If It never happened

Jimmy's A Legend

I hate to say it but Jimmy probably wouldn't have survived through the 80's. His addictions were horrible and who knows how much longer he could of gone on if they kept touring. I also think they would have made some great music. Better than any of that hair shit popular in the 80's.

• 2 weeks later...
I think it's likely they would have broke up shortly after their 1980 American tour.

even so we might have gotten another album from zep.. after ittod .. then coda that would have been better but i dont think they would have stopped.. zeppelin was pages baby and the guys took responsibility for being in such a big band.. i dont think they would have stopped.. may have taken a break which seems more plausible but i think if bonzo never passed that they may still be together but who knows..

even so we might have gotten another album from zep.. after ittod .. then coda that would have been better but i dont think they would have stopped.. zeppelin was pages baby and the guys took responsibility for being in such a big band.. i dont think they would have stopped.. may have taken a break which seems more plausible but i think if bonzo never passed that they may still be together but who knows..

You may be right. It would have been interesting to see what exactly would have happened if they had toured North America again. I'm probably wrong about this (definitely wouldn't be the first time), but my guess is that Robert would have called it quits afterward. I kind of think that things probably would have turned out not much different in your scenario versus how it played out in real life. Except that John Bonham would be alive right now, which would be a good thing for sure.

I have heard Plant questioned along the lines of, that if Bonzo hadn't of died would LZ still be together and his response was a quick no...

Maybe they would have parted in the 80's? Maybe RP would have spread his wings outside LZ anyway? Maybe they would have got fed up 'playing the game' and faded away, maybe, maybe, maybe..... :rolleyes:

I have heard Plant questioned along the lines of, that if Bonzo hadn't of died would LZ still be together and his response was a quick no...

Maybe they would have parted in the 80's? Maybe RP would have spread his wings outside LZ anyway? Maybe they would have got fed up 'playing the game' and faded away, maybe, maybe, maybe..... :rolleyes:

That would be my guess but it's all speculation as things unfortunately happened the way they did.

The way I see it they would have released one more album in 81 after the 80 U.S. tour during or followed a world tour taking up most of 81 maybe even going into 82. However that tour would also have turned out to be a farewell tour as drugs would have tore the band apart and shortly following the bands breakup Jimmy would have died in about 85ish and either before or after Page's death John Bonham would have either gone sober or died.

Archived