jimmy page66

Yeah Over The Mountains and Long Away is one of their best ;).

If you are referring to how it fairs as a version of this song....I was hoping it would be better actually as the first live version of this song ive heard is still unfortunately the best (02-12-75 Flying Circus). If you know a better version (better solo actually as to me that makes this song) please let me know.

About

Ok, you asked.

Don't get mad, ok?

That man's over bloated sense of self worth makes it hard to watch.

I'm sorry, it's probably just me, but everytime I see that..."I'm the Golden God" attitude

I want to say, "Come on over here boy... so I can throw you in the pit"

Plus the guitar seems slightly out of tune. Ok,,, gonna go watch the whole thing now.

Ok, watched the whole thing.... So how was the 02 in comparison?

Pretty standard 75 version IMO. I personally prefer the 72, 73 versions of OTH. 72 for the vocals, and 73 for the guitar solos.

Just another version... nothing speacial about it.......... As for the moron who did the song renaming on YT..Pathetic.

As mentioned, the "moron" renamed the song because it would have been pulled by youtube.

So I try to be positive: It´s not good.

Robert seems exhausted, uncomfortable.

Jimmy´s guitar is in tune. his fingers aren´t.

He is using his 3-finger-technique (avoids ringfinger due to accident earlier). No surprise his playing is not good. Especially with this very clean tone. This is not the best band in the world. These are tired lads.

Just listen to the ´73 versions - Bang!!!! :D

So I try to be positive: It´s not good.

Robert seems exhausted, uncomfortable.

Jimmy´s guitar is in tune. his fingers aren´t.

He is using his 3-finger-technique (avoids ringfinger due to accident earlier). No surprise his playing is not good. Especially with this very clean tone. This is not the best band in the world. These are tired lads.

Just listen to the ´73 versions - Bang!!!! :D

no more tired than anyone else their age.

stop living in the past - people evolve - get over it!!!

no more tired than anyone else their age.

stop living in the past - people evolve - get over it!!!

I think he means tired at that show, which I can agree The Earls Court is Zep's most overated series of shows ever I really can't stand them compared to most others. I think EC actually is only slightly better than even 7/20/77 Tempe really Zep's worst period IMO.

I think he means tired at that show, which I can agree The Earls Court is Zep's most overated series of shows ever I really can't stand them compared to most others. I think EC actually is only slightly better than even 7/20/77 Tempe really Zep's worst period IMO.

Your crazy. you obviously never heard the bad shows from 73, 75 and most of 77 and all of 1980... :slapface:

Pretty standard 75 version IMO. I personally prefer the 72, 73 versions of OTH. 72 for the vocals, and 73 for the guitar solos.

I completely agree with you. It really disappoints me that Robert couldn't hit the high notes after the 1972 US Tour. Without those high notes, the song really loses a lot of strength.

But Jimmy's solos in 1973 really make up for it. His playing was superb.

I also feel like the EC shows are a little overrated. I definitely don't think it's Tempe bad, but I find it strange that they get rated so highly when nearly every 69-72 show was better IMHO. If we're talking 75 only, I actually prefer most of the March shows from that year compared to the Earl's Court shows. But, to each his own...

Your crazy. you obviously never heard the bad shows from 73, 75 and most of 77 and all of 1980... :slapface:

73 didn't have any bad shows, only bad nights for Robert, 75 had many a bad show which includes EC, 77 was a dam good yeard for them excluding a few shows. and not all of 80 was but almost all the shows they did indeed sound tired like it was indeed the end.

73 didn't have any bad shows, only bad nights for Robert, 75 had many a bad show which includes EC, 77 was a dam good yeard for them excluding a few shows. and not all of 80 was but almost all the shows they did indeed sound tired like it was indeed the end.

I think the world was too stoned to make any sound judgements back then, lol

Archived