What is your ancestry?

Deborah J

I am Native American Indian from my Dad'd side and Irish from my Mom's side.

I am half Irish(with some English/Scottish) from my Mother's side and from my Father's side is Italian.

My Mothers side - English

My Father's side - Irish.

I was born in Canada though.

My Mothers side - Indian

My Father's side - Indian

I immigrated to Canada though.....Days of Zep Sept. 9 '74 @ 13

My ancestors in the early 19th century were skilled construction/Wood Workers, My Maternal Grandfather was also a ranking officer during British Rule in India........

The above Apprenticeship has continued to my parents generation - but now practiced as a side qualification by younger generation.......

I know that I am related to Winston Churchill, he's directly part of my family.

Also the Roundtree (sp?) family, known for medical reasons and chocolate.

That's the exciting bit. I'm 1/4 Italian 1/4 Irish and 1/2 English :D

...quite a family tree.... :D

I know that I am related to Winston Churchill, he's directly part of my family.

Also the Roundtree (sp?) family, known for medical reasons and chocolate.

That's the exciting bit. I'm 1/4 Italian 1/4 Irish and 1/2 English

Cool! :D

My Mothers side - Indian

My Father's side - Indian

I immigrated to Canada though.....Days of Zep Sept. 9 '74 @ 13

My ancestors in the early 19th century were skilled construction/Wood Workers, My Maternal Grandfather was also a ranking officer during British Rule in India........

The above Apprenticeship has continued to my parents generation - but now practiced as a side qualification by younger generation.......

I find this quite impressive, don't know why..

A lot of Serbians immigrated to Canada during the 90s.

I find this quite impressive, don't know why..

A lot of Serbians immigrated to Canada during the 90s.

...Canada is a such a mix of different cultures...I love it here, truly proud to be Canadian foremost...beautiful place to raise children.... :D (and I have met lots of Serbians too...great people.... :D

...Canada is a such a mix of different cultures...I love it here, truly proud to be Canadian foremost...beautiful place to raise children.... :D (and I have met lots of Serbians too...great people.... :D

I seriously thought about moving to Canada when I grow up and my parents told me that's a good idea, as soon as I learn French and finish some good university.

I seriously thought about moving to Canada when I grow up and my parents told me that's a good idea, as soon as I learn French and finish some good university.

...Lean Zep, I think you have made the perfect/right decision to finish your education in ONE system/country....I was 13 nor I belonged here nor there...You either begin education as a child/young here...or you finish your education complete College in your country...but NEVER the middle like me...that was a mistake my parents generation made at the time...and remained a difficulty in many levels of my life........ :D

...Lean Zep, I think you have made the perfect/right decision to finish your education in ONE system/country....I was 13 nor I belonged here nor there...You either begin education as a child/young here...or you finish your education complete College in your country...but NEVER the middle like me...that was a mistake my parents generation made at the time...and remained a difficulty in many levels of my life........ :D

I'm sorry to hear you had difficulties as a teen because of immigration and changing your school but, as far as I can see now, you're doin' ok, aren't you? ;) ...Are you? :unsure:

I would love to live in Canada and hope some day I'll reach that goal. *fingers crossed*

I'm Polish/Russian, Irish and English on my father's side. Just English on my mother's side. Born and raised in England myself.

I'm related to a particular Royal Family - not British - though I'm not a descendant. We do both share the same common ancestors, however.

And given that my original surname is so unusual, there's a very high probability that I'm related to a Polish composer (and his Soprano wife through marriage) and a Polish artist.

I'm Polish/Russian, Irish and English on my father's side. Just English on my mother's side. Born and raised in England myself.

I'm related to a particular Royal Family - not British - though I'm not a descendant. We do both share the same common ancestors, however.

And given that my original surname is so unusual, there's a very high probability that I'm related to a Polish composer (and his Soprano wife through marriage) and a Polish artist.

Hi LDW.

Who's that then? "Rinsky Kauseyournot" or somink? ;)

I'm a 100% Anglo-Saxon-Irish-Jew, in other words a Pure Breed Mongrel (PBM) there have been more "Breeds" in my family's history than in England's Royalty.

Regards, Danny

PS. Does that make me an American in any way, just asking? Maybe even Australian? or Canadian? or Kiwi? or am i clutching at straws? :slapface:

Hi LDW.

Who's that then? "Rinsky Kauseyournot" or somink? ;)

I'm a 100% Anglo-Saxon-Irish-Jew, in other words a Pure Breed Mongrel (PBM) there have been more "Breeds" in my family's history than in England's Royalty.

Regards, Danny

PS. Does that make me an American in any way, just asking? Maybe even Australian? or Canadian? or Kiwi? or am i clutching at straws? :slapface:

Hello there, Danny Boy.

Considering that I don't have 100% proof (though it's probably that they are) and that there's every chance that they have descendants, I'll not name who they are.

Are you of Ashkenazi or Sephardi Jewish ancestry, Dan? Depending on which one, you may be able to find out whether you're a descendant of Eastern European or the Spain/Portugal area.

I'm sorry to hear you had difficulties as a teen because of immigration and changing your school but, as far as I can see now, you're doin' ok, aren't you? ;) ...Are you? :unsure:

I would love to live in Canada and hope some day I'll reach that goal. *fingers crossed*

...very interesting people here in this thread....

tks.. yes we are all fine now, I was speaking of initial settlement.......... :D

As for my future family they are very well balanced in two cultures, they were quite fascinated by all the Artifacts, Tools of The Trade that are kept in my ancestor home/relatives from the early century...they can't believe that my elders use to make/bake their own bricks among other skills, and actually some of my family/relatives still worship their Tools, as they always have, even here in Canada....

I was adopted at birth by Americans of Russian/Polish Jewish ancestry. My grandmother and her sister were smuggled across Poland during WW1. They were buried in a haywagon and survived soldiers stabbing at the hay with their bayonettes. My aunt had her story published in Time Magazine in the 1960s.

I always knew I was adopted, but I didn't find my birth parents until I was in my 30s. Somehow I always knew I was from UK blood. I also found my brother (who I never knew I had). We're brothers to the end now. His first name is Montgomery (Monty). Yeah, definitely some English in there! :lol:

Mother: Half Welsh, quarter English, quarter Italian

Father: Half Welsh, half English

:beer:

So, by definition, you could be considered American-British yourself. Do you carry a British passport?

Edited to include:

Prior to 1983, as a general rule British nationality could only be transmitted from the father through one generation only, and parents were required to be married. See History of British nationality law.

With effect from 30 April 2003, a person born outside the UK to a British mother may be entitled to register as a British citizen by descent if that person was born between 8 February 1961 and 31 December 1982. However those with permanent resident status in the UK or who are entitled to the right of abode may instead prefer to seek naturalisation as a British citizen which gives transmissible British citizenship otherwise than by descent. Requirements for successful registration are that the applicant be of good character and attend a citizenship ceremony.

If your birth mother was a Briton, then you are eligible for British citizenship yourself.

Wiki Link

Archived