Christian Bale's on set tirade

Cletus

He's a gorgeous man, but that's as far as my admiration goes for him. He's a bit too intense for my liking.

Everyone has the right to moan about something. Everyone has the right to get a bit peeved. But - and I don't care how famous/talented/gorgeous you are - no one has the right to say what he said and in the manner in which he said it. Yelling a 3-minute 'fuck' tirade (and in that diabolical accent) is not cool. I'm sure his point could've been put across in a more civilized manner - he's an actor, is he not?

I recommend anti-depressants.

Did you hear the remix? lol Someone sent it to me today. Had me in tears.

that mix is beyond awesome. i've listened at least 3 times.

my friend met him not long ago and he refused her request for a pic and autograph. jerk. it's not that hard.

that mix is beyond awesome. i've listened at least 3 times.

my friend met him not long ago and he refused her request for a pic and autograph. jerk. it's not that hard.

I'm surprised his camp hasn't issued a statement yet about all this mess. He's a marvelous actor..one of the best of this generation, imo, but I lost a lot of respect there.

He refused to sign for a co-worker of mine, too. Obviously he's not "about" his fans...or humans in general, really. :o

Oh, LOVE your sig! Vivien was a class act all the way.

I'm surprised his camp hasn't issued a statement yet about all this mess. He's a marvelous actor..one of the best of this generation, imo, but I lost a lot of respect there.

He refused to sign for a co-worker of mine, too. Obviously he's not "about" his fans...or humans in general, really. :o

Oh, LOVE your sig! Vivien was a class act all the way.

ohh, funnily enough he tells my friend when she asked for a pic, "i don't like cameras"

really? because i see you an awful lot on them! i dont know what he told her about the autograph though. it was actually an autograph for my boyfriends Batman Begins dvd....so its not like she was asking him for all these things for herself.

i still think he's a great actor, but sucks at life.

No matter how many times I hear that dance remix, it still cracks me up. Also, Steven Colbert and Steve Martin did a hilarious parody of the incident on the Colbert Report the other night. A scream.

Bale has issued an apology via 2 Los Angeles DJ's:

It's been a miserable week for me," Bale told hosts Kevin Ryder and Gene "Bean" Baxter. "Listen, I know I have a potty mouth, everybody knows this now.

"The thing that I really want to stress is I have no confusion whatsoever. I was out of order beyond belief. I was way out of order. I acted like a punk. I regret that.

"There is nobody that has heard that tape that's been hit harder by it than me. I make no excuses for it. It is unexcusable. I hope that that is absolutely clear."

He needs to keep is temper in check. He made a real ass of himself. I wonder if he knew someone was recording this?

The recording that has been released is a copy of the production sound tapes. What you are hearing is Bale's radio microphone, recorded by the production's Sound Recordist.

The production sent the recording to their insurance company, in case Bale walked away from the film. The leak has come from there. Whoever leaked it should be fired and never work in the industry again.

Clearly Bale was way out of line, but he has admitted that, and on the other hand, this sort of stuff happens on film sets - it's a high pressure environment. Thankfully in my career I have never had to deal with anything this crazy, but certainly these situations occur. The thing to remember is that actors are praised for their performance, because they spend their lives learning to connect with and channel their emotions. But they can't just switch it off, actors are emotionally driven people, on and off the set. This is why they are good at their jobs, but the flip side to that is that sometimes these moments happen.

Whoa, he must have been pissed highly about something else that caused him to snap! I would've been scared if I was on set. :o He's a great actor though. I have to admit thought, that remix is hilarious!! :lol:

Well, he was doing a very emotional scene.............in Terminator 4. :unsure:

There is now also a video remix of the remix. Damnit, I just knew someone would defile Newsies.

Link

Archived