Yet another "one hit wonder" thread...

Zepaholic

Damn I didn't think I'd EVER hear this song again. This is a song that stuck in my brain forever. Holy shit!

Thanks for posting this. I had no idea of the band but I remember in the DC/MD area is was played all the time.

QUOTE (Bong-Man @ Jan 14 2009, 07:40 AM)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGNdvKvbxYQ...feature=related

Pass the salt please !

I wanted to bump this thread to make sure Bongman saw me officially thank him for putting this crap song from my childhood back in forfront of my mind.

• 2 weeks later...
lol...I did some searching...The Bottle Rockets weren't such a one hit wonder band after all. ;)

I think Radar Gun was probably their biggest and maybe even their only "hit" but they're still making records and touring to this day. They're great live band if ever you get a chance to see them.

I think Radar Gun was probably their biggest and maybe even their only "hit" but they're still making records and touring to this day. They're great live band if ever you get a chance to see them.
A great hard edge rock sound they have. Definately will check them out if the opportunity rises. Thanks for the reply.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Thanks to the board upgrade we can now embed videos. All you have to do is highlight the URL and select the Media button.

Good luck. I've been ostracized by the cheerleaders for suggesting that somebody use the chat board functionality available to them.

Jimmy Buffett even namechecked him in his song Migration from his A1A album:

Lookin' back at my background tryin' to

figure out how I ever got here.

Some things are still a mystery to me

While others are much too clear.

I'm just livin' in the sunshine,

Stay contented most of the time.

Yeah, listenin' to Murphey, Walker and Willis,

Sing me their Texas rhymes.

Damn,I love that song-actually,I love the whole album-but as many times as I've listened to it, I still never realized he was referring to Michael (Martin) Murphey.

I knew who he meant by Walker and Willis,though....B)

You really do learn something new every day......

Good luck. I've been ostracized by the cheerleaders for suggesting that somebody use the chat board functionality available to them.

As I recall, some people didn't use the "insert link" button because of a variety of issues whether it be their OS, the type of browser they were using or simply not understanding how to post links. I find that perfectly understandable. Now that we do have the ability to embed clips there's even some that have chosen to abuse that function, such as posting a string of totally non-music related clips in the Other Bands / Music section of the board. Then again, the person in question has always struck me as not being altogether there in the first place.

Damn,I love that song-actually,I love the whole album-but as many times as I've listened to it, I still never realized he was referring to Michael (Martin) Murphey.

I knew who he meant by Walker and Willis,though....B)

You really do learn something new every day......

For the longest time I thought he was singing "Willie". It made complete sense to me, especially considering the Texas reference and all. I don't think it dawned on me that it was "Willis" until the advent of the innerwebz and all of the lyrics sites that sprang up (right and wrong, including the lyrics posted at Margaritaville.com). That also made complete sense considering Buffett has covered Willis Alan Ramsay before, not to mention the fact that he hails from Texas. Now, when is he ever going to release that long awaited follow up to his debut album?

Archived