Jimmy's manager confirms tour?

bonzo1026

I've mentioned before that it's a famous Page interview technique-" The solo album is 2/3rds finished." He's been using it for years.

Very true, but what I was trying to say was that it obviously shows a desire to explain his lack of output in a way that makes it look as if he's done more than he has. However, although he seems to feel the need to explain it, it's certainly not by clarifying it, so I suppose to some extent I'm agreeing with you.

Page will continue to play when it suits him. What makes his "supposed" commitments to "loyal-tour-hungry-fans" more important than his commitments to his wife and his young family? Or retirement at his age? Or any reason he feels is legitimate for that matter? I'd love to see Page perform live atleast once in my lifetime, but it's not up to me, it's up to him. And I don't pretend I know otherwise.

anybody get the feeling that jimmy's manager is just pissed because he saw the gravy train pass right by? Lets face it, with the hype and buzz and all that stuff that the o2 created, Zeppelin was right in front of everyone in the media, and a huge tour would have made a gazillion dollars for all involved. I think that the whole "new singer" thing was just jimmy and the guys, so caught up in the excitement, that they, like many couldn't let it go.

anything short of an all in tour I'm sure is a let down for jimmy. I think thats what I feel most badly about. No Zeppelin tour never lets Jimmy feel that confidence, excitement or whatever else he had in Zeps heyday. I wish it could have happened for him. Now it's been so long, I'd be surprised if we heard anything more musically new from him..Too bad, because I bet he and jonesy would have created some good music together still...

Jimmy's manager sounds like he's pissed and my guess is Jimmy is too....

One thing that holds true is Led Zeppelin was and always will be greater than the sum of it's parts...

anybody get the feeling that jimmy's manager is just pissed because he saw the gravy train pass right by? Lets face it, with the hype and buzz and all that stuff that the o2 created, Zeppelin was right in front of everyone in the media, and a huge tour would have made a gazillion dollars for all involved. I think that the whole "new singer" thing was just jimmy and the guys, so caught up in the excitement, that they, like many couldn't let it go.

anything short of an all in tour I'm sure is a let down for jimmy. I think thats what I feel most badly about. No Zeppelin tour never lets Jimmy feel that confidence, excitement or whatever else he had in Zeps heyday. I wish it could have happened for him. Now it's been so long, I'd be surprised if we heard anything more musically new from him..Too bad, because I bet he and jonesy would have created some good music together still...

One thing that holds true is Led Zeppelin was and always will be greater than the sum of it's parts...

I don't think that's why his manager issued the statement - I think it was probably to try to quell all the speculation (which sadly it hasn't done).

I just wish Jimmy would get out there and do something. I don't need it to be Zep - I'd just love to see him back out on stage.

Jimmy Page could attend more events as a member of the audience if he misses the shows, enjoy the atmosphere, remain in the here and now, and be thankful for the blessings of the past.

"The show must go on" is a well-known phrase in show business, meaning that regardless of what happens (such as the lead performer breaking a leg), the show must still be put on for the waiting patrons.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_show_must_go_on

Jimmy Page could attend more events as a member of the audience if he misses the shows, enjoy the atmosphere, remain in the here and now, and be thankful for the blessings of the past.

I just hope that's not what he choses to do for the rest of his life. I believe he has more to offer musically to us. It's just a matter of being inspired and having the motivation and will to do so.

Just a wait and see approach now. How much patience do we have now?

Archived