Which Zeppelin DVD is better?

LedZep1969

read topic  

108 members have voted

1. 1. stuff

• The Song Remains The Same
    • Led Zeppelin DVD

• 4 weeks later...

TSRTS has it's charms, but overall isn't nearly as good as the DVD. There are parts during TSRTS where Robert's voice makes me cringe. sad.gif

This is my feeling too. TSRTS's editing drives me crazy. "Immigrant Song '72" on the LZ DVD has the same problem...the music is from an entirely different performance than the footage. The rest of the DVD just seems more like the experience of actually being there and isn't so obvious where edited. And I love the age and set progressions, and the later songs, and the acoustic section from Earls Court, etc., etc., etc.

• 1 month later...

I voted for "DVD", but I wouldn't want to be without "TSRTS". I think it was the first VHS I ever bought and it cost £20 back in 1985! I only had £8 on me and my parents paid the other £12. :) I still have it, but it's long been worn out as I must've played it hundreds of times in my youth and they don't last forever. I've since bought it on DVD twice.

I still have my vcr tape of TSRTS that I taped when the movie was on tv, maybe MTV. LOL! I need to check to see if it still plays or not since I am sure I wore it out too! I have since bought the dvd of TSRTS.

Personally, I like the official dvd more than TSRTS but there are some good dvd boots out there of some cool stuff too!

The DVD of course.

But TSRTS DVD are great too

It's funny how you all either like one or the other which is fine but i can still remember a time in the past when you couldn't really find TSRTS on video very easy or it just plain cost to much to buy and my friend and myself hatched an idea that we would rent TSRTS from the local library and borrow my friends old video camera. We had plans on playing the library copy on a wall from a projector and filming it with my friends video camera. Boy what a plain and it was going to cost a very little. We never did get around to doing it and did finally just buy a copy but when i think about it - what a plan when i was a kid. :P

• 7 months later...

I love them both but, I give preference to TSRTS as it takes me back to a couple hundred Friday nights spent at the Roxy Theater in Toronto where I watched it on the big screen in all its glory, between the disco ball they had in the theater(mainly used during STH), the ushers lighting my fat numbers, the LSD, and the loud and often crazy members in the audience it kinda give it a concert like experience IMHO. TSRS is like an old friend I will never get tired of visiting with.

• Administrators

I love them both but, I give preference to TSRTS as it takes me back to a couple hundred Friday nights spent at the Roxy Theater in Toronto where I watched it on the big screen in all its glory, between the disco ball they had in the theater(mainly used during STH), the ushers lighting my fat numbers, the LSD, and the loud and often crazy members in the audience it kinda give it a concert like experience IMHO. TSRS is like an old friend I will never get tired of visiting with.

Those were the days.... B)

tsrts_toronto_weeklyscreening.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived