Patricia Ecker pics

zeplinger

Because I knew someone who was reliable. There is a difference.

:blink: That doesn't answer the question. I know reliable people too. I don't know David Gilmour but I have no reason to accuse him of being unreliable. I'm sure he's had experience in the groupie world.

Jimmy is entitled to distinguish the serious relationships from the not-so-serious relationships, because they were his. Why should we be doing that? We have no claim over him or the women in his life. And even if he were involved with groupies or what have you, they had a certain power - being able to attract the men that they did - over him. They knew where they stood, but they used it to their advantage. And do they regret it? Probably not. So, whilst you insist that because Jimmy called Pamela a bimbo - so, therefore, she must be - don't forget that he also asked whether she was still in town that night. He may have called these women derogatory terms, but I'm willing to bet he would've gone to them just as willingly as they would've welcomed him.

Why, thank you B)

Well said and I really agree with you. How any fan can pronnounce on who Jimmy really loved and who he didn't is a bit mystifying.

Well said and I really agree with you. How any fan can pronnounce on who Jimmy really loved and who he didn't is a bit mystifying.

Thanks :D Furthur more, why should we be so interested in his private life? And why is it only Jimmy? I don't see this much speculation on Robert's relationships.

The women who have borne him children have kept their mouths shut because of that. I'm sure his kids would really love to hear their mother's airing their dirty laundry from years gone by. They've kept quiet for their own reasons. But that doesn't mean they're angels - any more than some people seem to make Jimmy out to be.

Thanks :D Furthur more, why should we be so interested in his private life? And why is it only Jimmy? I don't see this much speculation on Robert's relationships. The women who have borne him children have kept their mouths shut because of that. I'm sure his kids would really love to hear their mother's airing their dirty laundry from years gone by. They've kept quiet for their own reasons. But that doesn't mean they're angels - any more than some people seem to make Jimmy out to be.

Oooh I have. The webmaster here is just smart about deleting stuff quickly!

Agree with all you say here.

I don't really understand these types of threads either. Well, I get how fans are fascinated with these women because they wish they could BE them! or something. But I can't really see the thrill of discussing someone's relationships at length when a)you don't know any of the people concerned and b)it was like, 3498324 years ago. Just seems kinda silly.

Having said that I did click on the link in the first post and didn't realize Patricia Ecker was so young. 46? The age dif doesn't really show between her and JP. Then again he always has looked younger than his age IMO.

Dammit, I'm such a hypocrite! :lol:

But I can't really see the thrill of discussing someone's relationships at length when a)you don't know any of the people concerned and b)it was like, 3498324 years ago. Just seems kinda silly.

It comes with the territory of being famous. In exchange for millions of dollars, people will speculate endlessly about who you have or haven't boinked. Hey, there's a price for everything in life, including fame. Right, wrong, whatever, it just is...and always will be.

Most of Jimmy Page's partners have been "temporary" in a sense. He has Venus in Sagittarius, so it is natural for him to have relationships of a mutable nature.

What?

That stuff about David Gilmore was funny too.

Sagittarius is a mutable sign and Venus represents Jimmy Page's love interests. As for David Gilmore's disappointing conversation skills, my time is better spent.

Haha

Sorry, I didn't realise people still took stuff like that seriously...

Sagittarius is a mutable sign and Venus represents Jimmy Page's love interests. As for David Gilmore's disappointing conversation skills, my time is better spent.

I personally found him absolutely charming. I guess his skills depend on the person he's having the conversation with.

Whoever finds him absolutely charming should be the one talking to him.

Gilmour seems a bit shy and reserved, in a very appealing way.

I hope that groupies = prostitutes quote was just a bad translation. Anyway, he's an amazing guitarist.

I had already written this in another thread.

David Gilmore of Pink Floyd said in interview in 1971.

The relation between the groupies and the musicians look like the prostitutes and the guests who trace parallel lines. It's only that there isn't money issue.

This is the one to represent musicians' ideas in that age. (I personally think.)

But most groupies have very different ideas.

These girls might be mistaking to have had usual love relationships with Rock stars.

And there might be big different points between both.

This problem traces parallel lines forever. David Gilmore is exactly right!

I have not seen that interview. I wonder who spoke to him. He may be amazing at guitars, but it is apparent that his concept of the status of women may be limited, that is if he was correctly quoted. So before I rush to judgement, did he really say that?

(There is not any reference to prostitutes or groupies in this interview.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victorian_era

What does David Gilmour have to do with prostitution in the Victorian era?

Groupies hung out with and bedded rock stars because they wanted to. Aside from the tally of men and notoriety, they gained nothing from it but pleasure. As did the men who went to them.

Prostitutes usually resort to what they do because they need money to fuel something - usually some form of addiction. They usually live a life of depravity and are often in dangerous situations. They do it for business.

I don't know David Gilmour, nor any other musician, but if I do judge them (and I know I shouldn't) it's usually based on the manner in which they present themselves. And as far as I am concerned, David Gilmour seems like a very genteel, mild mannered man with respect for his fellow artists and fans. Whether or not he's had groupies (and given the era in which he first performed, it's likely) I care not one jot. It was a lifetime ago. Why should we care?

What does David Gilmour have to do with prostitution in the Victorian era?

Groupies hung out with and bedded rock stars because they wanted to. Aside from the tally of men and notoriety, they gained nothing from it but pleasure. As did the men who went to them.

Prostitutes usually resort to what they do because they need money to fuel something - usually some form of addiction. They usually live a life of depravity and are often in dangerous situations. They do it for business.

I don't know David Gilmour, nor any other musician, but if I do judge them (and I know I shouldn't) it's usually based on the manner in which they present themselves. And as far as I am concerned, David Gilmour seems like a very genteel, mild mannered man with respect for his fellow artists and fans. Whether or not he's had groupies (and given the era in which he first performed, it's likely) I care not one jot. It was a lifetime ago. Why should we care?

'Zactly. :yesnod:

Why should anyone care about the status of women? As long as the status quo is working groupies will always be prostitutes because no one has to care. Alice can have her good girl, bad girl caste system enshrined, and quote David Gilmour of Pink Floyd, incorrectly or not, as the one who justified her belief. So unless you are Charlotte Martin, Patricia Ecker or Jimena, if someone happens to define you as a groupie, you are entered impermeably into the groupie caste and dismissed by Alice as being pretty worthless as a person. Sorry, Miss Pamela.

Archived