Patricia Ecker pics

zeplinger

Maybe Alice knows. She quoted him.

It is sure David Gilmore said what I wrote in the thread.

That is from this site,but in Japanese. Therefore most forum members can hardly read.

He said it when a Japanese female writer did interview him in 1971.

http://www.avis.ne.jp/~fancysc/column25.html

He clearly says 'The relation between the groupies and the musicians look like the prostitutes and the guests who trace parallel lines. It's only that there isn't money issue.

That is from this site,but in Japanese. Therefore most forum members can hardly read.

He clearly says 'The relation between the groupies and the musicians look like the prostitutes and the guests who trace parallel lines. It's only that there isn't money issue.

If that is what he said, the issue of Victorian double standards applies.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victorian_era

Sometimes a guitarist's artistry is limited to music alone.

Jillana feels she was present at the height of Balanchine's choreographic creativity and when I asked her what it was like to be part of it she answered, “It was incredible. The way he worked, the way he knew what the dancers could and could not do. He choreographed for the dancers, whatever you looked good doing.

http://www.criticaldance.com/interviews/20...lana020603.html

Do you want to move into any sort of theatrical field at all, you know where you may have more singers and dancers, and the whole theatrical thing?

Yes, yes, but we don't really know what we want to do. There's a very vague concept of what we'd like to do in terms of ...

If that is the best he can do, he is limited in his concept of the status of women and the issue of Victorian double standards applies.

He might have only expressed his opinion honestly.

Then,how about this article? I intend to say nothing about this.

I just think how general(normal?)people see the woman like her.

http://www.switched.com/2007/09/10/60s-era...-her-pocket-pc/

Well, even if he did say that - and really, what does it matter? - the fact that it was quoted by a Japanese writer doesn't necessarily mean the message he said was the one that came across in the article. It's very easy to misconstrue or manipulate words when you're talking about something like this, and with one who is of a different culture to you.

He might have only expressed his opinion honestly.

Then,how about this article? I intend to say nothing about this.

I just think how general(normal?)people see the woman like her.

http://www.switched.com/2007/09/10/60s-era...-her-pocket-pc/

I'm not understanding the point of the article, she's talking about gadgets and her mobile phone. Is there something damning about the article that's supposed to back up David Gilmour's statement?

Well, even if he did say that - and really, what does it matter? - the fact that it was quoted by a Japanese writer doesn't necessarily mean the message he said was the one that came across in the article. It's very easy to misconstrue or manipulate words when you're talking about something like this, and with one who is of a different culture to you.

It matters because somehow in the translation it is used to justify the value that a groupie is a worthless prostitute and thus impacts the status of women, limiting them to a rigid caste system, making them disposable and unworthy of being loved by the male musician, who is elevated to the status of sainthood.

I only wrote this as one opinion a few days ago. I do not understand why there is a person who revives this again now. Because there is the person who put out my name,I only wrote it's source.

I only wrote this as one opinion a few days ago. I do not understand why there is a person who revives this again now. Because there is the person who put out my name,I only wrote it's source.

There was some doubt as to whether the quote was accurate.

If you have a doubt about this remark, I think you had better ask the person who said it.

If you really want to know about it...

My translation is quite correct because these sentences are not difficult.

It comes with the territory of being famous. In exchange for millions of dollars, people will speculate endlessly about who you have or haven't boinked. Hey, there's a price for everything in life, including fame. Right, wrong, whatever, it just is...and always will be.

But people who are mature enough realize the silliness of it. Speculating about who Jimmy Page 'actually' loved or who was the 'prettiest' or 'most intelligent' of his women is not only silly, but futile, and frankly I find it kind of rude. Its not some sort of game... Jimmy Page and his past partners are real people. And a relationship between him and someone else is the same as a relationship between you and your partner. Imagine someone analyzing your relationship. That's how I think of it.... why 2 people like each other or get involved with each other or what have you no one can ever know/understand except them . You can't judge relationships. The people analyzing Jimmy's relationships wouldn't do the same thing to their friends', would they? I just can't see how the same respect can't be applied to a scenario where the only difference is that the person just happens to be famous.

But people who are mature enough realize the silliness of it. Speculating about who Jimmy Page 'actually' loved or who was the 'prettiest' or 'most intelligent' of his women is not only silly, but futile, and frankly I find it kind of rude. Its not some sort of game... Jimmy Page and his past partners are real people. And a relationship between him and someone else is the same as a relationship between you and your partner. Imagine someone analyzing your relationship. That's how I think of it.... why 2 people like each other or get involved with each other or what have you no one can ever know/understand except them . You can't judge relationships. The people analyzing Jimmy's relationships wouldn't do the same thing to their friends', would they? I just can't see how the same respect can't be applied to a scenario where the only difference is that the person just happens to be famous.

:yesnod: :yesnod:

:goodpost:

Thank you

You're welcome.

I have a proposal. If someone want to revive the sensitive subject after a few days had passed,I recommend using a private message. I don't want to have other forum members revolted.

The purport of this thread originally was the simple introduction of Patricia Ecker pics.

(And this thread should have been in Pre/Post-Zeppelin Forum first.The starter might have considered the time when Jimmy had met her.)

My most favorite comment for it is this.

Apples to oranges! I think all three women are beautiful in their own way and they have all made Jimmy happy at one time or another and have given him some beautiful children. :)

But people who are mature enough realize the silliness of it. Speculating about who Jimmy Page 'actually' loved or who was the 'prettiest' or 'most intelligent' of his women is not only silly, but futile, and frankly I find it kind of rude.

Which is why I stated "not saying it's right - it just is." I do think someone stating their opinion on the women in Jimmy's life is perfectly fair. After all, some of these women have written books about their experience...and I daresay just about everyone here has read them, so condemning someone for stating their opinion on the woman in question is kinda hypocritical. If you choose to date someone in the public eye, I doubt you're foolish enough to believe you won't be "discussed" by the press or the public. In fact, some of the women may have wanted that!

I also have to admit that when celebrities whine about the price of fame and all that jazz, it's pretty annoying. Seriously, I'm so sorry you have billions of dollars, get to do what you love every day of your life, and people love and admire you so much they are interested in your every move. :::world's tiniest violin player::: Jimmy, to my knowledge, seems to have accepted this as part of the deal. I'm sure it gets annoying and invasive. I wouldn't be able to put up with it, but then I didn't choose to bust my ass trying to become famous.

Its not some sort of game... Jimmy Page and his past partners are real people. And a relationship between him and someone else is the same as a relationship between you and your partner. Imagine someone analyzing your relationship.

Well, I don’t have to imagine…lol Some of my relationships have been speculated on by family, friends, co-workers…you name it. Some people are just that way…they have to be in everyone’s business. If you don’t have anyone around you who is that way…wow…are you lucky! But even people who aren’t this way are interested in celebrities because they can't turn around without seeing something about them splashed on their computer screen, in the supermarket checkout, on TV...etc.

I just can't see how the same respect can't be applied to a scenario where the only difference is that the person just happens to be famous.

Well, as I pointed out regular people don’t get any more respect in that area sometimes either – at least I haven’t. But the very HUGE difference is - I would never choose to pursue becoming a celebrity. Celebrities WANT fame. They want everyone to know who they are. They pursue it relentlessly. When you make choices, you have to be willing to accept everything that comes with it.

Celebrities WANT fame. They want everyone to know who they are. They pursue it relentlessly. When you make choices, you have to be willing to accept everything that comes with it.

They want fame in order to be recognized for their talent or their love of entertaining an audience, not so much for other reasons. Often they are very proud of what they do and love to share their gift with others. Children are the same way when they have learned to do something and want their parents to see how well they have done.

Accepting everything that comes with fame includes damage control for the downside. That does not mean that you welcome everything that comes with fame. There are probably some things you could do without, like those potholes in the road when you are excited about going on a trip to a really wonderful place.

Why? Jimmy really said that these 3 women and their children are his close knit family.

In every Christmas,they gather together.

A few years ago,I read in UK newspaper that Jimmy Page has three different relationships in his life.

If Jimmy writes his autobiograhphy,he will mainly write about these three ladies about his female relationships.

Chiming in for a sec.....just because that info. was in the paper doesn't necessarily make it absolutely true. As for the bio, Jimmy will have a plethora of interesting things to write about.....and not necessarily about his personal life.

Which is why I stated "not saying it's right - it just is." I do think someone stating their opinion on the women in Jimmy's life is perfectly fair. After all, some of these women have written books about their experience...and I daresay just about everyone here has read them, so condemning someone for stating their opinion on the woman in question is kinda hypocritical. If you choose to date someone in the public eye, I doubt you're foolish enough to believe you won't be "discussed" by the press or the public. In fact, some of the women may have wanted that!

I also have to admit that when celebrities whine about the price of fame and all that jazz, it's pretty annoying. Seriously, I'm so sorry you have billions of dollars, get to do what you love every day of your life, and people love and admire you so much they are interested in your every move. :::world's tiniest violin player::: Jimmy, to my knowledge, seems to have accepted this as part of the deal. I'm sure it gets annoying and invasive. I wouldn't be able to put up with it, but then I didn't choose to bust my ass trying to become famous.

I don't think the dispute is with the groupies who have kiss and told, but more with the people who seem to judge Jimmy's long-term relationships. They seem to think it's perfectly alright to not only judge, but state such a biased opinion on them. I honestly don't think anyone has that right, unless they know them. And I don't care how famous Jimmy is, his fans still don't have the right to speak of the women in his life with any kind of judgement.

Jimmy did not start his musical career on the basis that his private life would be speculated, and on that level, I believe for the majority of it, he's lived a relatively peaceful life. For several years he built his reputation on session work - that's hardly setting yourself up for the media glare. So, again, even if he is famous, so what? He's still got a private life - just like you and I - and I'm sure the last thing he considers is that every fan he has will want to know the ins and outs of his relationships.

I'm fascinated with the whole groupie scene and have many books on it. Never once did I read any such book and think, 'Why, she is a slut'. They had a story to tell, and told it. I didn't buy their books because of who they banged, but because of the path they took in their lives - how they got to where they were. And there is almost always one common denominator they all share - they fell in love with these men, getting burned because of it. That's hardly a slutty trait. Of course, you write such books, you're only setting yourself up for a fall, but, again, I don't care. And I sure as shit don't think these girls care what we think, either. The time for judging them has long since passed. Some of us need to get over it.

I don't think the dispute is with the groupies who have kiss and told, but more with the people who seem to judge Jimmy's long-term relationships. They seem to think it's perfectly alright to not only judge, but state such a biased opinion on them. I honestly don't think anyone has that right, unless they know them. And I don't care how famous Jimmy is, his fans still don't have the right to speak of the women in his life with any kind of judgement.

Jimmy did not start his musical career on the basis that his private life would be speculated, and on that level, I believe for the majority of it, he's lived a relatively peaceful life. For several years he built his reputation on session work - that's hardly setting yourself up for the media glare. So, again, even if he is famous, so what? He's still got a private life - just like you and I - and I'm sure the last thing he considers is that every fan he has will want to know the ins and outs of his relationships.

I'm fascinated with the whole groupie scene and have many books on it. Never once did I read any such book and think, 'Why, she is a slut'. They had a story to tell, and told it. I didn't buy their books because of who they banged, but because of the path they took in their lives - how they got to where they were. And there is almost always one common denominator they all share - they fell in love with these men, getting burned because of it. That's hardly a slutty trait. Of course, you write such books, you're only setting yourself up for a fall, but, again, I don't care. And I sure as shit don't think these girls care what we think, either. The time for judging them has long since passed. Some of us need to get over it.

Or as Ray Charles said many times,

and she's alright.

RIP

I wouldn't be able to put up with it, but then I didn't choose to bust my ass trying to become famous.

Celebrities WANT fame. They want everyone to know who they are. They pursue it relentlessly.

I totally disagree with you here. Do you seriously believe that every "famous" person was aiming for that?

The answer is No.

There are plenty of people who want to be famous and yes, they have pretty much waivered any right to moan about the consequences of their decision.

BUT!!

Most people that can be considered artists were simply doing what they do best, and fame is just something that came along with it. It's something alot of people struggle with.

For example, a record label offered me a deal two years ago and I turned it down for a number of reasons which are not relevant here but I can tell you one of the major worries I had was "will I become big enough to be deemed "famous""

The reason I worried about that is because I love making music and I want to do it for the rest of my life and therefore I want to have at least some success to enable me to be able to do that without another job intefering , but I have no desire to be a big star. I don't want my life splashed around in tabloids etc and I'd like to be able to walk around with at least some privacy.

Then again if you're as good as Led Zeppelin, there is no way to avoid it but that doesn't mean they aimed for it!

So I really don't like the fact that you have just thrown everyone into one category and not considered the people out there who did not just simply chase fame.

If I thought the members of Led Zeppelin had done that, I for one would have done my best to avoid listening to them anyway!

I personally haven't read any books by Patricia, Charlotte, or Jimena. And there's people in this thread saying one was more intelligent than the other, Jimmy loved that one better than the other etc.... mind boggling...

Jimmy, to my knowledge, seems to have accepted this as part of the deal. I'm sure it gets annoying and invasive. I wouldn't be able to put up with it, but then I didn't choose to bust my ass trying to become famous.

I don't think Jimmy was "busting his ass" trying to become famous, do you? That's besides the point though. Just because someone's famous doesn't give you the license to act in ways that you know aren't right.

Some people are just that way…they have to be in everyone’s business.

But don't you hate people like that? None of what you say justifies that type of behaviour. Dunno why you're taking the effort to defend it so much.

Its just really sad how some people care so much about Jimmy's girlfriends... I don't understand...

I agree with this, its along the lines of the point I'm trying to make.

I personally haven't read any books by Patricia, Charlotte, or Jimena. And there's people in this thread saying one was more intelligent than the other, Jimmy loved that one better than the other etc.... mind boggling...

Patricia, Charlotte and Jimena haven't written any books, that's the thing. They've stayed completely silent on the subject of Jimmy, yet people seem to rank one woman higher than the other. One is more intelligent, one is more beautiful, one is more friendly. It was never a competition. Each woman gave Jimmy something that he obviously couldn't find in any other person. Why is it some people's mission to find out about it and then tear it down? There is zero ground for judgement on these women when they've not even spoken out about Jimmy.

I'm not about you, Songbird, by the way. Just thought I'd reply to your quote and then have a rant :D

Archived