Yet another "one hit wonder" thread...

Zepaholic

Strawberry Alarm Clock was cool. I am a member of guitarist Ed King's (the guy with the red strat in that clip) Forum. He's also one of the the three original guitarists of Lynyrd Skynyrd.

http://edking.net/

I thought Paul Rever & The Raiders wrote that song. They had a hit with it too.

Indian Reservation - Paul Revere & The Raiders

Another one that brings back memories. Great reminders:-)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Well, I can think of quite a few Garage rock bands in the 60's who were "one hit wonders" :lol:

But "The Treytones" definitely come to mind! Obscure stuff, that's for sure! B)

And well, "The Yellow Payges" had just 2 hits : "The Two of Us" and "Never Put Away My Love For You". I don't think many folks have heard of them!

And then we have the band "4 Non Blondes" who to my knowledge had just one hit song "What's Up". It was a childhood fav of mine! ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwCt0YQPn7g

EDITED TO ADD : A very interesting thread indeed! Thanks for bring it back to life Jahfin! :D

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure if you're familiar with WNYC's program Soundcheck (which also airs on some NPR outlets nationwide) but Dexy's Midnight Runners were recently the center of a couple of segments on there. Definitely worth checking out when you have the extra time:

Too Rye Ay

Interesting :) I always liked that song; my grandmother's name was Eileen and that was kind of her theme song ;) (she had a great sense of humor!)