Yet another "one hit wonder" thread...

Zepaholic

Yes, they did. One called The Love Parade. I didn't realize until reading their AllMusic bio right now that Life In A Northern Town was an elegy for Nick Drake.

http://allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&s...gifexqe5ldhe~T1

Man, that makes it even more evocative--I didn't know that either. :'( I loved Nick Drake--a friend of mine was part of a memorial concert for him last year.

Interesting - I didn't know that either. I like Nick Drake - discovered him thanks to a Volkswagon commercial, though it took me the longest time to figure out who it was. I think when some of his songs appeared on the soundtrack to the movie Serendipity, I figured it out.

The use of Pink Moon in that VW ad helped change my perspective on the use of songs in commercials, especially for lesser known artists such as Nick. I'd had his music recommended to me for years but it wasn't until a couple of years ago that I finally got around to purchasing any of his records.

Garland is great, but he is not what I would consider a one hit wonder. I saw him in NYC in 1977.

Technically speaking I don't think a lot of the artists listed in this thread are necessarily "one hit wonders" but I felt Garland at least warranted a mention following the discussion of 96 Tears. He's probably best known for Wild In the Streets but 96 Tears was also a hit for him. If it wasn't for album radio back in the 70s and 80s it's doubtful I ever even would have heard of him. A few years back I happened upon the album his cover of 96 Tears appeared on (Escape Artist) in a used record store. His entire body of work is definitely worth looking into though.

The use of Pink Moon in that VW ad helped change my perspective on the use of songs in commercials, especially for lesser known artists such as Nick. I'd had his music recommended to me for years but it wasn't until a couple of years ago that I finally got around to purchasing any of his records.

That's pretty much what happened to me.

We've probably already had this one (my favorite one-hit wonder ever), but by page 13 or so, it's time for a reprise

Great song though I don't think I've heard it before!

the link seems to take you to a different page.

That's weird. I searched on YouTube but couldn't find a video for it and honestly didn't expect to but thought I'd try first. Then, I just did a Google search and found that site and watched the video before posting. I didn't even realize a video existed for that song. Now the link no longer works for me either even though I just watched it just a few moments ago.

Try this link:

http://www.yourememberthat.com/player/play...p;totalrotate=5

Archived