My Two Beagles are Loose

bigzepfan

:thumbsup::chickeddance:

They are back home and safe. charlie's foot got cut open and they're both limping. They're already on the bed under the electric blanket right next to each other as always. With plenty of treats and toys nearby.

They were found yesterday afternoon so they survived saturday night outside in the zero degree weather. that is really amazing. They made their way to a horse farm about 8 miles away.

A girl who worked at the farm found them. she bought them home with her, fed them kept them warm, etc. and she even refused a reward.

I'm a business owner myself. I'm going to write a letter to her employer about what she did. she really is my hero. Kind, caring and generous.

Thank you to everyone for the good vibes, the tips, and especially the moral support. It means so much!!!

Hey, guess you guys posted at the same time, bigzepfan and middlezep! ^^

That's fantastic news, bigzepfan--I'd just checked the thread and seen no update, and was fearing the worst. So happy things worked out this way! :cheer::cheer:

Now make sure you get lots of extra tags and things for them!

:thumbsup::chickeddance:

They are back home and safe. charlie's foot got cut open and they're both limping. They're already on the bed under the electric blanket right next to each other as always. With plenty of treats and toys nearby.

They were found yesterday afternoon so they survived saturday night outside in the zero degree weather. that is really amazing. They made their way to a horse farm about 8 miles away.

A girl who worked at the farm found them. she bought them home with her, fed them kept them warm, etc. and she even refused a reward.

I'm a business owner myself. I'm going to write a letter to her employer about what she did. she really is my hero. Kind, caring and generous.

Thank you to everyone for the good vibes, the tips, and especially the moral support. It means so much!!!

Great!!!

Thank God! Fantastic news. I'm so glad for you.

Beagles love to run, they're wild at heart. I always had them growing up. Most of the time they come back, but my last one Bandit - we never found her. I was like 12 or 13, and so broken-hearted I haven't had a dog since.

BigZepFan, I hope you'll post a photo of Charlie & his brother if possible. :)

So NOW that we have a happy ending, care to tell us how the little rascals escaped?

They are really amazing. when they get in what I call "beagle" mode their nose opens and everything else(including their lovely brains) shut right down. Once they put their nose to the ground I can have their favorite toy, a treat, anything, doesn't matter and they'll ignore me. Talk about tunnelvision.

I have the wireless electric fence which I just started using again about a month ago on dusty. In the past when he jumps in the car to go for a ride it zaps him even though it's still within the range. when we went for a ride friday i took off the collar because i did not want him to get zapped when he shouldn't. it makes him afraid to even get in the car and that would be a huge problem since he goes everywhere with me.

when we got home i forgot to put it back on. When I have only dusty he really doesn't wander away. he's been out many times without his collar and it hasn't been a problem.

I just got charlie back from my ex a week before they got loose. He was tied up on a leash. Now that the two are back together it's like trouble times ten, not just two.

Im guessing dusty saw a deer or something and started chasing it and charlie was so excited that he pulled so hard that he snapped the leash. the hook was still attached to his collar today. then they got in beagle mode, got outside their normal range of knowing how to get back home and just started wandering until they came across the horse farm and were rescued.

I've already got an appointment for next tuesday with the vet for the chip. i will walk them on a leash until then.

They have been sleeping all day. only getting up to go out, eat and back to the electric blanket and the king-size bed.

Not that much which is surprising, especially for dusty.

sometimes he cries like that if I go to the mailbox to get the mail.

They say that they have no sense of time. A walk across the street is like I deserted them for a week. Other times I'm gone awhile and they don't always react.

When I came back from London from the show it was awesome. We rolled around on the floor for several minutes before I came to my senses.

I'm a little late, but I just wanted to say that I'm SO GLAD you found your dogs!!!! I tore through the posts to find out what happened. I lost my cat in June, so I know what a terrible feeling it is. Thank god for good Samaritans!!! This makes my day a little brighter, knowing that there are responsible and kind people out there like that. Yay for happy endings!

Archived