Saw JP on Plane few years back

A few years back I had a few brief negative encounters with a woman in an airport at the gate, (don't remember which one, somewhere between where I live in CO and my folks in CT) and she sat behind me on the plane. I started to say something to her, and looked at her husband, and my heart skipped for a sec. I felt I knew him, really liked him like an old friend, but I couldn't place him. It bugged me for a long time, while my subconcious kicked me more and more into listening to Led Zep till it was more than in high school, obsessed. Even started learning the guitar, and then I saw him in Guitar World, and that was him. Maybe the guy with the gentle voice just looked like him, but it was enough to turn my world in new directions. Lots of magic in that man. Hope he's doing really well, and has a great, awesome concert!

A few years back I had a few brief negative encounters with a woman in an airport at the gate, (don't remember which one, somewhere between where I live in CO and my folks in CT) and she sat behind me on the plane. I started to say something to her, and looked at her husband, and my heart skipped for a sec. I felt I knew him, really liked him like an old friend, but I couldn't place him. It bugged me for a long time, while my subconcious kicked me more and more into listening to Led Zep till it was more than in high school, obsessed. Even started learning the guitar, and then I saw him in Guitar World, and that was him. Maybe the guy with the gentle voice just looked like him, but it was enough to turn my world in new directions. Lots of magic in that man. Hope he's doing really well, and has a great, awesome concert!

wow...how cool (except for the fact the wife was difficult???)

yeh he is a shy guy i think soft spoken and calm...for those into the stuff he's probably an "old soul". He has this presence about him.

That's a cool story, man, and I do believe that it was Baldwin you saw that day.

I do have tell of Robert Plant living in a village near Kidderminster somewhere, and that he goes to the local pub and is a really great member of the community there. Wether it's true, I cannot say though.

i also 'bumped' into JP on a flight about 5 years back.

it was a virgin flight from London to Miami, i was flying business class & had been for the usual in flight sleep....i awoke to see JP ordering a drink at the bar....he disappeared to upper class for the remainder of the flight......but i was like a star stuck teenager for the rest of the flight....really trying to pluck up the courage to ask for an autograph (which i didn't manage to do)

as we waited to get off the flight, JP passed my seat.....it must have been obvious that i had clocked who he was (probably because i was staring blankly,open moughted) because he flashed me a smile & nodded....which i can hardly believe to this day (considering JP apparent shyness).

looking forward to meeting him again on the 10th.....i'll probably be open mouthed again!!!!

BDG

I dont think I could have stopped myself from asking for an autograph. Unless he seemed in a foul mood. Of course sometimes they get sick of this sort of thing. Depending on the star. Hope he is nothing like Maddona! I would have said "hey Jiimmy! How much for a couple of guitar lessons?".

OMG. I would have thrown myself @ Jimmy....LOL. Guess im a bit obsessive...;-)

A few years back I had a few brief negative encounters with a woman in an airport at the gate, (don't remember which one, somewhere between where I live in CO and my folks in CT) and she sat behind me on the plane.

Can I ask what the negative encounters were about? Also, can you describe the woman?

I thought that too, as most people here seem to write JPJ is they're referring to Jonesy... :unsure:

Rofl, I hadn't noticed I made that mistake!! I must have been confused and thought I had saw an extra J on the end of JP. Sowwy. :P

Rofl, I hadn't noticed I made that mistake!! I must have been confused and thought I had saw an extra J on the end of JP. Sowwy. :P

No problem ;)

yea why cant they just stick to JP-Jimmy page

JPJ-jonesy

RP-robert

and JB-bonzo?

doesnt make any since.

I think most people here do actually, it was just a mistake this time :)

Archived