what bands would play at your woodstock

tsaeb eht

Hmmm, in no particular order, Zeppelin of course, Jimi Hendrix, the Doors, Janis Joplin, CS&N, Jefferson Airplane, the Grateful Dead, James Taylor, Fleetwood Mac, Skynyrd, the Allman Brothers, Little Feat, America, Marvin Gaye, Aretha Franklin, the Beatles, Pink Floyd, Van Morrison, Queen, U2, Bob Marley, the Eagles, Jimmy Buffet and Dave Matthews Band.

It will have to be Lollapaloozah for me.

Sorry I'm just not much into the psychedelic 60's peace vibe. Live Aid however, made such an impact on me then, and Band Aid precedent to that.

My Lollapaloozah:

Fingereleven, Soundgarden, Tragically Hip, Barenaked Ladies, Counting Crows, Philosopher Kings, The Killers, Green Day (if they'd still do this), Stone Temple Pilots, Blue October, Our Lady of Peace, Hoovastank, Chantal Kreviazuk, Foo Fighters (yup even Dave Grohl), etc etc.

I've seen some of these bands separately but it will be cool to see 'em all one night!

My Live Aid:

Zeppelin, Boomtown Rats and the original headliners at Wembley like U2, Queen, then P Diddy, 50 Cent, Marshall Mathers, Seal, Coldplay, Paul McCartney, Green Day, Stone Temple Pilots, The Killers, Tina Turner, Black Eyed Peas, Extreme, GnR, Metallica, Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Foo Fighters, Cher, Tears for Fears, Depeche Mode, etc etc.

Off topic how bout Bikini Slalom? Yeah those bikinis sure scream "Desperado!" :D

It will have to be Lollapaloozah for me.

Sorry I'm just not much into the psychedelic 60's peace vibe. Live Aid however, made such an impact on me then, and Band Aid precedent to that.

My Lollapaloozah:

Fingereleven, Soundgarden, Tragically Hip, Barenaked Ladies, Counting Crows, Philosopher Kings, The Killers, Green Day (if they'd still do this), Stone Temple Pilots, Blue October, Our Lady of Peace, Hoovastank, Chantal Kreviazuk, Foo Fighters (yup even Dave Grohl), etc etc.

I've seen some of these bands separately but it will be cool to see 'em all one night!

My Live Aid:

Zeppelin, Boomtown Rats and the original headliners at Wembley like U2, Queen, then P Diddy, 50 Cent, Marshall Mathers, Seal, Coldplay, Paul McCartney, Green Day, Stone Temple Pilots, The Killers, Tina Turner, Black Eyed Peas, Extreme, GnR, Metallica, Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Foo Fighters, Cher, Tears for Fears, Depeche Mode, etc etc.

Off topic how bout Bikini Slalom? Yeah those bikinis sure scream "Desperado!" :D

Blue Cheer

The Chambers Brothers

Lee Michaels

Sir Douglas Quintet

Son House

The Cream

Jim Kweskin Jug Band

Lovin' Spoonful

Bad Company

The Animals

Dave Clark Five

Spirit

John Mayall

13th Floor Elevator

Love w/Arthur Lee

Miles Davis

Nils Lofgren

Blind Faith

The Yardbirds

Them

The Ace Of Cups

hillside2.jpg

Those were the days.

B)

Wednesday July 1 - The Rolling Stones, Cream, Guns ‘n Roses, Red Hot Chili Peppers, The White Stripes, Stevie Ray Vaughn & Double Trouble, Nirvana, Black Sabbath, The Stooges, AC/DC, John Butler Trio, The Strokes, Motorhead

Thursday July 2 - Pink Floyd, The Grateful Dead, Bob Marley & The Wailers, The Police, Sublime, The Flaming Lips, Ben Harper, Phish, Parliament Funkadelic, The Velvet Underground, The Allman Brothers Band, Muddy Waters, Johnny Winter

Friday July 3 - The Jimi Hendrix Experience, The Who, The Doors, Rage Against the Machine, Foo Fighters, Jeff Beck, Smashing Pumpkins, Radiohead, Creedence Clearwater Revival, ZZ Top, Buddy Holly, Paul Simon, The Black Crowes

Saturday July 4 - Led Zeppelin, Pearl Jam, Neil Young, Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers, Johnny Cash, Otis Redding, Stevie Wonder, Soundgarden, The Kinks, Chuck Berry, The Stray Cats, Buddy Guy, James Gang, The Blues Brothers, Wilson Pickett

Sunday July 5 - U2, Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band, Aerosmith, Van Halen, Queen, David Bowie, Bob Dylan, Dave Matthews Band, Phil Collins, The Beach Boys, Jimmy Buffet, G. Love & Special Sauce, Oasis

Or something like that. B)

Now off to produce set lists.. :rolleyes:

Edited to Add: I might have to let Toots & The Maytalls join Marley for a few.

My Live Aid:

Wednesday July 1 - The Rolling Stones, Cream, Guns ‘n Roses, Red Hot Chili Peppers, The White Stripes, Stevie Ray Vaughn & Double Trouble, Nirvana, Black Sabbath, The Stooges, AC/DC, John Butler Trio, The Strokes, Motorhead

Thursday July 2 - Pink Floyd, The Grateful Dead, Bob Marley & The Wailers, The Police, Sublime, The Flaming Lips, Ben Harper, Phish, Parliament Funkadelic, The Velvet Underground, The Allman Brothers Band, Muddy Waters, Johnny Winter

Friday July 3 - The Jimi Hendrix Experience, The Who, The Doors, Rage Against the Machine, Foo Fighters, Jeff Beck, Smashing Pumpkins, Radiohead, Creedence Clearwater Revival, ZZ Top, Buddy Holly, Paul Simon, The Black Crowes

Saturday July 4 - Led Zeppelin, Pearl Jam, Neil Young, Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers, Johnny Cash, Otis Redding, Stevie Wonder, Soundgarden, The Kinks, Chuck Berry, The Stray Cats, Buddy Guy, James Gang, The Blues Brothers, Wilson Pickett

Sunday July 5 - U2, Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band, Aerosmith, Van Halen, Queen, David Bowie, Bob Dylan, Dave Matthews Band, Phil Collins, The Beach Boys, Jimmy Buffet, G. Love & Special Sauce, Oasis

Or something like that. B)

Now off to produce set lists.. :rolleyes:

Edited to Add: I might have to let Toots & The Maytalls join Marley for a few.

Ooooh, great choices, both of you!! :thumbsup::hippy:

Day one:

Joe Cocker, Led Zeppelin, BB King, The Nice, Pink Floyd, Ton Steine Scherben, Yes, John McLaughlin (no matter with whom), Genesis (with Gabriel)

Day Two: Joni Mitchell, Kolbe Illenberger, The Yardbirds, Supertramp, Frank Zappa, Captain Beefheart, Deep Purple

Day three: A HUGE Jam with all the musicians!

Mine makes no sense. but it's how I'd like it. Not really in order either.

Day One:

The White Stripes, Muddy Waters, Cream, Johnny Cash and Dwight Yoakam (together, yes), CCR, Allman Bros, Elton John

Day Two:

AC/DC, Whitesnake, Tom Petty, Yardbirds, ZZ Top, Kiss (for shits and giggles), and Rush (Rush would only be allowed to play Tom Sawyer, then I would kick them off the stage)

Day Three:

Zeppelin, Aerosmith, old GNR, Black Sabbath

DAY 1

gate mouth moore ..hendrix...john lee hooker..doors..lightnin hopkins..creadence clear water..memphis slim..the who..muddy waters..rolling stones..lead belly..angus young solo

DAY 2

sex pistols..black sabbeth..anti knowwhere leag...hendrix solo....metalicca..dead kennedys..pantera..wolf mother..ac/dc...nirvana

iggy pop..iron maden..fleetwood mac...and some unknowen bands to get some fame

DAY 3

velvet under ground..pink floyd..hawk wind..deep purple old school...led zeppelin...smashing pumpkins....frank zappa....jimi page solo....and solo acts bonzo bohnam.......hendrix vs page.....band vs band same song but who is more creative who does it better

Archived