Super Bowl Spread (Not Points)

jabe

I'm currently undecided.Leaning toward firing up the grill or doing this sinful nacho concoction my wife likes.Curious about what you good folks will have cooking on Super Bowl Sunday.

Well, hubby was going to watch with friends (guys only), but suddenly we are having people over here, and I've already done my grocery shopping. So we'll wing it. I think I'm making calzones; and I have a few boxes of TGIF appetizers and chips. May make some brownies too.

Calzones: use Pillsbury pizza dough; roll 2 tubes out onto 2 cookie sheets sprayed with Pam and cut each into 3-4 pieces. Mix 1 bag of shredded mozz with 1 15oz container ricotta and a few good shakes of Parmesan and divide among calzone pieces; spread on half. Add other toppings (we're doing some pepperoni, some ham, and I'm doing spinach for mine); fold in half, seal edges, brush top with a little olive oil and bake for about 10 minutes, I think it's at 350. Have tomato sauce handy for dipping. Kids love these too; they like to help make them :)

Well I'm in Michigan, and though there's a foot of snow on the ground, it's like 55 degrees out today (yesterday it was like 20) so the sh1ts melting... so I chose to run with the warm thing and do a mexican theme.

I'm making spicy enchiladas (beef and chicken both), and nachos topped with beef, 3 cheeses, lettuce, tomato, salsa and my secret 911 bean dip (optional), and mini tacos.

Got like 48 Coronas too... its BYOB, but better to not run out at a time like this.

Not sure what my guests are bringing. Probably some sh1tty veggie trays or something :angry:

Really I don't care about football... but I promote any occasion that provokes eating and drinking sh1t-loads of different sh1t.

Well I'm in Michigan, and though there's a foot of snow on the ground, it's like 55 degrees out today (yesterday it was like 20) so the sh1ts melting...

Yep. Only adds to the "wait 5 minutes and it will change" theory about the weather here.

Anyway, since it's only me and the wife, we got two big Porterhouse steaks for the grill, along with some baked potatoes and veggies. And beer, of course. A nice combo. Too bad i've got to work tommorow :angry:

Well, hubby was going to watch with friends (guys only), but suddenly we are having people over here, and I've already done my grocery shopping. So we'll wing it. I think I'm making calzones; and I have a few boxes of TGIF appetizers and chips. May make some brownies too.

Calzones: use Pillsbury pizza dough; roll 2 tubes out onto 2 cookie sheets sprayed with Pam and cut each into 3-4 pieces. Mix 1 bag of shredded mozz with 1 15oz container ricotta and a few good shakes of Parmesan and divide among calzone pieces; spread on half. Add other toppings (we're doing some pepperoni, some ham, and I'm doing spinach for mine); fold in half, seal edges, brush top with a little olive oil and bake for about 10 minutes, I think it's at 350. Have tomato sauce handy for dipping. Kids love these too; they like to help make them :)

:huh: So what are the ingredients in the "Brownies"? :shifty:

:o Now Doc, I haven't had any "ingredients" since probably the 80s, lol!! :lol::lol: Besides my daughter is usually the brownie maker so there better NOT be any "ingredients"!!

:o Just checking! Thought maybe Grandma might have passed down some secret family recipe! :D

aBrownieB.jpg

:o Just checking! Thought maybe Grandma might have passed down some secret family recipe! :D

aBrownieB.jpg

No, that was the rumcake :lol: By the way, I took 1/2 of a rum cake out of the freezer for the game, and our company left at halftime, without eating any :( There are apparently 560 calories per slice, so I am not eating any! I think it will be going to the office with me tomorrow...and I have one more whole rum cake in the freezer still.

Archived