DAVID COVERDALE Thinks LED ZEPPELIN Should

The Pagemeister

According to The Pulse of Radio, David Coverdale says he told Jimmy Page to back off on trying to reunite LED ZEPPELIN for a world tour and record a band album with superstar guest vocalists. Coverdale, who teamed up with Page for the short-lived 1993 COVERDALE-PAGE album and tour, explained to Uncut, "My suggestion to him when I saw him in the summer was to do what Carlos Santana did with 'Supernatural'. Get a selection of people in, because there's no question John Paul Jones writes fucking kick-ass music. I said Joe Elliott and me would come in and do a track rather than the focus be on one person."

He went on to say, "Will people be willing to see three-quarters of the family with a guest — a cousin twice removed? I'm as curious as anyone to see how it works out... Change is good as long as you fucking deliver. I hope it comes together for him because, Jesus, he deserves it."

Coverdale says that his most cherished collaboration was his 1993 team-up with Page, which led him to rethink how he chooses guitarists. "When I worked with Jimmy Page, that was totally inspiring for me, and you can hear that on the COVERDALE-PAGE album," he said. "And that was a great parameter for me to look at. The only people I would be prepared to work with are ones who would, who I'd feel could drive me, inspire me to go for notes I've never gone for before."

I think this might be the best way to go (unless/until Robert wants to return for another one-off)...

Suggestions for Guest Vocalists joining JP, JPJ and Jason Bonham:

Joe Elliott ---

David Coverdale ---

Paul Rodgers ---

Roger Daltrey ---

Myles Kennedy ---

Jason Bonham ---

Paul Stanley ---

James Hetfield ---

Paul McCartney ---

Chris Daughtry ---

Aretha Franklin ---

Mick Jagger ---

Christina Aguillera (maybe)

Leona Lewis ---

Tina Turner ---

Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young ---

Timothy B. Schmidt, Don Henley & Glenn Frey ---

Steven Tyler ---

BB King ---

Bono ---

Eric Clapton ---

Sting ---

Sheryl Crow ---

R B)

I think this might be the best way to go (unless/until Robert wants to return for another one-off)...

Joe Elliott ---

David Coverdale ---

Paul Rodgers ---

Roger Daltrey ---

Myles Kennedy ---

Jason Bonham ---

Paul Stanley ---

James Hetfield ---

Paul McCartney ---

Chris Daughtry ---

Aretha Franklin ---

Mick Jagger ---

Christina Aguillera (maybe)

Leona Lewis ---

Tina Turner ---

Timothy B. Schmidt, Don Henley &

Steven Tyler ---

R B)

Since you already had Christina on the list, I won't mind seeing Britney there too. :D

I'm vomiting over a few of those suggestions.

just "throwing" them out there.... :D

Those were just some of the most popular rock, pop and mainstream people of yesterday, today and who knows...

I don't agree with some of the ones I listed either. Just listed some names...

(as long as Nickelback's "over processed "lead singer Chad Kroeger, Rob Thomas from MatchBox 20 as well as Counting Crows singer/ whiner are not on it, I'm fine)... :D

R B)

Joe Elliott ---

David Coverdale ---hmmmm, no

Paul Rodgers ---possibly

Roger Daltrey ---um, yeah could be cool

Myles Kennedy ---still havent heard him

Jason Bonham --- Why the hell not?

Paul Stanley ---NO!

James Hetfield ---hmmm, no

Paul McCartney ---hmmm, no

Chris Daughtry ---NO!

Aretha Franklin ---wont happen

Mick Jagger ---could be interesting

Christina Aguillera NO!

Leona Lewis ---hmmm

Tina Turner ---it could rock

Timothy B. Schmidt, Don Henley & Glenn Frey ---hmm, interesting....A little Witchy Woman groove?

Steven Tyler ---maybe

BB King ---would be cool but wont happen

Bono ---NO!

Eric Clapton ---Wont happen

Sting ---hmmm

R B)

just "throwing" them out there.... :D

Those were just some of the most popular rock, pop and mainstream people of yesterday, today and who knows...

I don't agree with some of the ones I listed either. Just listed some names...

(as long as Nickelback's "over processed "lead singer Chad Kroeger, Rob Thomas from MatchBox 20 as well as Counting Crows singer/ whiner are not on it, I'm fine)... :D

R B)

I'd stay away from anything remotely sounding like KISS or Def Leppard, to be sure. Those guys were cheap parodies of rock music in my humble lil' opinion. Bleh.

I'm still hoping for a miracle. CHRIS CORNELL. Nobody would do as good of a job, let alone better.

I'd stay away from anything remotely sounding like KISS or Def Leppard, to be sure. Those guys were cheap parodies of rock music in my humble lil' opinion. Bleh.

I'm still hoping for a miracle. CHRIS CORNELL. Nobody would do as good of a job, let alone better.

Cornell would be great ! Whoever it turns out to be, I wouldn't want a bunch of singers involved. One vocalist is enough. A bunch really would be a parody IMHO

Cornell would be great ! Whoever it turns out to be, I wouldn't want a bunch of singers involved. One vocalist is enough. A bunch really would be a parody IMHO

Yeah, they'd have to do "We Are The World" at the end of the show. Fuck that. :lol:

ONE singer, I agree.

Chris. B)

Exactly, some are just beyond kaka.

Let them decide for themself instead.

They will. Don't worry.... I don't think they will let me decide this time. ;)

I only put Paul Stanley up there because he sat at the same table as Ross Halfin and JP & Halfin does his photos, too. Halfin mentions him a good bit on his website and PS was very positive about JP and Led Zep in an article of recent...

I agree with you regarding Cornell. He would be great!!! (but he already said no, so I didn't list him)...

R B)

Yeah, they'd have to do "We Are The World" at the end of the show. Fuck that. :lol:

ONE singer, I agree.

Chris. B)

:lol: That would be it for me I'm affraid

Cornell has a great voice. I'd be happy with him

Jimmy Page guitar & producing

JPJ bass, keyboards, & producing

Jason Bonham drums

David Lee Roth, Sammy Hagar, & Gary Cherone on vocals all at the same time.

Michael Anthony on backing vocals & bass on the keyboard oriented songs.

Gene Frenckel on cowbell.

Bruce Dickinson managing & supplying gold plated diapers for all to wear.

I would prefer a new album over a tour, actually. A few weeks in the studio wouldn't kill Robert, would it?

Make a new album is not just spend a few weeks in the studio.

There has to be more, much much more.

And he has already said he won't.

The last thing Jimmy & co. should do is make an album of auditioning singers or a guest vocalists album. START A REAL BAND, DONT MAKE A PRODUCT. THATS WHAT COVERDALE/PAGE WAS, A PRODUCT, WITH LESS THAN SPECTACULAR RESULTS.

They should just find what their direction & sound are going to be & find a vocalist /lyricist that obviously suits that. Dont lean on the past.

And please, pretty fucking please, I pray they do not hire a vocalist who has ever sang at any point for Black Sabbath/Deep Purple/Rainbow.... that eliminates about 50 70's-80's vocalists right there.

And lastly, if I want to hear Zeppelin, I have the records. Just do something new. They dont have to reinvent the wheel but they should stay from the obvious commercial aspects of what people think Zep sound like, ie Coverdale/Page.

Archived