i jimmy page still into...

Matt Harris

Hi Allison! Nice to see you 'round these parts again.

I have precious little to add to the subject, only that Mr. Page gave a rather large Solstice party fairly recently (past couple years), so it would seem he still has some affinity.

Hi Allison! Nice to see you 'round these parts again.

I have precious little to add to the subject, only that Mr. Page gave a rather large Solstice party fairly recently (past couple years), so it would seem he still has some affinity.

Hi FireOpal! Nice to see you, too. Big doings over here, so I haven't had much time to drop in. I totally dig your new sig pic! Did you take it yourself? And Solstice party--cool! B)

What's your interpretation?

I think originally he was talking about a lady and a soul mate. I suspect that what he meant by saying that he'd found what he was looking for was that he found other compensations (I think he gets quit a lot out of his children, for example).

• 5 weeks later...
One doesn't just lose interest in such things.

I agree 100%. It's no secret how deep was Jimmy into the occult and into Crowley teachings. One would say that all the aspects of whatever he was be believing in (symbols, places, characters etc.) is what formed or identified him during the Led Zeppelin era, and as secretive as Jimmy is, who knows what other practices he did/does nowadays.

Obviously none of this changes my respect for him as a guitar player, but like Allison says, you just don't get away from that stuff as easily.

These are my 2 cents.

I agree 100%. It's no secret how deep was Jimmy into the occult and into Crowley teachings. One would say that all the aspects of whatever he was be believing in (symbols, places, characters etc.) is what formed or identified him during the Led Zeppelin era, and as secretive as Jimmy is, who knows what other practices he did/does nowadays.

Obviously none of this changes my respect for him as a guitar player, but like Allison says, you just don't get away from that stuff as easily.

These are my 2 cents.

Hmm, but he was a drug user back then. He probably had hallucinations and all kinds of false sensations, and when he quit drugs he must have seen his earlier beliefs in a different light. Although I'm not sure if the Crowley folks believe in anything odd. For all I know they may be just Christians in denial or atheists.

No no no, Thelema is about a lot of more things.

Maybe. The regular satanists seem to be mainly atheists with an attitude, but Thelema is something different (and allegedly Crowley was a drug user). In one interview, from the 90's I guess, Jimmy had a "Recovering Catholic" print in his shirt, if that's of any significance here.

Maybe. The regular satanists seem to be mainly atheists with an attitude, but Thelema is something different (and allegedly Crowley was a drug user). In one interview, from the 90's I guess, Jimmy had a "Recovering Catholic" print in his shirt, if that's of any significance here.

I know, they were interviewed in Australia by Andrew Denton during "No Quarter" tour 1994.

But I don't take it as a real significance in that case.

PS: the interview was fun! Especially the different versions of Stairway. The laughter of Jimmy and Robert was priceless. :D

Archived