Jump to content
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
kingzoso

I Really Miss Ronnie James DIO...

Recommended Posts

Ronnie James Dio Hologram To Embark On 'Dio Returns' World Tour; First Dates Announced

ronniejamesdiolive2007_638.jpg.f9d8ae2d9cc41848ef0cdfdda9ce00c0.jpg

Live music's premier hologram production company EyeIllusion today revealed initial dates for "Dio Returns: The World Tour", featuring a hologram of Ronnie James Dio reunited with the late rock star's former bandmates from the Dio band. The tour will make more than eighty stops around the globe, kicking off in Helsinki, Finland on November 30. It marks the first tour of its kind, breaking new ground just as Dio did throughout an accomplished career as a lead singer and songwriter in defining bands such as Rainbow, Black Sabbath and Dio.

 

The "Dio Returns" tour will also make stops throughout Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Chile, Columbia, Ecuador, France, Germany, Japan, Mexico, New Zealand, Paraguay, United Kingdom, Venezuela and other countries, with dates to be announced. The tour is expected to come to the United States in spring 2018 and play festivals globally during the summer.

 

The Ronnie James Dio hologram will perform for the majority of the show, treating fans to an alternating set list that will feature songs such as "Holy Diver", "Rainbow In The Dark", "We Rock", "King Of Rock And Roll", Black Sabbath's "Neon Knights" and "Heaven And Hell" and Rainbow's "Man On The Silver Mountain" and more.

 

In August 2016, EyeIllusion surprised fans when it debuted the Ronnie James Dio hologram at the Wacken Open Air heavy metal festival in Germany. The hologram was also tapped to open the 2017 Pollstar Awards, wowing bookers and promoters in attendance and creating excitement for the forthcoming tour. The "Dio Returns" tour will feature Dio's actual live vocals, backed by a live band consisting of former Dio members Simon Wright (drums), Craig Goldy (guitar) and Scott Warren (Keyboards) alongside Bjorn Englen (Yngwie Malmsteen). Veteran metal vocalist Tim "Ripper" Owens (Judas Priest, Iced Earth, Yngwie Malmsteen) will also perform, with singer Oni Logan (Lynch Mob) also joining on select dates.

 

"Working with EyeIllusion over the past year and a half to turn our dream of this tour into a reality has been absolutely incredible," said Wendy Dio, who managed Ronnie James Dio throughout his career and is overseeing every aspect of the "Dio Returns" tour. "No one has ever been able to put together a showand tour like this and we like to think of Ronnie smiling down as we continue to find new ways to share his music will all generations of fans. We cannot wait to be able to finally bring this incredible experience to Ronnie's fans around the world."

 

"We've really only given Dio fans a small taste of what they're going to see on this tour," said Jeff Pezzuti, CEO and founder of EyeIllusion. "We are creating a completely new hologram of Ronnie, designing an amazing light show and continuing to add more dates around the world to make sure that as many fans as possible get an opportunity to take part in this experience."

 

EyeIllusion's holograms and live productions are supported by a team of live music and special effects veterans, including Wendy Dio, who leads industry relations, veteran rock manager Todd Singerman, who supports artist relations, and Kenny Aronoff, world renowned live and studio drummer, who supports business development and technical live production efforts. Chad Finnerty at Digital Frontier FX is EyeIllusion's exclusive content creation partner, working directly with clients to bring every project vision to the live stage. Legendary Hollywood digital effects executives Scott Ross advises EyeIllusion on overall content creation for all productions.

 

EyeIllusion is actively raising funds to secure additional artist rights and finance projects and tours in its growing pipeline.

 

"Dio Returns" tour dates

 

Nov. 30 - Hellsinki, Finland @ The Circus

Dec. 03 - Stockholm, Sweden @ Fryshuset

Dec. 04. - Oslo, Norway @ Rockefeller Music Hall

Dec. 06 - Warsaw, Poland @ Progresja

Dec. 13 - Barcelona, Spain @ Bikini

Dec. 15 - Santander, Spain @ Escenario Santander

Dec. 17 - Bucharest, Romania @ Arelene Romaine

Dec. 20 - Antwerp, Belgium @ Trix

Dec. 21 - Tilburq, Netherlands @ 013

dioreturnstourposter.thumb.jpg.28bcfaed96f7258bdaaffadb6e8bc757.jpg

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ronnie-james-dio-hologram-to-embark-on-dio-returns-world-tour-first-dates-announced/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

....losing Ronnie hit me as hard as losing John Bonham, Freddie Mercury and David Bowie.  Miss him so much!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The guy sitting next to us at the Last In Line show last week had a shirt that read, I Still Miss RJD. I talked to many fans that night, who saw Ronnie throughout the years, I never did. Am still kicking myself for that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone else here besides me find the Hologram Tour idea a bit much?  A tribute DVD, memorial concert tour...An encore Hologram song or two.. ok fine. This doesn't sit well with me. Too much. 

Wendy Dio is getting crucified on Blabbermouth for this.. 

Let him Rest In Peace. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would say go see The Last In Line, Andrew Freeman does an amazing jobs on vocals, Ronnie cannot be replaced, not a fan of the hologram, just seems weird to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Hologram thing seems weird and gimmicky to me.  Here's one of my favorite RJD moments...three years before his passing.  For a 65 yo dying of cancer, what a set of pipes!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/27/2017 at 9:01 AM, the chase said:

Anyone else here besides me find the Hologram Tour idea a bit much?  A tribute DVD, memorial concert tour...An encore Hologram song or two.. ok fine. This doesn't sit well with me. Too much. 

Wendy Dio is getting crucified on Blabbermouth for this.. 

Let him Rest In Peace. 

That was my initial thought too. Wendy Dio is exploiting this to the max. I got to admit I kind of got a chuckle looking at the concert advertisement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it's blasphemous, Wendy is not showing respect for the dead, I think this is a real low on her part.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017-07-27 at 0:51 AM, luvlz2 said:

Ronnie James Dio Hologram To Embark On 'Dio Returns' World Tour; First Dates Announced

ronniejamesdiolive2007_638.jpg.f9d8ae2d9cc41848ef0cdfdda9ce00c0.jpg

Live music's premier hologram production company EyeIllusion today revealed initial dates for "Dio Returns: The World Tour", featuring a hologram of Ronnie James Dio reunited with the late rock star's former bandmates from the Dio band. The tour will make more than eighty stops around the globe, kicking off in Helsinki, Finland on November 30. It marks the first tour of its kind, breaking new ground just as Dio did throughout an accomplished career as a lead singer and songwriter in defining bands such as Rainbow, Black Sabbath and Dio.

 

The "Dio Returns" tour will also make stops throughout Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Chile, Columbia, Ecuador, France, Germany, Japan, Mexico, New Zealand, Paraguay, United Kingdom, Venezuela and other countries, with dates to be announced. The tour is expected to come to the United States in spring 2018 and play festivals globally during the summer.

 

The Ronnie James Dio hologram will perform for the majority of the show, treating fans to an alternating set list that will feature songs such as "Holy Diver", "Rainbow In The Dark", "We Rock", "King Of Rock And Roll", Black Sabbath's "Neon Knights" and "Heaven And Hell" and Rainbow's "Man On The Silver Mountain" and more.

 

In August 2016, EyeIllusion surprised fans when it debuted the Ronnie James Dio hologram at the Wacken Open Air heavy metal festival in Germany. The hologram was also tapped to open the 2017 Pollstar Awards, wowing bookers and promoters in attendance and creating excitement for the forthcoming tour. The "Dio Returns" tour will feature Dio's actual live vocals, backed by a live band consisting of former Dio members Simon Wright (drums), Craig Goldy (guitar) and Scott Warren (Keyboards) alongside Bjorn Englen (Yngwie Malmsteen). Veteran metal vocalist Tim "Ripper" Owens (Judas Priest, Iced Earth, Yngwie Malmsteen) will also perform, with singer Oni Logan (Lynch Mob) also joining on select dates.

 

"Working with EyeIllusion over the past year and a half to turn our dream of this tour into a reality has been absolutely incredible," said Wendy Dio, who managed Ronnie James Dio throughout his career and is overseeing every aspect of the "Dio Returns" tour. "No one has ever been able to put together a showand tour like this and we like to think of Ronnie smiling down as we continue to find new ways to share his music will all generations of fans. We cannot wait to be able to finally bring this incredible experience to Ronnie's fans around the world."

 

"We've really only given Dio fans a small taste of what they're going to see on this tour," said Jeff Pezzuti, CEO and founder of EyeIllusion. "We are creating a completely new hologram of Ronnie, designing an amazing light show and continuing to add more dates around the world to make sure that as many fans as possible get an opportunity to take part in this experience."

 

EyeIllusion's holograms and live productions are supported by a team of live music and special effects veterans, including Wendy Dio, who leads industry relations, veteran rock manager Todd Singerman, who supports artist relations, and Kenny Aronoff, world renowned live and studio drummer, who supports business development and technical live production efforts. Chad Finnerty at Digital Frontier FX is EyeIllusion's exclusive content creation partner, working directly with clients to bring every project vision to the live stage. Legendary Hollywood digital effects executives Scott Ross advises EyeIllusion on overall content creation for all productions.

 

EyeIllusion is actively raising funds to secure additional artist rights and finance projects and tours in its growing pipeline.

 

"Dio Returns" tour dates

 

Nov. 30 - Hellsinki, Finland @ The Circus

Dec. 03 - Stockholm, Sweden @ Fryshuset

Dec. 04. - Oslo, Norway @ Rockefeller Music Hall

Dec. 06 - Warsaw, Poland @ Progresja

Dec. 13 - Barcelona, Spain @ Bikini

Dec. 15 - Santander, Spain @ Escenario Santander

Dec. 17 - Bucharest, Romania @ Arelene Romaine

Dec. 20 - Antwerp, Belgium @ Trix

Dec. 21 - Tilburq, Netherlands @ 013

dioreturnstourposter.thumb.jpg.28bcfaed96f7258bdaaffadb6e8bc757.jpg

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ronnie-james-dio-hologram-to-embark-on-dio-returns-world-tour-first-dates-announced/

Dude,

Not because I was never really fan of his lyrics about the magical Pegasus ? but this entire idea of a hologram gig is really creepy and distasteful to me and represents everything I dislike about the music ?  industry (milk the fans for stuff which isn't even real) but if his fans want to shell money ? out for something like that who am I to tell them no

i can't even blame the industry since it doesn't really exist anymore - it's Dio legal owners I guess whoever they are...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Being a huge Dio fan, this just makes me sick. This is nothing but a cash grab. Leave the man's legacy alone.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

You'd have to be living under a rock not to know who Ronnie James Dio is. That said, I was never all that familiar with his work aside from two or three of his more well known songs. Well, let me tell you I've been on a four hour Ronnie James Dio binge on You Tube tonight, taking in some of his complete concerts for the first time. He's truly great! There are no weak songs, it's just one ass kicking after another. My Dio collection is about to begin.   

 

Edited by SteveAJones

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

....welcome aboard SteveAJones!  I've been a fan of his since the first Rainbow album.  Since then I've even gone back to his days with Elf! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

65 years old and three years before his passing......just amazing!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^^^

Sculpting screams and holding notes like that at 65. What a front man! What a front man!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Back on You Tube for a second night of Ronnie James Dio performances. This guy RULES!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've always had RJD in my Top 5 rock vocalists.  Glad to see others appreciate the voice that man had!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Stryder1978 said:

I've always had RJD in my Top 5 rock vocalists.  Glad to see others appreciate the voice that man had!

I honestly didn't know what to expect. I was thinking that because of the genre (heavy metal) he would be a bit This Is Spinal Tap, but he's not at all. He doesn't comes across as a parody or a cliche whatsoever, it's just vocal prowess that in some ways is operatic. Ronnie James Dio just slays. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not a big fan of "rock ballads", but this song is just so beautiful...Blackmore's guitar and RJD vocals...how can you NOT like it?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dio’s best days were in Rainbow, what was Ritchie thinking going for a more commercial and generic sounding singer when he went for Joe Lynn Turner, nothing Ritchie Blackmore did ever came close to the Dio albums again.

Bad choice he made.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/4/2018 at 9:19 AM, Stryder1978 said:

I've always had RJD in my Top 5 rock vocalists.  Glad to see others appreciate the voice that man had!

After Robert Plant, Ronnie James is my favorite singer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×